welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Split Personality~ 01/12/2019

@ BarbieQ', Helen, NN, Pixey , Daniels, Dark', Drew', Dryda', Dug, skullbonz ... many thanks.  

It's not perfect tho' - after picking my daughters phone up I realised it should be more rounded at the top and bottom - that's why the battery came into play - to cover it up and distract the eyes away :lol:

... just realised how many people start with 'D' here and that I told my wife I was giving up PDN and trying to master new things when it said 600,000 views ... I didn't realise it was so close to being that.  

Edited by welshblue

:P

Don't worry, that promise was made when she was moaning that I'm always on PDN - one broken promise in 20 years won't be that bad.  

I'll be here until I either can't move to draw/ type or can't move and no longer breathing ;)

Sig and Avi courtesy of DS ... I needed a change and divorce is expensive ... 

LOVE your new sig and avatar. DS can create wonders. :)

If you ever, ever, ever leave...hmm...what should I say that will sound fierce? Since I can't think of anything, I can only say that I would be bummed. Maybe even desert this place.   F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

But for real, I'm really, really glad you're on this forum. Besides, a PDN prodigy can't just leave. ;)

LOVE your new sig and avatar. DS can create wonders. :)

If you ever, ever, ever leave...hmm...what should I say that will sound fierce? Since I can't think of anything, I can only say that I would be bummed. Maybe even desert this place.   F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

But for real, I'm really, really glad you're on this forum. Besides, a PDN prodigy can't just leave. ;)

1. Thanks! :D

2. She's right! You're not going ANYWHERE! :black:

Edited by DarkShock
  • Upvote 1

Leaving?  Off to Amsterdam I'll hazzard a guess.  Bad boyo :devlish: .  But I'm sure you are reformed now smiley-angelic002.gif

Wow!  New Avvie and Signature look really spiffy.  Wonderful collab with Dark Shock :smile:

@ Dark' and Helen :lol: I didn't mean I am leaving, just the promise I made to my wife when PDN was consuming my evenings ... I've cut back a lot on my addiction so I think all is good there ;)

You're like me Helen - a fixture here - in your case a prettier one than me ;)  And nicer to people

@ Pixey ... my Amsterdam days are over. Got the T-shirt and all that. 8 months without an alcoholic drink, no narvis for the same time - I'm a real paragon of virtue now.

I Lol'ed @ the Boyo

@ Daniels ... you and me both my friend.  I had the old avatar for so long that I still can't get used to this one.  But I'm happy with the job Dark' did and wearing them with pride

------------------------------------------------

Speaking of Dark, after the glossiness of my last couple of pieces I thought a moody abstract was due.  

Tainted Love on Pg.1 Plus the collab' with DarkShock (he's good)

Tainted love is a stunning return to your dark side mate, very well though out and so highly realistic, you raise the bar ever higher with your works. Top class colab with darkshock too. Amazing images. B)

LOVE the collab piece you did with Darkshock. So amazing how different your works are, yet both of your ideas blended in so nicely. 

For "Tainted Love," I had an image in my head as if someone was carrying those rings and dropped them spilling them all over the ground. I like how the sides are bit darker and close to the middle, it's brighter and happier. You're a genius. And don't deny it. ;)

Good Lord, those textures are fantastic! If I didn't know any better, I'd have sworn I was looking at a photograph... Awesome work, good sir :)

What a lovely change from your norm, on the collab with Darkshock.  Very pretty - this brought out your feminine side :grin: .

Tainted love is very 'Grunge-looking'. Dark and perhaps is hiding a story deep in the psyche?  The textures are amazing and the rings are perfection; an art you have down to a fine "T"  :) .

You never cease to amaze me, Welsh.  Everything you do is absolutely top shelf and serves as a shining example of what can be done with this great program with some creativity and a lot of patience (of which I have very little). 

Tainted Love is phenomenal.  The juxtaposition of the shiny rings against the grungy background really makes it pop.  You are a master of contrast.

• Upvote 1

As RedBeard just said "you are a master of contrast." I think you have got the perfect balance here. Grungy Brilliance.

@ DS. Cool Sig-Avatar,suits Welshy perfectly.

Great collab from you both.Really flows together.

@ Drew', BarbieQ', Helen, Daniels, Pixey, Red' (great to see you mate - how's Blender getting on ?) Dark' and Dug ... many thanks guys, as always the visit and feedback is appreciated.

There's something soothing about dark and grungey.  A master of contrast ?  I dunno about that but my wife says I can be very contrary - is that the same thing ?  

I think backgrounds can be just as important to a piece as the main focus ?

That said, Hope on pg.1 has a plain background because I thought anything else detracts from the look I was going for.  Thoughts ?

(Bright for me I know, but I need some of that right now ...)

I agree. "Hope" is a fitting title. It's stupendous, Welsh. I really need to know how you created this. Well, I have my method of doing this, but I'd like to know what steps you took to create this beauty. 

Once again, this image is gorgeous. The light bits are so shiny and glowy. I love the scribbled design, too. 

@ Dark and Helen ... many thanks guys.  It was a refreshing change for me to do something like that.

I'll knock up a mini tute' for you Helen (a lot of PI and Polar Transformation)

@ Trevor Outlaw ... I've read the PM, and will reply - just need a bit of time to digest it and catch up with others I've not had the time to reply to in the past week or so

@ BarbieQ' and Drew' ... many thanks guys.  Hope is all relative and it captures how I see it ... so we're alike again twin sis' ;)

I think it's one of the few images of mine my wife likes ... she wants some bigger ones printed and framed.  All depending on whether she can pay the asking price :lol:

@ Helen and Barbie' apologies but I haven't done any screenshots yet, but it's on the to do list.

A quick knock up on Pg.1 of something I saw online and wanted to see if I could copy it.  

It's a quick process if anyone thinks it's tute worthy and wants one done