welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

Many thanks Helen and BarbieQ' ... it's good to open PDN again.  For a while I thought the novelty of 5 odd years had worn off, I just couldn't get back into it.

Just gotta grab this second chance with both hands now ...

Something wrong with your eyes B' 

(or it could be that I edited it after reading your comment   :P )

Indeed, yet again you've pulled it off! 

But maybe the diagonal top left - bottom right lines are a bit against the flow of the whole piece, that's the only thing I could say. But it also makes it look a bit like the right - left diagonal lines are pipelines and the places where the two diagonals meet are the joints.

As this could be entitled as an 'abstract', it's just what you want to reach with it, I guess...

Nah, my eyes musta gotten a bit better :P

... all those nudes can affect your eyesight  :P

@ Dark' ... i know.  Seems like I'm getting less and less PDN time lately ... Thanks mate

@ Chimay ' ... yep an abstract.  I'm still proud to be an official member of OMA's abstract club.  Abstracts are such a good way to get rid of demons.  Many thanks.

-------------------------------------------------

On Page 1 experimenting with different textures

Five stars :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: to all text textures (ooh...tongue twister :)).

Fantastic images, Welsh. I like how they're all different, too.

3 great sigs! Glad you posted larger versions so that we can see them in all their glory!

I love the second abstract one. Looks like it has a loose kind of felt background. Each one is awesome in its own right.

Nothing wrong with my eyesight :P

@ BarbieQ, Helen and Daniels ... many thanks guys.  Hopefully soon I'll be inclined to get my teeth into the bigger projects I've got on the go but my mind is elsewhere just now so 'doodles' are all I can manage

Speaking of which, on Pg.1 another textstyle, achieved with only 2 plugins and minimal steps ... TBH one of my most realistic yet IMHumbleO

Tutorial worthy ?

Congratulations for teacher of the year. 

Second Chance -You had a similar image in green I liked, but the colors,lights and flares give this extra dimension.

Hope, took my breath away. I'd love to see a tutorial on this one. <3

Or any of the request by others. :tard3: 

Speaking of which, on Pg.1 another textstyle, achieved with only 2 plugins and minimal steps ... TBH one of my most realistic yet IMHumbleO

Tutorial worthy ?

Yes!

Tute please, please! That is a most awesome sig. Jawdropping in fact. I can see this as a metal surround for a jewel. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

The metallic text...WOW! I can even feel the coolness of it. The touch of the lens flare and the sparkle...you always get me on that detail. Incredible!

Thanks folks, glad you's enjoyed the metal text.  Tutorial has been posted.

Thanks Doughty ... Hope is the next tutorial on the list ;)

Gosh it's quiet around here - where did everyone go ?

Nah I meant here in my gallery.

Excepting the usual suspects I guess the days of discerning guests appreciating how much work goes into a piece have gone for a while 

Time to resurrect my dA identity maybe

I think I'm just getting a bit disillusioned.  

There was a time I'd comment on everything in the Pictorium, but apart from yourself and Helen there is no-one else who does that anymore, a lot of ... what's the word - apathy ? - here now. 

And it's sucking me in to the mindset of not bothering

Like my latest tutorial ... not blowing my own trumpet, but it's versatile and realistic if the effort is put in, but not worth one Rep point so far ?  Is it that <bad>?  A  lot of work went into that for the community and I really can't be bothered if nobody else can ... tooo much going on in my life to waste precious time when it could be used elsewhere

Edited by david.atwell
No swearing.

Welshy - I don't even USE rep points, and I don't think I'm alone.  I couldn't even tell you how to find out what one's rep is.  If you're basing the effectiveness of your tutorial on rep points, I'm afraid you're greatly missing the point.  Calm down, keep working, people love you.

The Pictorium has been going down the tubes a bit, I agree, but I think the biggest thing is that real comments of all stripes have been dying down in this forum.  It's just not what it once was.  We need to rebuild community, and posts like yours don't encourage that.  :-)

Remember, you got the Teacher of the Year award last year.  I don't think there's higher praise than that.  Certainly not rep points, which I personally believe are just as useless as Facebook likes.

• Upvote 3

Welshy -  If you're basing the effectiveness of your tutorial on rep points, I'm afraid you're greatly missing the point.  Calm down, keep working, people love you.

The Pictorium has been going down the tubes a bit, I agree, but I think the biggest thing is that real comments of all stripes have been dying down in this forum.  It's just not what it once was.  We need to rebuild community, and posts like yours don't encourage that.  :-)

Remember, you got the Teacher of the Year award last year.  I don't think there's higher praise than that.  Certainly not rep points, which I personally believe are just as useless as Facebook likes.

You also have the highest rep points. Also a testament of what folk think of you as an artist & all round great guy :D

• Upvote 1

Welsh, when I see someone post their work, I feel that it's right and respectful to comment.

I agree with what David and barbieq said, your rep points prove that people may not always comment to show that they appreciate your work and it's sometimes easier to give you a rep point, instead. Look at that as a compliment. You should know that you're one of my favorite artists on this board--maybe it has something to do with the fact that you and I have been seeing each other's work from the beginning. ;)

I never knew we had rep points.   Even though we haven't seen eye to eye on some things in the past Welshblue ,I value your expertise and have learned very much from you. Your work has inspired me on many levels and continues to do so. You're recent tute on metal text was fun and cool,plus it turned me on to a couple of plugins I didn't have that are nice additions. I wouldn't worry about rep points,some of us don't even know they are there,lol.   :)

Edited by skullbonz