welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

Hehe nice! I really like her hair

I'll take that as a compliment as the only thing I know about hair is running a shaver over my head :wink:

2 pictures using the Waterdrop tut in different ways, and one with the stone texture tut (Bloopers way ... although they're all good ways)

Acid Rain

th_waterdrop.png

TorchLight

torchlight.png

PLEASE give us an Tutorial of your TorchLight Texture :D

It's fabulous!

Thanks Frozen_byte.

I can't take too much credit because the tuts' are already out there. :wink:

Quoting Blooper from this thread Click

1) Clouds - Defaults.2) Height field to normal (viewtopic.php?t=2973).

3) Black and white.4) Add new layer. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 in order.

5) Set blending mode to screen. Flatten.6) Brightness/Contrast: -30-40/0

7) Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 in order.

I followed steps 1,2,3,4 but used the Sepia 2 in Adjustments instead of black and white on the 2nd layer. Then messed around with the blending modes and opacity.

For the lights I used the WaterDrop tut' ( Sorry, can't remember where it is in the new look boards :? ) - I made one big 'drop' and kept a duplicated layer of it to use for different layers, blending modes, opacity and just general messing around. Blur etc.

Hope that helps and thanks to the people who helped me make TorchLight :wink:

Thanks Helen. Sometimes I just like to make 'simple' things instead of the O.T.T. things I post now and again.

:? Most of which usually start out as something else :wink: :)

Interesting outcome Frozen_byte. Maybe group your 'torch lights' closer together.

I guess the method - with a few tweaks, could be interesting. I'm going to try and create different types of tree bark with it.

BTW, not wishing to offend here, but do you mind changing your image size to a clickable thumbnail ? ( I' ll be changing old pics to thumbnails when I get time)

Cheers

Thanks for resizing your image Frozen_byte :)

Messing around using the same texture for the rocks and grass

th_scenicviewandframe.png

...it's just a WIP at the moment. Anyone think it's worth taking it further ?

Losing the frame isn't a problem.

That is just way cool. 8) 8) 8) Maybe you can add one more "rock" right in the front of your image; it's to show perception. Otherwise, it looks great the way it is. I kind of see a rainbow behind those rocks and maybe some clouds. By the way, I added one more image in my gallery. Hope you'll visit. :)

Thanks Helen and Oma.

I've a few thoughts to take it a bit further and I like the idea of a rainbow Helen.

The frame is one I made a while ago. I know I used this tut for the wood Wood Tut' If I remember correctly, I used Frosted Glass on the top gradient before merging.

Then it was a case of making the four 'runners' ( using different blend modes and glow/soften portrait in Effects>>>Photo) Then adding four lines for the 'mitred' look. There's some Selection>>>Bevel in there and I'm not sure what else :?

Hope that helps Oma.

Following on from oma's suggestion about this in the BoltBait avatar competition:

boltbaitavatar.png

I'll make a newer, tidier version (maybe with disco lights?) when I've got time.

And that may be sooner rather than later 'cos I'm late for work because of messing around with this :roll:

I'm glad you like him oma and Helen ... if something I post puts a smile on just one persons face then it's been worth it :)

New, improved dancing BoltBait

333.gif

... worryingly it looks better if you've got this music in the background :oops:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-UkTv8tVk

Thanks Helen. The dancing animation is just for fun ... I couldn't put up with an animated avatar so I wouldn't expect anyone else to. :wink: ( My favourite to win, is the Chuck Norris one)

All pdn apart from the dolphin.

The Pen-ultimate

th_properlandscape.png

Looking at that last image again, I don't like it. Tooo over done (again :wink: ) the original draft is better imo ?

th_betterlandscape.png

Fire Fight

th_firefight.png

... my daughter wants to learn to use pdn. This is our first piece together. She wanted paper burning. It's almost there :?

great job on the fire fight so far! :wink:

It doesn't look too real mainly because the edges are straight. If paper was burning the edges would be burnt and roughened up.

Oh my...goodness! :shock: :o :shock: :o The dolphin one is so great! I like the first one you made because it looks like you're viewing the scenery from a secret garden (I like both of them, don't worry). It's so mysterious and beautiful! The burning paper is just...Wow! Great job once again, Welshblue. (Check out my Christmas tree I made yesterday if you'd like.) :mrgreen:

great job on the fire fight so far! :wink:

It doesn't look too real mainly because the edges are straight. If paper was burning the edges would be burnt and roughened up.

Thanks LFC' ... you know that, I know that, but try, trying to persuade a 10yr old girl with attitude that :evil: (Actually our bonding time was quite stressful :))

But I will change the edges ... any suggestions for how to get the best look gratfully received.

Thanks Helen, adding the leaf 'window' has sort of, spoilt the view, if you know what I mean?

I'll upload the 800 * 600 version over the weekend, that one looks better because your eyes aren't drawn by any sort of foliage.

The burning paper ... LFC4Ever sums it up perfectly, something I want to improve on when I've made a copy of the pdn file, so I can play to my hearts content :wink:

After looking at the great sigs which are appearing on here lately, I've had another go at making an avatar/ sig combo. It doesn't look great but a few pointers would be appreciated.

sigavicombi.png

I like it. But you know what would look cool? For your avatar, have the letter 'W' kind of "etched" out instead of having the smaller initials. For your sig, just increase the font. Good luck!

thanks Helen, I'll have a go with what you suggest, but it may end up as looking totally different :wink:

But that's what makes each person's signature and avatar so unique, right? I can't wait to see it! :mrgreen:

... or you may scream and never look at my gallery again :shock: :wink:

Continuing my quest for the perfect wood look:

th_woodyetagain1.png th_woodyetagain2.png

From a nutshell:

th_inanutshell.png

(all clickable)