welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

:lol: I never thought of it being a bell ... t'was meant to be a lil' wooden bust :lol:

But you can call it whatever, if you like it :D

My LAOTW entry: Memory

th_memory.png

Stock:

Click

LOL! great piece. what's the bammer hammer for LOL!

BoltBait in miniture wood sculpture. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh that is too precious for words.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

ciao OMA

Everytime I look at the piece now, I see a bell :? So I think I'll change it to glass.

:wink: Thanks Helen, I think that'll enhance the image better :D

OMA ... the banner hammer is a croquette mallet ... or was :lol:

@ least you've both recognised BoltBait :D

Sorry, Welshblue. That's what I saw, though. I think you should keep it that way because it makes sense with the rest of the image. It has this country style to it. If you want to make it into glass, that would be even cooler. I'd love it that way, too.

Thanks pipp92

... there's a LOT I need to do and even more to learn. :(:)

There's always a lot everyone can learn. ;)

You have a lot of stuff here, all of a really quite nice quality, and what I like is you seem to have developed your own style. You're current sig is really nice though, brilliant colour choice.

Thanks Survulus, I'm pleased with how my sig turned, especially with it PDN.

My style ? After only 9 months of attempting art it's still pretty much Click and if I like it, it stays ... if not Undo - Undo :D

This is finally finished. Lord knows how many layers but it was worth it ?

Many thanks to BoltBait and Helen for the permission to use the 2 faces.

Whittlin' Man

th_whittlingman.png

Sort of inspired by Stephen Lynch and the song Whittlin' Man http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5YeT6K7O0ks

Great textures! Great piece! Great something.. i'm lost for words lol

Your wood textures are really really good. My only critique is that i can see you flipped the texture in some places, and its mirrored, making it seem a bit wierd.

Wow.....that's just so....fantastic. I love how you incorporated Boltbait's avatar and my image of the girl I drew in one piece. I think that this is a great, awesome, super, and just FABULOUS! Nice job, Welshblue. :) :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :shock: :o :o :o :o :o :shock:

Thanks Janettsue, Helen and LFC4Ever :D

Helen, it looks good because of how well the original images of the faces were done :wink:

LFC' ... weird ? something I do ? never :lol:

I don't think the background works with it and there are some stray layers I forgot to delete before flattening parts of it ... I rushed it because for the next few months my PDN time is going to be limited, so I wanted to get the bigger WIPs out of the way.

I'm glad you's all enjoyed it, it's like being back in school and getting praise from the teacher :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: Welshblue, I can't find enough words to say how beautiful this image is. You're really good with PDN and you're just awesome!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks oma, Helen and Kemaru, your kind words are always appreciated :oops:

I'm pleased with it (a compilation of past images helps when inspiration is low :wink: ); when I mess around with the numbers a bit to get them more 'painty' looking, it may be the 1st piece I've done that I actually print out and frame :)

Just seeing how far I can take a home-made wood texture ... (it started out to be honey ... and may still be one day)

Amber Gambler

th_ambergambler.png

Thanks Kemaru. Real amber is a bit more transparent but it'll do for my daughters homework project. (or until I'm stuck for ideas and open the file again )

Some subtle changes whiles there's krap on TV:

th_ambergambler2.png

Thanks HELEN. It's quite scary the stuff that springs from my mind :shock: :D

I'm stuck for fresh, unique ideas so I'm thinking of getting rid of the Amber then maybe animating the base and background to a sort of shimmery thing ? Or try a wood texture turning the amber into tree/wood sap ?

... Or go and watch Match of The Day on TV :)

If you could do that it would be awesome. You can always make it simpler and make the insect move from the inside. I like the way it looks already. Believe me, I think it's an wonderful piece of artwork!

I was thinking of making an animated waterfall

th_waterfall.png sort of like this (just got to make the frames) but I like the idea of a manic bug trying to escape after 000's of years :lol:

Hopefully I can do both

I think an animated waterfall was a bit ambitious :? :lol:

My head is spinning after I've gotten this far:

th_waterfallgif.png

I had to cheat and use a Stock Image . It may get animated - it all depends on time available and my capabilities :D

A pear from oma's Pear Tutorial

th_pear.png

That waterfall is amazing! Yes... most animations take f o r e v e r. The one thing I would fix are the rocks in the front - they don't quite blend. Other than that - especially with those water effects - this is a great picture.

Oh - and your pear looks awesome! (I hadn't even realized oma wrote a tut :oops: ) it has very nice and clean edges, which are probably one of the hard parts. And the shading itself is well done also.