welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Synthetic~ 02/02/2020

Hi just stopping by. The work you've been doing lately is exceptional . I know I've told you in a PM I thought it was great. But I wanted it out there where everyone could see this.

""" the quality of your work is progressing at warp speed""

I can't beleive how quickly you are moving from one great piece to another that is even more difficult and challenging than the last.

lovely lovely work, this is a gallery it is always a pleasure to view.

ciao

OMA

I was trying to catch up on some galleries, you have been doing some great images and I know you will just get better and better. Love it! You have developed your own style and your work is great.

@ Storm ... thanks man, I know what you mean about needing a bit of light, but the PDN file is closed, but your 2 cents are noted for the next time I attempt a glass flower :wink:

@ Janettsue ... :D Thanks for your kind words, and it's great to see you back :D:D

@ Helen ... as per always, thanks for your feedback and encouragement :wink: :D

@ oma ... :oops: That's very kind of you - I never realised I had so much stuff until I started re-arranging my front page :shock:

Your post made me smile 'cos I had a flashback to my old art teacher telling me, the only thing I'd ever draw properly is a pair of curtains :lol: so to read that, well it made my day 8)

This next piece, I think only oma will believe me when I say; I started it before she posted the excellent Sword Tutorial :D It's sort of inspired by the cross I made, Storm.Shadow's coat of arms and of course oma's sword when I first saw it :idea:

Crusade

crusade.png

and thanks to oma for her input when I was making it :wink:

Some textures that 'evolved'

th_roughwood.png th_roughwood2.png th_roughwood3.png

These are such awesome textures, and look almost photo-realistic. Awesome job! ;)

Its pity that their 3D-ness was lost (when using s3d?) to make the pot.

The latest piece is awesome. Really great sword and axe. I would give both a more define light source though, especially on the sword (darken one side of the sword blade). Great job thought, it must've taken a while. Keep up the awesome work. ;)

I agree with helen. You put a lot of details into this one.

And that rough wood texture looks very realistic! *we want a tutorial* tutorial.gif

now that's a sheild and the sword well what can I say. That's great. I love that centre line there in the sword making it really two edge cutting blade. And the handle of the sword well I've PM'd you about that one before. Its given me an idea.

the cross is now much better in relation to the rest of the picture facing inwards. seems more connected than from the original position.

very well done!

ciao OMA

@ LFC' ... thanks man, yep S3D wasn't a success as a pot, but I live and learn :wink:

Another valid point about the definite light source, I'll work on that when I make some changes.

The rough wood, a poor job on the joins ... 'nuff said :wink:

@ Helen ... thanks, you're producing such great stuff I've got to try and keep up with you :P

@Jedi12 ... thanks, but my wood work come from using these 2 png's in everything I do

th_woodyetagain2.png th_newwood33.png

which I made using this tut ... http://pdnfans.freeforums.org/simple-wo ... l-t57.html Just keeping making new ones, and cut and paste parts you like to make one big sheet.

For rough/ swirly bits/ knots add a new layer, render clouds at a high Scale and low Roughness then run the Height Field to Normal plug in. Blend it in as you like. Hope that helps mate, if you want more detail send me a PM :)

@ oma ... thanks :D . I'm currently working on getting the sharpness back :wink: RE: the shield ... I can feel a project coming on where there's a 'anvas of different shields :lol: And the cross ? I'm so glad I listened to you :idea:

This next piece came from a mess around after oma said I should write a lil' axe tut

th_spiritlevel.png

The hammer is relatively easy if anyone thinks it's worth me doing a tut for that ... or the spirit level :arrow:

I'm thinking of changing my sig and avatar, are these too OTT ?

newavatar-1.pngnewsig.png

And now my finger is aching from typing so much :wink:

I think you should do a tut; it would be so wonderful. I really like the hammer, it reminds me of how I always liked tools and cars rather than girly things when I was younger. :P

tut!

nice images. glad you went ahead and kept the steps.

hurry and post the steps....

don't be like me and delete the pdn by mistake. (last image I sent you PM gone nadda left. now I've to start all over.... don't know if I should laugh or cry.....:lol::cry: ......told it wouldn't be finished until Easter...guess I jinked myself.)

Hey welshblue thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll try tomorrow... anyway nice hammer, it's very detailed. btw what does OTT mean? :oops:

@ Jedi12 ... No worries mate, I'll sort those wood png's out for you this weekend, and OTT means over the top :wink:

@ Storm' ... I'm not sure about the sig' but I've kept the avatar

@ oma ... Thanks :D I'm working on the tut', it makes you appreciate all the tuts when you try to write one yourself, hopefully #2 will be a bit clearer than the #1 you tried :?

That was a great idea of yours for the background of WorkShop but I'd gone a bit too heavy on some of the shadows and it didn't look right :oops:

@ Helen ... Thanks :D . This next image is inspired by what you said up there ^^, this is a combination of 2 of my hobbies, PDN and carpentry

Work Shop

th_workshop.png

BTW - the saw texture is meant to resemble sand blasted steel :idea: It'll either work or it won't :?

And the set square is too glarey and actually now I've posted it I realised I've over-worked this image to death :cry: And I used the wrong spirit level. And .......

Don't beat yourself to death, Welsh. It looks cool. The saw could use a little tweak, but I suspect you already flattened the PDN file. The good thing about PDN is you don't have to worry about busting your thumb hammering nails.

I actually like the saw and was what came to my attention first. This particular image is realistic and in fact, I thought you took a snapshot of my dad's workshop area. :lol: I really, really, quadruple really like it. Soon all your images will come to life. Great job! :P:P

@ Storm' ... thanks man :D I've still got the PDN file (and all the separate ones for the tools) as I want to add a chisel (when I can get the handle right :? ) a tape measure and some nails. The saw, which parts would you tweak? The handle?

It's more frustrating not having a thumb to hold nails with and whacking the stump is infinitely worse :lol:

@ Helen ... thanks :D Your words of encouragement are always appreciated and it's great to have your feedback 8)

A new version, following a suggestion oma made

workshop2.png

2 different versions of Crusade

th_medievaledit.png th_medievaleditcolour.png

The workshop is great and the two versions of the crusade are wicked cool. I love the sword. I don't know if I ever mentioned that. :wink:

Thanks guys and gals, I've started to totally change WorkShop ... adding screw-heads to handles etc (Thanks to guess who :wink: )

That's a fair point about the light bouncing off the shield Storm' ... I always seem to miss the finer details out :roll:

Thanks GoonFella, if I had to choose it would be that one. There was one with very pale flames on it but I seem to have deleted that one :roll:

Having a break from tools (in more ways than one, today :roll: )and trying to write tutorials; also having had an ultimatum of either get rid of some PDN files (I didn't realise I had so many scattered around) or buy the others in the family another PC ... so being a bit of a tight wad, something I started before Crusade

glasslinks2.png

I'm speechless. It looks so glittery/meticallicky. It's outstanding. I love it!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a fair point about the light bouncing off the shield Storm' ... I always seem to miss the finer details out :roll:

glasslinks2.png

Nah, you don't miss the finer details. Just something I saw in my mind's eye when I saw your art work.

Like Helen said, your new jewelry work or whatever you wanna call it is awesome!