welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Seeing The Light~ 11/10/2019

What a fab idea! I love the handle on the magnifying glass too. That sheen really does it for me. Still loving the whole tartan thing. Good on you!

Thanks Barbie' ... I was especially pleased with the handle ;) Blend modes again a powerful tool by themselves

----------------------------------

Yet more PDN wood with an additional image of Neon Dreams

Neon Dreams is my fave because it just glows but the wood images are really well done too. I could see these being used as starting textures & repeated as the background to create some of your awesome 3D abstracts. Fabulous work & always a treat to see.

Some amazing textures going on here(tartan, always pleasant to look at ;) ). The magnifier and lens pieces look so real,the hi-lights and the magnification are just right.The PdN woods, great textures,you are the master of blend modes. ;)

@ Barbie' ... many thanks. Neon Dreams currently my wallpaper ;) The wood textures ... I'll see what I can do RE: abstracts

@ nitenurse ... many thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed your look around. Perseverance is all it takes with PDN ... a bit of insanity doesn't go amiss either :P

@ Helen ... as always, big thanks. I'm lucky that my working life has brought me into contact with lots of textures so they're a bit ingrained in my brain (what's left of it :roll:)

@ dug ... thanks mate. It's funny, it didn't start out as tartan it's only after a few people said it I decided to run with it. Funny how we see things ...

@ yy' ... good to see you. Many thanks. An eygasm ? Are you sure you didn't just sneeze ... :P;)

-----------------------------------------------------------

It's been 12 months (where the heck has the time gone :/ ) since I first tried making R2D2. I've tried again to see if I could remember with a bigger version ... (and hopefully to finish the tut I started, over the xmas break)

I like the background on this one much better. Those valves on the left side look great. Love the changing colours in the metal. There is something intrinsically beautiful about valves. I like the textures & the colours you used in this one as they compliment our little guy so well.

I've always loved your R2D2. I cannot even begin to contemplate doing a tute for something so complex. I'm glad you went back to him. A wonderful image. Well done, Welshy!

Thanks Barbie' ... the tut may never be published - it's heck of a job getting it concise enough :|

The background sort of took over when I was making it, the lil' guy was secondary by the end. A bit of trial/ error and experimentation for a steampunk piece I've got on the go

I'm thinking the shadow is a bit too intense ?

Edited by welshblue

Woah! R2D2 seemed to pop out right from the page! I also think the shadow is very good. I love it. You've done an outstanding job with this. Writing a tut will be a challenge--maybe writing a simple one would be a good idea.

R2D2 is just awesome. I think you`ve done a great job with the texture and colour. All those panels look super. I think you might have blurred the shadow a bit too much though. But apart from that it`s excellent. Well done Welshy. ;)

Thanks Helen and Goon' ... I think I'm with Goon' on the shadow, even on the thumbnail it looks 'thick'. Sod it, I'll change it next version

The tut' ... the body and head are easy, it's trying to get the legs explained easily which is proving my stumbling block ... too many screenshots :/

The R2D2s are my favorites in your collection. I've got to hand it to all you folks who have the talent to actually be able to "draw" in PDN. It's gonna be forever until I have such talent/abilities.

Congrats to you (and everybody else like you)!

Perseverance is the key.

When I first started using PDN I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Luckily some kind people took pity on me and encouraged/ inspired me with tips and critique.

You're showing a great strength for manipulations - no need for you to draw things ;)

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Apartment No.9 ... Inspired by the late, great Tammy Wynette and 3 days later still trying to get my head around the death of Gary Speed.

He was a fantastic footballer before his retirement.

He'd made Wales into an international force again with his managerial skills - and restored a lot of lost pride ... add to that a beautiful wife, 2 beautiful kids and a bank account billions of people throughout the world would covet. Depression doesn't show favouritism. RIP Gary. May you find peace @ last

• Upvote 1

Apartment No.9 is soooooooo cool (and I sincerely mean that!). It would be awesome if you could "etch" his name into the wood. Just an idea, but it's superb the way it is. I quickly read the article and I can't even imagine (don't want to either) how terrified the wife must've been. That's just horrible.

Apartment 9 is great. I know it keeps being said but that`s because it`s well deserved - superb wood textures! Great image.

I couldn`t believe it when I heard that Gary Speed was dead. So young and with everything to look forward to. He will be sadly missed by everyone.

Many thanks Barbie', Helen and Goon' ... glad you enjoyed the image - I can't help wondering how it would have looked, if my head had been in a different place. Possibly not so dark and broody - but knowing me ... quite possibly just the same boltbait.mad.png

Either way I can feel a series coming out of this until it's a room with a door ...

Thanks Goon' - Displacement is a useful tool when playing with wood ;) Although I've got to admit to being especially pleased with how the keyhole turned out

Yep, desperately sad about Speedo. When someone feels suicide is the only option it's a tragedy in so many ways

Edited by welshblue