welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Synthetic~ 02/02/2020

6 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

Does that fall under the category of 'conquests'?

He he he he he ... that's tickled me 🤣🤣

I'm not even going to go there Lynxster' ... my wife is always willing to remind me of my past - speaking of reputation I'll be back to give for that. Cheered up my day no end.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 12:55 PM, lynxster4 said:

Glad I could brighten your day! 

It certainly did.

Visitant

It's weird how images can evolve.  Ironically this started out as Lost Love :arrow-up:

But then our estate spirits got a bit hyper over the Christmas period, and it changed.  Yep I said it. Ghosts.

Each of the 6 houses have experienced activity.  Be it noises, smells, apparitions or just mundane things like doors opening by themselves.  The living hurt you ... not the dead so we buzz off of them.  Sceptics may scoff,  but when 2 of you have seen the same 'person' and wrote it down for a third person who didn't ... and the description is identical.

Or a child's hand print on your bathroom mirror ... and one of the  histories is that the houses are built on an old mansion grounds where records show a child died ... 

Anyways Visitant.  A lot of stock images put together.  Only about 20% Paint.net but it works ... ?

Visitant.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, welshblue said:

Be it noises, smells, apparitions or just mundane things like doors opening by themselves.

I get the smells and noises but I blame it on the whisky... ah spirits!

• Like 1

I like it...a bit creepy, but I like it. :star:

How do you go from 'love' to 'haunting spirits'?  :P   Well done.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

I like it...a bit creepy, but I like it.

I agree with @lynxster4, creepy image, but it's very well put together. I myself haven't had any supernatural experiences, but my wife has. We went to this hotel to tour since it was notorious for having supernatural occurrences, and I didn't see anything happen. She said the last time she toured the place with a friend they saw a lot of stuff happen, TVs turn on, objects move, etc. Creepy to hear about, but again, never experienced it first hand.

• Like 1

Yes, I really like Visitant @welshblue.  I'm not for Ghouls, but this image is really good.  I believe in this kind of thing and I actually had an 'experience' with-the-other-side, about 46 years ago.  I won't go into the details, but I'm a believer 😱

Am out of Reps right now - I'll be back 🧐

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:43 AM, Red ochre said:

I get the smells and noises but I blame it on the whisky... ah spirits!

hehehe 

I prefer the phantom smell of toast at between 11 pm and midnight ... whisky aroma is the real stuff of nightmares ... reminds me too much of a tw@ of a father

@lynxster4 ... Thanks.  From love to spirits ?  I've given up working out the tangents in my head 😋 

The real reason ... laying in a cast iron bath and the fibreglass panel starts vibrating ...  saying, "Will you Eff off" ... and then the door rattling with no windows open in the house.  Sounds mad ... but hand on heart on the lives of all those I treasure.  True

@JulioCoolio ... thanks mate.  I get a perverse pleasure from making creepy/ macabre ... maybe my cynical take on the world.  Glad your wife can back me up 😀

@Pixey ... Thanks.  Some believe.  Some don't.  I only believe because of experiences. As do my neighbours.   

My son was a big cynic.  He reckoned everyone round here either drank too much or smoked too much wacky baccy  ... until one early morning when his stereo turned on and he fell out of bed in fright.  Now he won't sleep in the house by himself

Thanks @ReMake and @Seerose

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1

@welshblue, fantastic as always! I wish I could transport Lucille, the ghostly teacher from my childhood home, over to your neighborhood to keep the little girl company. Lucille loves watching over kids. 😥

• Like 1

<3 @welshblue!

Such fantastic work, really magnetic. 

Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

Sorry!

I couldn't write an answer because my pc is updating. 
Now I also have Windows 10 and I am not satisfied with it.

• Like 1

Visitant is creepy good! It can be quite a challenge to use a bunch of stock images &  make them work but you did it! :star: 

• Like 1

Extremely tardy of me not replying sooner ... I've smacked myself on the wrist

@LionsDragon thank you. 

Some reading this may think ... if they're not on drugs ... they need to be ... but once witnessed you've got to believe.  Lucille ... damn Kenny Rogers in my head ... I almost prefer the spirits 😋

@Seerose ... thank you.  As always your comments are so kind.  Once you get used to Windows 10 ... you'll love it.

@barbieq25 ... thank you.  It can be a real pickle finding images that suit one another.  Matching lighting/shadows etc. 

You've also got be be careful of what you search for/ words used in the search - I'm still damaged at some of the images I've seen 😁

(Strangely the missus always seems to walk in at inappropriate times ...)

• Like 2

A good example of Stock images not really suiting each other below, but it conveys how I feel

Toxic Decline inspired by an unpleasant situation I witnessed last week.

Joining a queue in a supermarket just as a really elderly woman was struggling to put the last few items into her bag. 

People eye rolling to one another, one sighing ... and then the discontent really started as she searched for her purse.  Starting to cry as she realised she'd lost it.

One bloke sniggered and everyone else just looked away.  

