welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

So realistic looking - just like a photo!  Those nuggets and the wire are just perfect  B) .

@ Goon', Oceana, Helen, Daniels, barbieQ', Pixey and Dryda' ... thanks guys. Sometimes a simple approach can yield golden results  :P

The kind words are as always, very much appreciated.

@ Oceana ... I'm not sure a tutorial will be useful here (maybe just a solitary gold nugget one ?) but if you want I'll knock together the steps and PM you with it.  Just give a shout out and I'll get it done

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On Pg.1 ... a tribute to those guys who blow my mind ... in no particular order to how I view their work, but alphabetical is fair - Drydareelin, GamerWorld', GoonFella, 'Noob, Sozo, YellowMan and 007Nab.  

One light year I'll capture the atmosphere you guys do ...

Edited by welshblue

You do yourself a disservice buddy. Your spacescape is awesome . I particularly like the nebula in the background. Personally I find these are one of the more difficult things to get right so you have done great there. Good use of the lens flare as well. Nicely done. ;)

Edited by Goonfella

I'm speechless - in a word ..... WOW! Unbelievably realistic and a real photo-finish to it jawdrop.gif

• Upvote 1

I was going to say the same thing, Dryda, about the lens flare--the shape and all. It's so cool.

Welsh, this is one amazing space scene! It has so much depth and detail. It doesn't feel empty and is extremely beautiful. I'd pay to see this in an art gallery. ;)

I have to echo what everyone here has said, Welsh.  That space scape is PHENOMENAL!!!  I wish I had better adjectives at my disposal, but that's the best I've got right now.

• Upvote 1

"Jaw, meet the floor. Floor, meet my jaw." Very impressive work, sir. The planet textures are spot on, and the nebula and lens flare are fantastic!

• Upvote 1

Got to agree with you Daniels.  Gods is an awesome work.  I'm very pleased to announce it has been added to the Galleria.

Congratulations Welshy!

• Upvote 1

@ Goon',  Pixey, Oceana, Dryda' Helen, Red', Drew, BarbieQ', J.D. daniels and EER ... many thanks for the kind words but after seeing Dryda's latest ... I don't think I deserve them - but will accept them appreciatively.  Must admit The Galleria was a bit of a shock on this one ... but like always - humbled to be there.

The lens flare ... credit where it's due and it's to this wonderful pack http://mediamilitia.com/custom-lens-flares-pack-50-free-high-resolution-transparent-images/ <<< There's something for everyone on there.

Thanks again everyone.

------------------------------------------

Decay on Pg.1  Model rendered in Daz Studio 4 - Cracks are brushes - Screamer is stock from HERE and the background is from SAND33P's Dusty texture pack HERE and modified a bit by me.

Not a lot of PDN as such in there, but sometimes art is about letting things out ... not how it's made (@ least it is for me) 

Your work displays such a high level of realism that it is breathtaking that it is produced with a free soffware. The way you get life into the images  with light and shadows is second to none. that I have seen.  After lurking  for a while and viewing your tutorials you make it look so easy. Where do you get the ideas for your images? Or the  idea of which technique to use?

Decay is a very thought inspiring image.  Anyone who has experienced pain and suffering can draw empathy to this. The composition and the images used work together so very well.  It should be on a book cover.

Which brings me to another question. Do you do work outside of here, for ereader authors - for a price of course.

Thank you for such a pleasurable insight into the strength of paint.net

You're like a person not from this Earth--a person with a greater mind being able to create such a magnificent art piece! Wow! 

Seamless. Perfect. Extraordinary. 

What a masterpiece =O .  The body, athough quite tragically broken, is very beautiful.  It must be rather gratifying to render such a perfect image.  It definitely could be a professional poster for a movie, or something.  You should be known as an Illustrator and be employed doing this for 'dosh' ;) .  Great work!

Dammit Welshy, get out of the Galleria and give the rest of us a turn ;)

Great piece, I love the feel of it.

Edited by Drydareelin

@ GavPrince ... many thanks for the kind words.  To be honest it's a privilege here to be amongst so many talented people and I like to think we all push each other over newly raised bars.  And no 2 people produce the same type of  work so it's always an eye opener.   Ebooks ?  Not something I've done but I have made a couple of cd covers and some abstract works.  A price ?  TBH there's not much I won't do for money ...

@ Helen ... Thank.  You.  Kindly.

@ Pixey ... many thanks.  TBH photo manips are all I can manage right now.  I'm having real concentration problems with medication to make things purely from PDN and putting things on canvas gets rid of lots of frustration in lots of ways

The body, athough quite tragically broken, is very beautiful.  

Tell my wife that.   :P

@ Daniels ... many thanks.  I find monochrome a great medium to get emotive pieces.  The secret being finding aspects that marry up to tell the story ... not reallying on colour.  TBH I'm not sure where my head was at making Decay ... but I think I was thinking everything isn't B & W

@ EER ... Thank.  You. Kindly.  Kind.  Sir

@ Dryda' ...  :P Thanks mate.  You're notching up a fair few entries yourself  ;)

@ Helen and EER ...  :D

You don't know how close you both are with words spoken in jest.  At the moment I don't feel very human and would love to plug myself into a computer an recaliberate everything.  Although the ERROR messages would be pretty depressing.  MOBO turning to MOFO

Regression could be the answer.  To find out if I was such a bad barsteward in a previous life which could explain a lot in this one.  Karma biting me on ... well everything.

Thanks again everyone.  Appreciated that my head isn't so messed up that others don't get my work

• Upvote 1