welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

Oooh...that's very nice! I love the glass panels and having less of the face showing--like they're not so close together. Background's great, too. My youngest sister's name is Alice, so this was very close to me.

(found myself being just a critic and not critiquing just now ............)

The glass panels aren't working for me. Not sure how to explain it though. Never paid much attention to this song from her before this. Thanks for that as I'm a huge fan of rabbit holes.

Its good work WB, just not sure it came together or I've got too much grief etc going on right now to be more creative in the feedback.

Woah! I love the glass panels! The metal & the curve on the glass is fabulous as is the strips of the face showing. A very emotive piece. I watched Alice in Wonderland for the first time on TV on Saturday. I really enjoyed it.

The only thing that I don't feel entirely comfortable with is the woman in the centre. I find it powerfully confronting. Then I think what the image might be like if it was only the panels on a black background but then, I love the shape & colours on the left background. I have to agree that Stevie is a timeless beauty & her voice is eternal & unique. You have to listen to the music as you view this people...

Welshy, this is by far the most emotive image I have seen from you & I am pleased that I played a small part in inspiring you. Well done!

I like how you have composed Alice,not giving the full image away at any point.This for me holds a nice mysterious feel making you take in the whole image slowly not to miss anything.Nice one!

@ Rock'n'Roll ... many thanks. The concept is all thanks to BarbieQ' ... great tuts are always so versatile

@ Red O' ... many thanks. Stunning is a nice word to see Thanks for the link. In my ignorance I'd never heard of Rene Magritte ... but I'm so glad you introduced me to his work. Image what he'd have done with a digital camera and PDN ...

@ Helen ... many thanks. As I said to R & R above ... all thanks to BarbieQ'. Plus your influence, plus the influence of so many others

@ Del' ... be as critical as you like mate. The fact you've taken the time to peruse and comment is appreciated and taken on board. I can see how the panels don't work for some. Or the whole thing for others. It's all about the interpretation of my mind. Not always an easy thing to do. I speak from experience

easy thing to do myself let alone expecting others to !!

@ BarbieQ' ... many thanks. I see what you mean about the image of Stevie in the centre, she is a bit scary. I think it's the way she's offset a bit ?

I tried to convey this part of the song: Like Alice through the Looking Glass...

She used to know who she was

Call out my name (like Alice through the Looking Glass)

But I get no answer (she used to know who she was)

And she prays for the world that she comes from

... It finished up more sinister rather than surreal. It was a shock to me too -- me being macabre

@ Dug ... many thanks mate, glad you enjoyed it

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trojan Misconception ... Inspired by an article in a newspaper that classed all skinheads as neo-nazis ... the Doc Marten boots, Harrington and or a Flying jacket and Levis jeans variety ...

Total Ballacks. The 1st Skins in Britain in the 60's were massive fans of Rocksteady, Ska and 2Tone. Hardly the music of choice if you're governed by skin colour

Paraphrasing the great Dawn Penn - No no no You can never know someone so Never judge a book by it's cover now ...

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Okay. One, two, three, four...five stars. I just wanted to make sure. Your work deserves all of them. Stunning design around the person and his body makes the image have a strong meaning.

Trojan Misconception ... Inspired by an article in a newspaper that classed all skinheads as neo-nazis ... the Doc Marten boots, Harrington and or a Flying jacket and Levis jeans variety ...

Total Ballacks. The 1st Skins in Britain in the 60's were massive fans of Rocksteady, Ska and 2Tone. Hardly the music of choice if you're governed by skin colour

Paraphrasing the great Dawn Penn - No no no You can never know someone so Never judge a book by it's cover now ...

Nicely done, Welsh! As someone who used to have a shaved head, I can vouch for your assertion that labeling all skinheads as neo-nazis is quite ridiculous.

I love the composition on Trojan Misconception. There's definitely a mood of sadness--almost despair--at being saddled with a label one doesn't want, based solely on their appearance.

