welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

Tsk, guys! Welshy listens to music while he works so you'd have to listen carefully for the cursing & then most likely it'd be in Welsh because the words fit better in your native tongue. :lol::P:music:

Well at least that's one crew member I dont need to hire then ... Soundtrack will be included. :mrgreen: Wait, nope, now I need to hire an interpreter for the subtitles ... :D

Speaking of which, I'm trying to find some music right now and went down the "OMG, what is that?" playlist path. Nothing seems to flow today at all ... Of course, that's what happens when your neighbors start your day off poorly ... =O

It's almost as if I'm not in the room ...

Guilty as charged in all the nasturtiums on my character when playing with PDN. It's costing me a fortune in fines with a bilingual identity

... the latest inspired by NiteNurse's take on the torus tut' ...

• Upvote 1

I like the latest (cats in the cradle) particularly - great swirly shapes and believably 3 dimensional, convincing 'pearl'. Reminds me a bit of Yves Tanguy's 'theory of nets' - think that's the name? - am I getting pretentious? :lol:

Keep up the good work mate!

@RO: I wouldn't call that pretentious ... Though you might want to link to wiki or somewhere for other people to get in on what you're talking about. ;)

@WB: First word that came to mind: Jealousy. Yup. Simple, plain, raw, jealousy. Without ripping it apart from my internal angst, I'll just say I found it simply brilliant and captivating. Not too dark, has all sorts of nice elements and evokes imagination.

(Now that may have been a little pretentious, but I'd rather just blurt out what's on my mind more or less ...)

I cannot say what I first said when I saw it but it means good beyond belief in a single word!

I love the broodiness to this piece...dark & yet bright at the same time. Definitely atmospheric, moody. Powerful. The colours work really well for me & the shapes too.

In particular my eye is drawn to the circle just behind the sphere & the fire on the right too. A fantastic work!

This is such an amazing abstract. The way the design flows naturally like that is stunning. The sphere, oh my goodness, it steals words from my mouth. Beautiful work. Oh, and great colors, too.

Many thanks Red', Del', 'Howler, BarbieQ and Helen. This could be a style I completely overwork ... the blue version I forgot to link to:

th_catinthecradle.jpg

... off to google Yves Tanguy ;)

Adore the blue version even more! Ok - now I gotta go google too!

EDIT: Yves Tanguy + theory of nets yield this post! How cool is that! Sorry but I like Welshy's work better. Not as stark or bleak (likely representing the mood/lifestyle of the artist?

Edited by barbieq25

I have to admit, I am a little jealous of your skills, Welsh. However, seeing your work also motivates me to become better at using Paint.NET, striving to attain your level of expertise. You are a true artist, my good sir, and I always look forward to seeing more from you!

• Upvote 1

@ BarbieQ' and Helen ... many thanks. I think I prefer the 'blue' version too. Seems a bit more life in it ;)

@ RedBeard ... many, many thanks. No need to be jealous my friend, you're at a far greater eye-candy stage with your work, than I was in corresponding time/ experience.

The best advice I can give is Perseverance & Experimentation. After a while the functions of plug-ins just naturally flow into the work ... without them I'd still be drawing stick men ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

Anomaly ... the title speaks for itself when you see the colour ... (Torus tut, some Polar Transformation and Sine Waves)

Nice!  "Anomaly" is very cool!  I absolutely love your abstract sensibilities, Welsh!  Your use of lighting, color and patterns just works.  How did you achieve that "corduroy"(for lack of a better description) texture on the sine wave?  I like how it looks like the wheel is traveling along the wave. 

Edited by RedBeard

Nice! "Anomaly" is very cool! I absolutely love your abstract sensibilities, Welsh! Your use of lighting, color and patterns just works. How did you achieve that "corduroy"(for lack of a better description) texture on the sine wave? I like how it looks like the wheel is traveling along the wave.

Glass block stretched WB? Curious about that blending in there for the aforementioned corduroy ... Several ways to get to Rome on that but would be nice to know what some of the transforms may have been in the mix if you recall.

I like the logo impression it gives. Sort of like an Art Deco soda ad for Coca Cola or Pepsi merged together. Sure the base colors aren't there, but take the predominant blue and red blended and you get purples ... Maybe my head is wandering too much on it. Or maybe my sweet tooth is getting the better of me with the cooler weather. Darn genetic instincts to calorie load this time of year a real pain ...

Wow! What an amazing background - I love the softness of it compared to the hardness of the foreground. pretty colour too - pink. (unconditional love) The bit n the cnetre of the circle is really way cool! Lovely image, Welshy.

Oh my gosh, Welsh! The pinks and the purples are just so eye-catching and the offsetting white. Oh. It don't think it can get any better than this. I love the effortless background design and swirls. The circle just makes it all complete. Great work, once again!

Many thanks Red' , Del' barbieQ' and Helen ...  I've got to admit to not being a huge lover of pink, but weirdly there's something quite soothing about using/playing with it.  My feminine side ?  

