welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Synthetic~ 02/02/2020

@ Helen ... I hope you're feeling better, so you wow us again with whatever you post :wink:

@ GoonFella and Storm' ... It was no problem - it was easier to upload the file than remember/explain - I'm glad you think it may help :? (The PDN file is open to anyone who may want it, just PM me)

The finished thing:

shipinabottle6.png

Full sized Ship's Wheel (Clicky):

th_shipswheel.png

wow 7,000 views

When I saw the finished image, I saw this picture in my head:

good-job-gold-ribbon.png

You've done an extraordinary job, Welshblue. I just don't have enough words to describe how good it is. :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(P.S. I'm feeling a lot better now and will probably post a simple drawing that I did while I was sick soon.)

Great job, but sharpen the ships wheel, it looks sort of blurry after resiziing. (hint - Sharpen+ ).

Congrats on the 7K views. :D

You just keep getting better and better lol..

Thanking you's Helen and LFC' (aka Eagle Eye :P ) for your kind, flattering words - The ships wheel was shrunk using ellipse instead of Rotate/ Zoom and you're right ... it's blurry :wink:

Something totally different, 2 abstracts , the second a re-work of the 1st:

th_newestabs2.png th_trophy.png

I like them both, I like the way all your abstracts look organised, well atleast a lot more then others, no offence oma... I like yours too.

@ Boude ... thanks, - maybe my abstracts are too organised to be true abstracts ? (Goes to look up definition of 'abstract' :) )

@ Helen ... thanks (again :wink: ) - festive? Lord I hate Christmas when it's officially here, they're just colours I like and blend modes that 'happened' :wink:

@ LFC' ... thanks mate, as above some of the textures were flukes by playing around but it's all the fun of learning :D

This next piece was inspired by the 'twisty' bit from the above abstracts.

th_darts4.png

Killer because it killed my eyes doing the dartboard; and Killer is also a variation of darts I like playing.

I'm not sure which dart colour to keep ... and want to re-make the flights, any other CC/ advice much appreciated

Well, there's one thing I don't like about it. Hold on tight.........

It looks so real, that I was actually looking for some darts to throw at that dartboard. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

As always, Welshblue, I really, really, triple really, quadruple really adore it! Gosh, you'll become a realistic PDNner some day. Your work is astounding!!! :wink:

This is epic stuff welshblue. Looks really real. Love the subtle texture on the yellow parts. The darts look awesome too. Why are some parts of the darts blurry though? Unless its supposed to be blurry, for example to create some depth, blurry objects = No. =P

The shadows seem off too. They're too flat. Use displacement so the shadow is distorted to fit the white ridges.

Epic stuff though. KIU man. =)

Thanks Helen ... there's nothing like an ego massage to ease a hangover :P :wink:

And thanks too LFC' ... as usual you've hit the nail on the head :wink:

This is just the 1st draft and I've made some new darts but I'll try your way with the shadows

... I think I'd stared at the image so long I couldn't see the faults :shock: :wink:

Thanking you's Helen and LFC' (aka Eagle Eye :P ) for your kind, flattering words - The ships wheel was shrunk using ellipse instead of Rotate/ Zoom and you're right ... it's blurry :wink:

Something totally different, 2 abstracts , the second a re-work of the 1st:

th_newestabs2.png th_trophy.png

This is so freaking cool! I really like your art work on this one. That give me an idea for how to make the sword for my pic! :!: :idea: :!:

Thanks Helen ... there's nothing like an ego massage to ease a hangover :P :wink:

And thanks too LFC' ... as usual you've hit the nail on the head :wink:

This is just the 1st draft and I've made some new darts but I'll try your way with the shadows

... I think I'd stared at the image so long I couldn't see the faults :shock: :wink:

:lol: Be careful of staring at the monitor. That's why I wear glasses. I'm near-sighted. :lol: BTW, nice work on your dart board. It had been ages since I first played it in my teen.

Thanks Storm' ... I'm glad the abstracts inspired you for the sword (judging by your gallery a lot of people want to see it finished :lol: )

For some reason I can't get the motivation to finish off the board and darts today, so I did something that didn't take any thought ...

newestabs55.png

It's really nice and the colors are soothing. It's kind of cool how the lines have striations on them and the background is neat, too. :P

Thanks Storm' ... I'm glad the abstracts inspired you for the sword (judging by your gallery a lot of people want to see it finished :lol: )

For some reason I can't get the motivation to finish off the board and darts today, so I did something that didn't take any thought ...

newestabs55.png

Welshblue, I'm gonna work on it as soon as I'm done posting responses. And nice work there! It's so cool.

Thanks Helen, WHM Spuff and Storm'. It was a slight cheat by using a texture I made for the darts but it's worked out quite well.

(It must be OK for a friend of mine to take a copy to frame for their conservatory :D)

The dart one I'm struggling to finish; so on my daughters suggestion of making a dart board from different coloured wood ...

darts5.png

Looking at the preview, I don't think I like it :?

I like the colors of the dartboad that you did before. I also think that you seriously have to stop making these images.....

I thought my computer was pierced with three beautiful and splendid, realistic-looking darts. :lol::lol:

All I've got say again, is that your work is fantastically awesome, that I sometimes wonder if you're human. I think the same about Oma. I think you two are humanoids with superhuman powers. :wink:

I am just curious as why the numbers' placement seem off to me. They seem too close to the edge and almost blending with the edge of the dart board. A suggestion: make the dart board thicker to give it the appearance that it is resting on the table. Perhaps Outline (pyrochild's) would work best. Just a thought.

@ Storm' ... that was my daughter hijacking the file and getting excessive with Rotate/Zoom. Not so bad, but then she didn't save the PDN file for the wooden effect dartboard I'd made.

But worse things happen at sea, as the saying goes :|

@ Helen ... Thanks ... I'm about a third way through writing a tutorial for the darts. It's hard work trying to be concise :?

And yep, I'm only human, unlike that mouse you drew :shock: I thought that is close to being in your Top 5 best images

The following image is done to commemorate St. David's Day. I tried to make daffodils but they looked like they'd been grown next to a nuclear power station :lol:

Celtic Cross #154

celticcross44.png

......*silence*.....*silence*....I just don't have enough words to describe how beautiful and fantastic your image looks. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I mean the gem inside the cross, the reflection and the wooden chest (is that what you call it?) are splendid!!!!! The background is a killer (in a good way), too! :P

EDIT: My work?! Your work is three gazillion times better than mine. :wink:

Thanks for the compliments about the image Helen, coming from someone as talented as yourself it's the inspiration I need to add a chain coming from the cross (a fiddly job) and maybe try and perfect the daffodils that were meant to be at the bottom. :?

... or take away the background and make a free standing cross with a chain and matching ring?

Thanks again. :wink: :D

BTW ... me 3 gazillion times better ? I don't think so ...

This piece is great, especially the cross. Love the colours, and idea. =)

Great job on the gems inside the cross too, they look embedded which is cool.

To me, perspective seems a bit off though.. i dunno how to fix it, dont think its possible without doing the whole piece again.

Thanks Storm' and LFC', the more I look at that the more I'm chuffed with it. And the best thing is, it's all PDN apart from the trees.

( LFC' ... I must admit I expected you to pick up on the lines of the cross being tooo thick :P)

Some random pieces I've started in the past and finished recently, when I've needed a break from a large WIP I'm doing ( which will hopefully be finished soon :? )

Glass Flower

Glassflower.png

Some textures that 'evolved'

th_roughwood.png th_roughwood2.png th_roughwood3.png