welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

Very lovely coloring on the pretty lady 😲  The snake skin is so realistic I got goose bumps 🙀

@ReMake @lynxster4 @LionsDragon @Pixey  and @barbieq25 for the rep'

Thanks guys.  I must admit the colour wash was more fun than it should have been.  A grown up colouring book.

It's definitely a style I want to experiment further with

Sadly the texture on the snake text isn't mine.  It's something I used whilst perfecting an animal print text style that is proving very fruitful.  And one I will be making a tut' on.

The textures below are mine, 100% PDN and I just want to trim the stages down a few/( lots) of steps before making it public

snakeskin-texture.jpg

snakeskin-texture-1.png snakeskin-texture-3.png snakeskin-texture-4.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, welshblue said:

The textures below are mine, 100% PDN...

Beautiful textures. Now we look forward to the tutorial.

• Like 1

Just did my catch up, bit of a peruse, exceptional work Welshblue.

Stem cell is exquisite, luv that gear. The ring with the metal looks lush, rich and warm. 

Words can't do it justice but your work inspires.

Not much shuts me up.

Yeah the body, changes the mind. Quite the challenge at times. 

I get pummelled by an osteo every fortnight to keep my busted chassis straight enough to function. 

Such fun :-)

Best of luck with it all Welshblue and tuvm, your work is solid sun and helping me plug along.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ReMake said:

Beautiful textures. Now we look forward to the tutorial.

Thanks @ReMake ... thank you.   I'm just fine tuning it.  I don't think anyone is dedicated enough to sit through 150+ layer of scales ... I only am because I've started it 😣

@Rickhum ... thank you matey for the kind,  complimentary words.  I feel for you - Osteo' = Sadist 😉 

Better than getting rigged up to a workshop jig though ?

@Seerose ... thank you so much.  Also to @lynxster4 for the rep'

The color wash is amazing! I think you did an excellent job on that one, especially making it look realistic with the shading and lighting. The snake skin one is excellent as well. Looking forward to when you get that tut published.

@JulioCoolio ... thanks a lot.  Colour washing is strangely therapeutic - the snakeskin tutorial - almost done to my satisfaction but I think I'll be reaching out for ideas to get  a pattern - it's all too symmetrical for my liking

Colour Wash #2  this proves my theory that babies are awkward lil' sods ( - no wrinkles to work with)

Colour-wash-2.png

again over-worked.  Must stop when I'm happy

• Like 5

Thanks for the Rep' point @lynxster4

This colouring malarkey isn't as easy as it may seem.  Right skin tones/ blending in - lots of things to take into account.

#3 is my last go - it's so much easier making things from scratch my own way

colour-wash-3.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

<3 OMG! @welshblue!

Two fantastic jobs. I don't have so much patience. 

I know: if you want to achieve something beautiful, it's worth all the effort.

Thank you for sharing your result! :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Great color washing @welshblue Wonderful images to work with 😍 loving the baby - sooooo cute <3

• Like 1

Thanks @Seerose and @Pixey.  It really isn't as easy as it seems matching skin tones, I don't think heavy pencil sketching lends itself too well to it ... I'm giving up on that style for a while ... thanks too @lynxster4

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just randomness after playing with S3D.  All PDN except the crest

Quitting

Quitting.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Excellent box @welshblue 💖 I'll be baaaaack with a Rep later :)

• Like 1

@Pixey ... nice Arnie impression 😉  Thanks.  I'm not happy with the filters ... but hey ho.  thanks for the rep' @ReMake

Version 2   would love a f a g' after getting stressed with this.  The lighting drove me mad 

Quitting-3.png

Next up,  adding a zippo lighter and then some vape pens

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

Barcode's numbering is out of alignment.

🙄 Seriously ?  Constructive critique - I'll take all day no problem - but pedantic -  keep it to yourself, it's better for everybody   

Not  how well done the image is,  even if the 20 on the flip lid is all wrong, or the shadow on the offset box isn't quite right...  but the numbers are out of sync.  Jesus H. Christ if that's all you found wrong.  And could say. 

We could look at almost every new image posted on here and find something not quite right, but I'm supportive to all artists and want to encourage - your first inception image - smoke/fog poorly blended - was best not to say it ... so I didn't.  

And actually on the example I worked from,  the numbers were like that.  Some would argue the barcode could/should be horizontal

I've more important things going on in my life to let you get to me, and I've too much time and energy invested in this board to say what I really want to

Edited by welshblue

2 hours ago, welshblue said:

Not  how well done the image is,  even if the 20 on the flip lid is all wrong, or the shadow on the offset box isn't quite right...  but the numbers are out of sync.   if that's all you found wrong.  And could say. 

Actually, I thought the rest of the image were great, just the numbers were out of alignment.  :)  When comparing to the examples, I thought your image were startlingly similar to what I found.  And very clever usage of saying, "PDN can be addictive."  😆  Don't go away, man.

• Like 1

<3 @welshblue!

What a fantastic job. I would be glad what you do everything; only a tenth could create.

Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:
Besides really ":PaintDotNet32:" is addictive"

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 1

Hi welshblue

A friend sent me a link to look at your work and I must say I'm very impressed by the professional look you achieve.  Great perspective, excellent lighting and eye for detail.

The diversity of your style is very impressive.    We're a small graphic design cum marketing company catering for authors and musicians, providing cover artwork, flyers and merchandise etc

I have sent you my details by private messenger if you would like to discuss possibly taking on some commissions in the future - I see from your profile you already do this type of work

Regardless - your work is a credit to you and to a free software 

Rob

The cigarettes are very cool Welshblue.

Something politically incorrect about a pack of cigs.

They look delicious and I don't even smoke tailors.

Bar code being off adds to it in my not so humble.

Lends the piece  integrity somehow, i might think it a photo else wise. 

I mean you are Welsh  🙂

Beautiful work , the reptile scales are the ducks guts.

You're an inspiration old sun. 

• Like 2