A quick how to for Red' and Del ... In the centre of the Anomaly curves I added a layer of the metal curves and set it to Overlay, but hopefully you can get the jist from this ? :

th_redsquiggle.jpg

I'll give it a whirl, Welsh. Many thanks!

You're welcome mate. If we can't help each other out then it's a sad world.

Plus it helped me to make Ups and Downs ;)

Fizz also made using the torus technique ... thanks to SargonIII aka YellowMan for pointing out lack of Radial Blur in some of the layers. Now he's mentioned it I'll have to re-visit it because it's obvious in the layers that have had Point Warp applied B)

I stared at both "Ups and Downs" and "Fizz" in wonder. Very pretty. The heart one reminds me of music, if it were put in pictures, it'd look something like it. So beautiful.

I love the Ups & Downs! It is soft & Helen is right too - if a picture had to say music - this would be it. Soft & pretty. The trajectory of the heart says a lot. A similar band in the background to show other loves & patches of dark & light. A very atmospheric & emotive image. The heart itself with the colours & texture reminds me much more of a literal heart too. Well done!

Welsh, again you amaze me. How long have you been using PDN, if you don't mind my asking? I need to gauge how long it's going to take me to get to your level of expertise. :D

As always, your work is impeccable. I'm not seeing the issues that Yellowman pointed out. Then again, maybe my eyes just aren't as trained as his. I still haven't learned what all the plugins do, so I'm as yet largely unaware of what to look for as far as critiques go. At any rate, your artwork is quite original and a wonder to look at.

Ups and Downs is wonderful. It's definitely moody and speaks to the viewer on an emotional level, which is the hallmark of any great art.

Fizz is great, too. The background puts me in mind of red blood cells (kind of creepy, I know, but what can I do?), and there's definitely a sense of liquid movement around the static soda can (that's what it looks like to me anyway).

Both very strong pieces and worthy additions to a phenomenal body of work. Keep 'em coming, Welsh.

Amazing as usual.The colours,textures and blends so subtle so compatible, I love the way you put them all together to create such great images.An art in itself.Brilliant.

@ Helen ... Many Thanks. Now you've said it ... I can see music.

This is why I love feedback ... not just to improve, but to be inspired to see another image out of the same file sometimes.

@ BarbieQ' ... Many Thanks. The heart was moved all over the canvas and the only place that seemed 'right' was there. Nice to get confirmation it looks ok

I must admit this is in my fave top 10 of my own works.

@ Dug ... Many Thanks mate. You're a gent ... always a pleasure to see you pop in, especially when you update the journey through your mind :wink:

@ RedB' ... Many Thanks.

There are a few jaggies in Fizz. It could have been a lot smoother if I'd been more conscientious with the Radial Blur with some of the discs and I thought I'd gotten away with it until YM put me straight ...

Nothing wrong with blood ... I like the macabre, so not creepy at all

In April I've been using PDN for 4 years (... where the fecking hell has the time gone ...) I originally downloaded it to edit some photos to have something to do whilst recuperating after an accident - then I got addicted to trying to create things inspired by artists here and 4 years later I haven't really edited many photos but have used 3.89 Gb consisting of 761 Files in 31 Folders. That's from 20th October 2009 ... plus the couple of Cd's from before that.

That sounds pretty sad ...

We're all different so time isn't necessarily a good point of reference.

Your aptitude for the programme far surpasses my early efforts in the corresponding gallery opening times. 2 examples - The sword and your current sig. Then there's the cloning image ... no way I could have done that just a few months in. That also shows your natural artistic ability.

I've been lucky in the help I received from Oma, Ash and LFC4EVER in the beginning; plus the support of a lot of good people over the years. With loads of sage advice how/what to improve. Tut writers are invaluable because they open your eyes to a lot of methods, Plug-In authors more so because they make things possible. Plus there's the programme itself ... if I can get to grips with it - anyone can. Rick should get the Nobel Peace Prize ... many a time I've been stressed by something or someone and after a few clicks it doesn't seem so bad. Granted sometimes it takes a lot of clicks ...

I'm 45 - Apart from the odd wreckage or 2 every couple of months or so - I've done my partying/ experimental/ stupid days and nights. Got too many T-Shirts and Posters in my head as souvenirs ...

Now I'd rather invest the brain-cells into something productive and something I'm happy with. If only to wish my old art teacher a few words: FAIL

.... the upshot is I hope to be still here in another 4 years. Who knows what will be possible with PDN by then ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oDD 1 Out ... more torus inspired work.

Information HighWay ... I liked it so I kept it ...

Edited by welshblue

Information Highway is pretty neato. I am glad you kept this one. Fits the name or name fits the image. Either way, I really like it a lot.

Odd One Out is so textury! Agate is what the lighter coloured ones remind me of & the coloured one I don't know but I want to feel it. Maybe it is a lamp? I like the background too. Lovely works!