welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

Thanks No_Laces ( looks like you're counting down towards your 200th post now :wink: )

My last new work for a while ( I'm going to spend some time improving some old images)

Stock Image

LJXD's Grass Tutorial

Rasengan105's Planet Earth Tutorial

Swistak's Trace on Sand Tutorial (this went a bit wrong because I wasn't quite sure where to use the lasso tool :? )

Fallen Worlds

th_fallenworlds.jpg

I was going to enter this in LAOTW ... Science Fiction ... but it's not good enough yet.

Any suggestions how to improve Sheep In Space ?

It's a compilation of stuff I've done this past 2 months

th_keyhole336edit.jpg

Thanks janettsue ... sometimes I use tooo much colour and get carried away.

But it's all a learning curve and great fun.

And even if my attempts don't turn out great; it's just as pleasing to look at the great work on other peoples' galleries. :D

With some aimless 'doodling' the ... Headlight For A Concept Car ... was born :

th_headlight.png

Your artwork and techniques are great it's just that it seems you put a little too much stuff into your work. For example, "The Key Of Dreams", the first draft looked great, but when I saw the final draft I was a little dissapointed, because you made it look way too cluttered. Other than that your artwork is bright, colourful and inspiring.

I agree with everything you say flow55.

I do tend to get carried away with content ... I guess, sometimes less is best.

The Key of Dreams ... I rushed the second edit and it really shows. It's one of the projects I'm least happy with and want to improve ( most of them need doing :roll:)

Thanks for all the positive feedback and especially for the constructive critique (I'll just go and find a dark room to sulk in now :lol: )

Especially, thanks to all the people who have put so much time and effort into making Paint.net such a great, easy to use programme. (including plug-ins)

... when my wife divorces me for being on here every spare minute ... I'll still have PDN :twisted:

Trying to be more simplistic ... and finally having discovered Layer Rotate/Zoom :roll:

Shattered Dreams

th_shattereddreams.png

:? Should I just Edit my last post to put a new image up ?

After messing around with drakaan's wood grain tutorial and a week of computer trouble.

A new W.I.P./ Project is born :

*** I must add ... drakaan's wood tut was in no way to blame for my computer trouble !

Small word - HUGE meaning:

respect.jpg

... everything 100% PDN apart from the paintbrush (googled ... then PDN'd ! :|:D )

My favourite :D Very creative and looks nice

Thanks guys. The 2nd draft is finished now. I'm quite happy with how it's turned out ( even if my wife thinks the monitor looks more like a table - lamp :roll: ) the feather and ink pot are a sketch which I scanned and re-sizing hasn't really brought the best out of it :|

The chrome from Ash's tut Chrome is very effective though :D

Two Short Planks

woodenpc.png

Keltic Kross

th_KelticKross.png

th_eyencross.png

After my recent attempt at the LAOTW - Fire & Ice I've finally realised I can't draw :)

th_rust.jpg

... so I'm gonna practice my textures etc. An envelope and 3 buttony things :

recentworks.png

Trying to create wood effect text. (The background is a photo from my work)

woodtexture.jpg

Thank you ladies ... you've made my day :D

The only tut I used was This and changed from radial blur to the square one and added a bit of noise with jitter. Once I was happy with the grain, I typed each letter individually, positioning it over the part of the wood effect I wanted then inverting the wood effect to get the shape of the letter. Merge the 2 layers down, feather until you're happy and a lil' mess around with glow and soften in the photo menu. Add a bit of drop shadow and merge all letter together.

Then I duplicated the word Wood and embossed the bottom layer, before merging I messed with the blending modes. I'm not sure which (... but I do remember that overlay and glow gave a nice shiney glass effect)

I've missed a few steps out I think ... there may be some Bevel in there :? :roll: ... but definitely some Bulge ...

I hope that's some help

I think I'll try to replicate this using BoltBait's wonderful Feather Selection 8)

***Edit ... and I used LFC4Ever's Sparkle/Star tut but I can't find the link

After my recent attempt at the LAOTW - Fire & Ice I've finally realised I can't draw :)

th_rust.jpg

Not true :wink: ! I liked that and that's why I gave you my vote!

Thanks topezia ... but it's all thanks to the power of paint.net;it's excellent plug - in's and brilliant support forum.

Without it, I'd still be drawing match-stick men :)

Likewise my 'new texture' (The Oil-Rig is a Stock photograph):

Poor Attemt @ RUST.

th_rusttexture2.jpg

How can I make the rusted layer look more 'etched' into an object is baffling me :?

I didn't know how beautiful oil rigs are at night with all the lights.

Fot that etched rust look you ask about, just a thought but you might try a layer with ink sketch.

@ janettsue ... I was lucky that the 1st picture I used 'looked right' . Thanks for the tip about ink sketch but somehow I've deleted the pdn file :roll:

@ Helen ... Thanks. I think Wood is my best to date :?

My latest offering, just aimless clicking, messing around (and a lot of undo after trying things.)

Nothing In Particular

th_newestabstract.png

I know it's pretty bloody potato but it was quite therapeutic in a stressful week :wink: