welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

:shock: :shock: Wow! :o :o This is just awesome! I can't believe that this can be done in PDN. You're always getting better and better. Nice job on this glass head (head case). It looks so mysterious, so beautiful, and so real. Fantastic job once again, Welshblue!

:shock: :shock: Wow! :o :o This is just awesome! I can't believe that this can be done in PDN. You're always getting better and better. Nice job on this glass head (head case). It looks so mysterious, so beautiful, and so real. Fantastic job once again, Welshblue!

Thanks Helen ... yep it can be done in PDN ... it just numbs your brain after a while. I remember reading on Ash's chrome tut about, "thinking outside the box" so I try to do that with most things on here. I dunno about getting better 'n' better, my work still isn't as clean and crisp as most on here. Mysterious, beautiful and real ? My daughter says, "It's freaky" :lol:

Thanks Jannettsue ... I've started making a step by step of both stars, I'll PM them to you tommorrow night :)

Thanks Goonfella, I'm glad you like them, I will do a tut, but it's a case of finding the shortest route and less distorts :roll:

2 Abstracts for you to hopefully enjoy:th_squares2abstract.png th_woodsquares.png

I love the abstracts. Awesome job on those, too. I love the colors you chose because it makes it look so festive, maybe? I added som new glossies on my page, just in case you wanted to visit. :wink:

I see what you mean about 'festive' in the 2nd one. Not intentionally :) (Maybe sub-consciously I'm not such a Scrooge ? :lol: )

Mr. DarkSide is a tangent from when I got fed up trying to smudge an ear onto Mr. HeadCase.

My #1 critic says it's Spooky but cool, so I'll post it and risk public outrage ...

Mr. DarkSide

mrdarkside.png

I shouldn't have clicked the the "show" link. You scared the bajeebers out of me. lol. I like it that way and it reminds me of a very spooky movie for some reason. Hmmm...I don't know why. :lol:

Ahhh yeh. I never thought of it scaring people when they click the un-hide button. Sorry :oops:

I did it that way because of it being a FFF ... and blood (allegedly)

Maybe I've made looking at my stuff, an even more traumatic experience :lol:

(It was going to be called Mr. HeadShot ... good job I didn't :twisted:

I've unhidden it anyways.

Kind of you to say Helen, but hopefully one day :roll:

I'm trying to get the 'glass' look right but it's just not happening. I guess sometimes you can try too hard, and then it's best to close the file and leave it for a while :?:

nice new abstracts you've been posting lately. nice and glossy.

That glass is so hard to acheive. Its a real elusive thing. your color combinations have to be just so, refractions and reflections just so...the amount of transparency...and combination of blendmodes etc etc. and just when you think you've a winning formula the next picture attempt turns out to be a different combo of all of the above. :wink: I've been trying for a year to get a definite set of steps but its still by instinct for me...

ciao OMA

Welshblue, why won't you just use the Bevel plugin (which I'm pretty sure you use already) and then add lines where you want the details and then gaussian blur them.

Here's an example I worked on a while ago:

Hidden Content:
glass.png

Thanks ZizOiz ... don't ya mean perfectly, perfected :lol: (Most definitely a joke)

@ Helen ... How can you tell Bevel Selection is one of my favourite plug - ins :P

But it's like oma says, the refractions, reflections etc are so hard to re-create from one piece to the next.

Crystal cut glass is my ambition :D ... and so far I can make half a wine glass or tumbler.

This next piece is inspired by jerkfight's thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=28299 and oma's reply. I was listening to the radio and I had to 're-create' the next song played. Which turned out to be a song I've never liked ... Terence Trent D'arby and Wishing Well

Version 1

th_wishingwell3.png Version 2 th_wishingwell44.png

Version 2 includes Madjik's Bubble Tutorial

BTW ... the Euro is a stock image ... AND no wood :lol:

Wishing Well has been put on the back burner while I add some mermaids. If I get around to it.

Wood Carving WIP

th_woodcarving.png

that latest one of wood carving is coming along real nicely. It"s seeming to float a bit above the ground but when you add in your shadows it should help anchor it.

I especially like the sky portion, what did you do there its seems almost like a varnish brush was swiped over the top of your painting. Is that an application of a fragmented blur?

ciao OMA

I love your 'Wishing Well.' I think that it's coming out really nice and the wood carving is so splendid and beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished 'Wishing Well.' :D

Thanks OMA. I'm quite pleased with how wood carving is turning out, if I've got time later I'll do some more on it and post an update.

The sky did have some fragment in it ... it doesn't anymore because I made changes and didn't undo them. :roll: So at the moment there isn't any sky :cry:

Thanks Helen ... Wishing Well 3

th_wishingwell3.png

Stock:Click

I love it, Welshblue! Perfect manipulation of the mermaid image. Your PDN ability is just amazing! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I love it, Welshblue! Perfect manipulation of the mermaid image. Your PDN ability is just amazing! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks Helen, but the real credit has to go to the power of Layers and Blend Modes and of course the artist of the stock ... and a lot of luck :D

I'm glad you liked it.

Thanks Storm.Shadow, I'm glad you enjoyed your look around :)

Wood Carving update. Original scenery (taken by my daughter) until I can remember how I got that 'varnished' look :?

th_woodcarving2.png

Need to feather, Alpha Mask (yep I'm finally gonna use it :wink: ) shadow/shade etc etc

:shock: I've got to say again that this piece is magnificent! :o I'm glad you're going to use the alpha mask. I have the idea and I tried it out already.

Keep up the awesome work!

Magnificient ? Wow I'll take those kind words :D :oops: Thanks Helen

The almost finished item. Just lots of tidying up now and maybe some barbed wire.

th_woodcarving4.png

Oh my....! Is that a bell in shape of BoltBait? (It looks like it) You have the most clever ideas. I really like it! So breath-taking!