welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

21 hours ago, Pixey said:

You certainly have a good memory.   

You'd think.  I drive people mad with how bad it is.  Including myself.  The other week I went for a doctors appointment, only to get there and realise that surgery closed 3 months ago.  My wife thinks I don't listen.  I do.  Just goes out of my head

Another good one (or bad) was this morning.  Talking to a neighbour while we defrosted our cars. I went out for 3 hours.  Came back ... "oh I've left the gate open" ... came through the gate ..." oh s+*t I left the door open too"  Not telling my wife that one.  I can imagine the lecture now

But Paint.net I remember almost everything step wise.  Sometimes like @HyReZ I'll take screenshots of settings.  Especially Texture Shader, a little bit out on that and it can never be the same as the original

Thanks RE: the galleria

Thanks too to @Drydareelin

Edited by welshblue

Split Personality

split-personality.png

A dry run of a T-Shirt design I'm working on for someone.  Based on this PS Tutorial Model  (I'll have to choose a different one for the final version ... needs a top of the head ?)

PlugIns: Grid Warp/ Alpha Mask/ Outline Object/ Inner Shadow/  Black + White + / Cross Processing/ Trail Blur

Really not sure about the colouring ?  Thoughts anyone. As I appreciated the great eye you's all have.  It will only printed on black Tee's

Or there's Sepia and then Lomography on a duplicated layer ?  Or Soften Portrait on the first one ?  ( the one I'm leaning towards)

split-personality-2.png split-personality-3.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 4

I like the first image's coloring the best, but ....... I would not have slanted Seattle so much to the right - just me being a neat freak though 🙄

• Like 1

I like number 3.  Number 2 may be too dark against a black tee.

Number 1 has more color but...I like the skin tone on 2 more...it has warmth to it. :)

@welshblue I re-read my comment. Doesn't make sense...I meant I like #3 more.

Edited by lynxster4
added clarification
  • Like 1

<3 @welshblue:trophy:

I've been away a few days. And you've created such beautiful entries again. :star:
Sweets and orange looks excellent. "Split Personality" the colored my favorit.

Thank you for sharing your result!  :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback @Pixey @lynxster4 and @Seerose (also thanks for the kind words)

I can see where you're coming from Pixey ... the Sears tower and Seattle - but I think it's Shanghai.  There won't be a city scape in the final version.

He wants the colouring/ look of the 3rd one but use a model with a 'fuller' face / rotate the half faces differently / 3 different versions ... one with a classic Mini Cooper S (preferably with a lighting pod) ... one with a motorbike and one with a mountain biker ...  protruding at the right angle to stick out from the face. 

All those liable to change knowing him

People say to me ... oh graphic design must be a lot easier than my old career in the Forestry industry.  Nope. 

This project alone is giving me more stress than decades of that.  People change their minds.  Trees don't. 

They might try to kill you sometimes but they don't change their minds once they're falling 🙄

Thanks @Eli for the like

For the Cooper S ... working along these lines until I can find a different model

cooper-s.png

Anyone know any good sites for stock images ?  Preferably royalty free 

Edited by welshblue

1 hour ago, welshblue said:

Anyone know any good sites for stock images ?  Preferably royalty free 

I have been a member of the Creative Commons since 2014.
I have contributed to this organization with both funding and images.
I have donated images through Pixabay.
Images by APMauldin aka "
HyReZ"
( I have also donated funds and images to the 
Wikimedia Commons.)

Here are links to image sources that are shared through the Creative Commons rules:
https://www.pexels.com
https://unsplash.com
https://pixabay.com

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 2

Thanks for the links @HyReZ .... pexels is a new one for me, and pixabay as I as mixing it up with PixelSquid.

iStock or Adobe Stock can get expensive when people change their minds on commercial projects, so extra choice is great.

Thanks again

@lynxster4 ... don't worry, I knew what you meant 😉👍

48 minutes ago, welshblue said:

... and pixabay as I as mixing it up with PixelSquid.

Thanks for the PixelSquid info.
The source sounded familiar but I was confusing it with
Turobsquid

I use to get 3D vector objects from Turbosquid for rendering in Deep Exploration and iClone.
Some of the 3D objects also work in Blender.

Edited by HyReZ
inserting additional information

On 12/3/2019 at 9:43 AM, HyReZ said:

Turbosquid 

I find it a great resource for reference images of objects you can't physically get in front of you.  Lighting/ shading ... different perspectives.

There are some seriously good artists on there. Their renderings are truly fantastic and must admit, make me jealous of their skill

My deepest apologies if I offended you welshblue. I honestly didn't mean anything sinister by it, towards you or anybody else.

The latest 3 images are wonderful. The oranges  seem to be dripping juice. Do these images take you a long time to do ? Where do you get your ideas from ? Have you got any tips on how you achieve such realism in your pieces ? The tee shirt design is very enigmatic as well as surreal, do you sell these online ? 

I'm sorry if that seems like a lot of questions welshblue, but I like to ask questions in order to learn

@AspiringArtist ... no you didn't offend me.  Ever so slightly annoyed maybe.  TBH I've no time for 'leading' questions.  I'm always happy to answer any about my images or how to's though

Time ?  It varies.  The Split Personality one took half an hour.  Others can take hours, days or weeks depending on time and mood.  Usually I've got multiple projects on the go and switch between them.  For example I've currently got all these going on.  Some may not get finished

current-projects.png

Ideas ? Mostly life.  Things I've experienced.  Objects around me.  Also sometimes total randomness.  

Tips ?  1.Never get dis-heartened.  2. Step back from an image after a while.  It'll almost certainly look different when you go back.  3. Have really good reference objects or images.  4. If it's becoming a chore, close down Paint.net for a while.  5. The biggie for me is that I have multiple files for an image.  One will always have every layer not merged.  Some have parts of it merged. That way you can always go back later on if something doesn't look right.  An example of using multiple files for the OoTF competition

viola-project.png

Also name layers.  I hardly ever do and kick myself when I'm clicking layers on and off, trying to find the one I want  It gets very frustrating if you've over 100 and more layers.

And nope my designs aren't online.  The printer sells them at car and bike shows/ festivals etc  Some go to boutique shops and some to wholesalers.

Sounds glamourous.  It's not really.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, welshblue said:

cooper-s.png

I think it would be cool, and add a bit of surrealism to have the path come out of the face.  By the way, the YouTube link up there isn't correct, any chance you could fix it?  I'd like to see the tutorial myself.

9 hours ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

I think it would be cool, and add a bit of surrealism to have the path come out of the face.

Good idea.  I'll be revisiting this style for myself and  making a more weird image.  Hopefully.  😀

It's one of those that you could run away with

Link.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNzaC0exWSQ

• Like 1

Thank you @Seerose and @lynxster4 (in another thread)

After having the same combo for 9 years I thought it was time for a change. 

Weirdly, whilst I can make a lot of things in Paint.net I really with a new sig and avi combo'.  It was like losing my identity and wondering how to get it back.

Yep, I'm strange.  But proud 😜