welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

@Pixey ... @Seerose ... @lynxster4 ... @LionsDragon

Many thanks ladies ... as always the feedback and support is appreciated.  

I wish I could take the credit for the water part but that's off the net.  The sand is all PDN and then a couple of different plugins/ Blend Modes on the tiger and the King.

Quite a straight forward process if anyone wants a know how

------------------------------------------------------------------

Eternal ... a tribute to my wife who has put up with me for 25 years to this day ... the poor woman is a saint.  I would've gotten rid of me years ago :lol:

Eternal.png

• Like 4

<3 @walisblau!

WOW! He is wonderful, so is her wife. 
Love is something great, every person should love so well with all the mistakes. paar.gif I wish you a nice, long life.

Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Lovely rendition of a ring!  Soooo pretty!!  <3  

Congrats on your 25th!  :cake:   That's an awfully long time!!     (I could never do it....marriage isn't my cup of tea...)  :lol:

• Like 2

Oooooooo - I like that .......... a lot :D.  I'm sure your wife was very appreciative :star:.  The gold is lovely and the setting too :)

Congrats on the 25th Anniversary.  My husband and I celebrated our 43rd at the end of October.  Guess we will be staying together for while longer :lol:.

• Like 1

Wonderful work Welshy (ooh, accidental alliteration), just had a cursory squiz at your gallery

I'll be back for a better look and to check out your tuts etc'

• Like 1

You are right. My wife of 54 years passed away in October. We had our first date at 13 years of age. I'm getting a lot of support from friends but there is a hole in my heart that will never mend. I was told about this website when I told a minister that I was working on some very old photos and needed to edit them. He told me about paint.net.  

Edited by Charles Valles
Misspelling
  • Like 3

@LionsDragon @Seerose @lynxster4 @Pixey ... many thanks Ladies ... 25 years together, married for - ummm is it 10 or 11 years.  What year is it ? :lol:

A lot of people said it wouldn't last due to, well many things but the main one me being a bad boy and her being sweetness personified.  We proved them all wrong.  

In 25 years not one proper argument ... she just laughs at me sulking. 

Pixey - 43 years.  Wow.  Fair play to you's and congratulations.  I think mine will have suffocated me by then :P

Lynxster' - I can honestly say that if I hadn't married the one I'd never have done it with anyone else ... killing my street cred' here ...

@Woodsy ... thanks mate.   Yeah I agree, will just use artistic licence and call it blingy bling bling.  The ring part was the last bit and a thinner one didn't look right.

Live and learn ...

Rep points when my bank is refreshed

@Rickhum ... thanks dude - alliteration is better than illiteration ;)

@JulioCoolio ... many thanks.  i don't know about talent, I just keep clicking and hope things appear.  Sometimes I keep them, often they get shredded

@Charles Valles ... I'm so sorry to hear that.  I'm not sure how I'd cope and I can only imagine how you must be feeling. 

If there is any help needed with editing photographs please don't hesitate to shout out here on the forum as we're a friendly bunch and there will be someone to help you

My deepest, sincerest condolences to you at this difficult time

---------------------------------------------------

Forbidden 

It started out playing with Clouds, Planetoid, Varicose, Seismograph amongst others and came up with this

original_wall.png

Using EEr's Woven Photo and adding a few more things

Forbidden.png

Hopefully the start of a bigger picture

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Nice job on Forbidden, if I had one nitpick, I would say the text "Keep Out" could use displacement to make it realistic.  Congratulation on your anniversary to your SO. 

• Like 1

You've got something going welshy.  Very much like it!   I love how things sometimes unintentionally evolve into a great image.  ;)

• Like 2

<3 @walisblau!

"Forbidden", what is forbidden everything is really great. As a small child I did some things extra, because forbidden things are interesting.

:trophy:  Again a beautiful work. Thank you so much for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

@LionsDragon @lynxster4  @Seerose ... Thank you very much Ladies.  Hopefully I'll get motivated to turn it into a bigger more complex image, I've some ideas but translating them onto canvas is another matter.  Thank you again and for the Reps

@TrevorOutlaw ... Thanks.  I tried 2 displacement plugins on the text and another Displacement Map kept crashing on me.  The 2 I tried gave an improbable edge to it so I decided to leave it out.  Must have been the font ?

Thanks EER and Woodsy for the Reps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing around at 4 in the morning - Coffee and cigarette overload ...

All PDN, no outside textures.  Just Splinter and Height Shader and a few different layers of Blend Modes.

Quite passable chrome or steel ?

Chrome_Text.png

• Like 7

Very productive late night/early morning session @welshblue!  :P   Looks very real to me!

I'd be interested in knowing how you used 'texture shader' to achieve this.

@MJW's Height Map plugins are some of my favorites.....do I smell a tutorial?   ;)

Anyway, great result!   :cake:  :cookie-chocolate:  :cookie:

• Like 2

@Rickhum thanks mate ... unfortunately they don't look as good on a solid background so levitation is the way to go :P (Plus it looked better @ silly o'clock)

@lynxster4 and @Seerose ... many thanks.  I'm quite happy with it, there were a few imperfections that Negation throws up so had to clone stamp a couple of edges - once I sort that out I'll knock together a how to for you's as it's not tut' worthy yet.  

Although I have got another one on the go ... 

Thanks @Eli @LionsDragon @MadJik for the Rep points

• Like 2

Excellent Text - lovely shiny and glassy text.  Couldn't be better :D:star:

• Like 1

@ Pixey ... thanks.  It actually started out trying to be glass ... but it got lost on the way somewhere.  That's my next aim with Texture Shader - glass text.

For now I'm stuck on metal.  One for stamped metal ( got a tut' if it's worth publishing)

stamped_metal_text_2.png

And a random thing which is not one thing or another but I quite like the effect

metal_23.png

• Like 4

:arrow-up: Oh MY :D those are amazing and a tute would be very, very nice ... please :beer:

• Like 1

Stamped metal looks 'tut' worthy to me.....;)   Please, do publish it.

Your second example (without the outline) looks similar to what I did here, except I used Red's & MJW's EdgeShader for the inner contour.   :)

• Like 1