Out of curiosity, what's the font you used and where can I find it?

Stereotyping - makes one bone weary but it helps us to make sense of the world from a psychological perspective. Reminds me also of the movie Trainspotting. Sad & disturbing. Skinheads - I like the look & I understand the anger but abhor racism, intolerance & violence.

A great image that is very thought provoking.

@ Helen, RedBeard, BarbieQ', R & R and Dug ... huge thanks.

I hate 'Labels' ... so to see artists such as yourselves 'getting it' ... is an extra buzz after making it

Plus the time spent listening to some great music makes it more than worth it. Many thanks

----------------------------------------

PostMental Modernism. I'm not really sure what it is, except the result of playing around with Textured Shapes, Trail, Shape3D and Kaleidoscope. Not necessarily always in that order of plug-ins ...

What a fabulous image! I like the shapes & the glass centre too. I really had a hard time convincing myself this was not a real sculpture. Well done Welshy - it really is fabulous!

I was pleasantly surprised (actually, really surprised) when I saw this image. It's top-notch work. The gradients and the way you positioned everything is incredibly impressive!

Yes I agree,very nice work and a great choice of music,I am an avid fan of Stevie and now your pic,lol. :)

Oh and nice video too. ;)

Edited by skullbonz

@ BarbieQ' , Helen, skullbonz and Aislin .. many, many thanks.

Aislin it's great to see you back on-line :InkSketchEffect:

WOW! What a great image. 4 years - time really flies. I am really glad you are still here & pushing the boundaries.

I would love this sitting on my desk. That is a cute yet menacing robotic bird. Gotta love the name too. You are too funny!

Such a great mix of hard & soft textures & so much to see in it. Great work!

I agree - good to have Aislin back online.

You know, Welsh, this would make a very great gift for just about anyone. We had my brother's coworker come over our house for dinner a few years ago (both her and her husband were an elderly couple). So, she brought in a metallic statue of an owl that she made herself. It was so beautiful. I've never seen anything like it. When I saw your abstract, that's what it immediately reminded me of. It's beautiful. I'd like to have one of these, as well.

Two brilliant pieces, as everyone is saying sculptures.You have got the perspective,shading and tones just right,giving that solid 3D effect.As BBQ.said your still pushing the boundaries.Excellent work.

I was hoping in the time I had been away you might have gone a bit crappy.................................no such luck LOL. I really like the two pieces 'Trojan' and 'Alice' just because for me they are so different to what you normally do and inparticular I am really digging your sig and avvy combo. Your other pics 'modern art' and 'postmental' are typical welshy ( mindblowing and awe inspiring ) if there is such a thing. ;) I can see an award or two coming your way this year.

@ BarbieQ', Helen, Dug, R & R and Minners' ... a huge thanks for your comments

@ BarbieQ' ... Yep 4 years ... where has the time gone ??

This must be one helluva programme to capture my imagination for so long - plus it's a great way to unwind.

"Cute and menacing " ... it must be a self-portrait :P

@ Helen ... one day I'd love to have the money/ room and time to be able to have loads of metals to make sculptures. Something tangible. Until then, I'm chuffed you like the next best thing :mrred:

@ Dug ... thanks mate. It's a bit 3D but also a bit 'flat' in places ... my excuse is ... - I like weird ... not forgetting experimentation :BlendingOverwrite:

@ R & R ... many thanks. Maybe one day I can repay your support with the 'real thing' ... but don't hold your breath or you might turn blue :tardII:

@ Minners' ... good to see you mate.

I'll be here until my time is up. Who needs to trawl through facelessbook or tw@ter when there's so many much more exciting things to do or view with PDN ?

Glad you enjoyed Trojan. I had an awesome time listening to some great music as I made it :rainbow:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailing Out ... attempting a space scene.

I hate the doors. Or possibly lack of them :unimpressed:

Any pointers to breaking up the squareness of the 'hole' appreciated