She was insistent she'd leave her shopping.  Sod that.  £15 odd was nothing to pay it for her, nor was the price of a cup of tea waiting for her daughter to collect her.

The icing on the cake was hearing someone call me a f*****g mug, for paying.  Luckily my wife was there to call me to heel ...

... is compassion really going to the wall when somebody is visibly distressed in modern society ?  Is it acceptable to just walk on by ?  It's not our problem if it isn't affecting us ?  

Toxic-Decline.png

Stock: People Background

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

@welshblue The Toxic Decline has no borders! It has migrated around the world. Spirituality has also declined and even in my country I have witnessed that the poor and infirmed are frequently despised.

Happy New Year!

• Like 3

<3  @walisischblau🥇

Unfortunately; today some people become cold. 
There is enough selfishness, especially against the elderly.
Excellent work. All pictures suitable. Even the picture title fits perfectly.

Thank you for sharing with us. 🧁 :coffee:

• Like 1

@welshbluethank you for your kindness. There's enough &lt;No cursing.&gt; people are going through. As you know, I work with the worst but even they get some understanding from me. Hw hard is it to smile at somene who is having a rubbish day? To offer a hand? That old woman could be me one day.

This gets me to thinking, what is suited? What are we trying to achieve? A realstic composition that we can pass off a being the real deal? Or an emotive image? What of Kurt Schwitters who would pick up discarded items to carefully wash & then use in his images. Merz 410 Irgendsowas is a good example. 

Your image says: This is how I feel. This is the dischord. This is what is wrong with the world. It's becoming lifeless. Removed, disjointed, colder. 

Bravo my friend!

• Like 2

This image says it all.  Very well pulled together :) In this day and age the world is in definite decline.  I have my theories why, but I won't elucidate.  Job well done @welshblue.

It did, though, bring  back a memory of when we were in a small supermarket, in a tiny town in Italy, and we're standing about 5th in line behind people checking out.  A very, very elderly Mama was in the midst of paying when her mobile phone rang.  She rummaged around in the depths of her hand bag, brought out the phone and then continued to have a 10 minute discussion with someone on the other end.  No one said a word.  In Italy Mama's Rule :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, man, we live in a world that is increasingly becoming heartless.  I never did comment on Echo, and I must congratulate you on a job well done.

• Like 1

@HyReZ @Seerose @lynxster4 @barbieq25 @Pixey @TrevorOutlaw ... thanks for the comments and thanks for helping me realise I'm not alone in watching the decline of the way things were.  I'm becoming a grumpy old man ... but I still want to care

thanks too @ReMake

Sadly it doesn't have to cost money to be kind, as BarbieQ' says,  a smile can go a long way.  Or just helping that neighbour who isn't as able anymore.

On the flip side ... kindness can breed kindness.  My son is self centred and oblivious in a good way.  His own lil' bubble. 

But every Friday night he'll buy a four pack, fish and chips, a book and sit and chat to a homeless guy for a while. 

One night they happened to be sitting opposite a posh restaurant when a bloke crossed the road and handed over a £200 they'd collected, because they felt guilty about eating good food whilst watching my son take the time/ make the effort ... so on the whole hopefully good still does outweigh the apathy for those struggling

Some would say - don't give money they'll only spend it on drink and drugs. 

Not always the case ... this guy is an ex soldier who uses the money he's given to pay for a B & B over the weekends to get clean and sadly, to be safe.  When the government he fought for in Iraq and Afghanistan should be doing it.

... but I'm not getting started on that one ... or the idiots who thinks it acceptable to film themselves beating up the homeless ... 

Thanks again folks ... the next piece is going to be cheerful 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As promised something brighter ...

When you mess up a marble competition utilise what you've got 😁

Synthetic  ...all Paint.net

Synthetic-3.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

@welshblue...the necklace is just beautiful...each bead looks perfect!  Nice work on the setting, also!  <3

I'll pass on wearing it however...it looks like it would give me a severe neck strain!  (it looks sooo heavy! 😋)

• Like 1

Exceptional work! I had to remind myslef this was not real. I'm looking at it wondering how heavy it feels on & how the stand was held up :D Very pretty colours too.

• Like 1

@lynxster4 and @barbieq25 ... thank you both.  My wife said the same thing about the weight. 

Replying her neck holds the weight of her tongue - not the right answer. Uh uh.  Swearing on a Sunday shouldn't be allowed ... 

In hindsight I should have made the beads smaller, but the truth is - laziness.  Hence the name Synthetic and the floating bust to use artistic licence about weight.  It made sense in my head ... but then strange things do.

The colour - I toyed with this a lot and went for a combination of these two.  The bust was made using a happy accident using MJW's Object Rounder and a 24 bit Height Map

green-bead.png pink-bead.png

• Like 5

"Synthetic" is absolutely magnificent! I would wear the green version quite happily.

And give your son a hug from me. He's probably the only friend that man has.

• Like 1