welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Seeing The Light~ 11/10/2019

If someone saw your artwork for the very first time, they would swear that "Rear End" was done in a 3D program. All of us who are big fans of your amazing artwork know better. You are truly the King of Paint.net! Simply amazing piece! I also really like the one with the spheres, "Between a Rock", simply wonderful piece with the grungy textures and dark brooding look to it. One of your best abstracts IMHO! I have to stop letting things distract me and get to your gallery more often. Seems like I have missed so much. I'll have to stop in this weekend and take a closer look at some of the pieces I've not seen. Great work mate ! Loving every minute of it.

@ Goon' ... thanks mate. Much appreciated.

I bet you're expecting a bit of stick from me after that 8 - 2 spanking by the 'Scum ?

Not even I'm that cruel ... I can only imagine <I didn't curse. Ultra sensitive censoring ?>> how you felt yesterday ;)

@ Possum ... thanks mate. Good to see you've not been ran over :P

I want to make a bigger, a more suitable for printing version of Between a Rock to put in a frame; so really happy you enjoyed it, star

----------------------------------------------------

GridGrad Practice

I think I've bitched the most about lack of support in the Galleries lately; but I haven't exactly supported the competitions the past few months :roll:

Double Standards and that's one thing I hate

A very nice plug-in again from pyro' with loads of thinking outside the box potential. Blend Modes work brilliantly for different looks

Views are fast approaching 250,000 for my gallery :| That's a lot of potential spammers ...

... please support the Competitions

Edited by welshblue

Fantastic outcome with the GridGrad. Loe the movement & the colours. Really lovely. I have the plugin & love some of the effects I got with a quick play.

I like all the different textures in the boxes. Nice way to practice. ;)

8-2 - funnily enough it doesn`t really bother me - I half expected something like this would happen anyway. I was more upset when Nani was subbed because it cost me points in Fantasy Footy! I was hoping he would score more. On telly apparently Lee Dixon took one look at Arsenal`s team sheet before the match and said then he could see United scoring six. They thought he was mad but he was bang on. God how I miss the old Dixon-Adams-Keown-Winterburn partnership at the back.

I haven't been able to spend time and actually stop by to comment on anything lately, so here goes:

PDN Power - Blue, Green & Memory Power = Any chance you could send me those batteries through the mail? Especially Memory Power? My brain has been having serious issues lately, and I need the boost! >< All 3 look so real, I'm expecting to go to the store and see them on the battery display!

Rear End - I know they're suppose to be cars, but I see faces staring at me. That third looks like the perfect villian for a movie, completely with teeth and evil dimples. :) Nicely done!

Grid Gradient - That's all from the same plugin?? Amazing results! I haven't had a chance to play around with that one yet. It looks awesome!

Sorry for the retro comments, but all of them are lovely, and I wanted to go back and comment on the ones I haven't seen yet. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

@ Moninca ... it's always good to see you, whenever you can pop in. Plus retro is all the rage these days ;)

Thanks for the nice comments - Grid Grad ... there's a few other effects thrown in - Glass Blocks, Motion Blur, Bevel Selection plus a couple of others my brain is to numb to remember :/

Agreed about the 'face' look - in the final (I hope) version, I've changed the break lights, and I think it solves that problem.

Glad you enjoyed the batteries :D

@ Goon', Helen and Barbie' ... as always, huge thanks for the comments. It's going to be another great plug-in to play around with

@ Goon' ... nice attitude mate. Better for it to happen this early in the season than later on.

Agreed about that back four. How many defenders have come and gone these past few years ?

----------------------------------------

WB 1 ... hopefully the finished version of this so I can start planning the front end :lol:

Huge thanks to the Fanatics for the critique and suggestions that helped me on my way

*** Dragon is a stock image

Edited by welshblue

Ooooh my! That is spectacular! Well done Welshy! The number plate looks fab now. I was a treat to see this piece coming together with each version being more polished than the previous. Outstanding work!

Perfect! I think the interior of the car makes all the difference. I love the way you`ve done the headrests and the windscreen. Nice touch with the numberplate. ;)

Wenger must have been busy yesterday. Four new players including Benayoun from Chelsea. Although one guy on TV commented noted that it`s come to the point where we are going for players that the likes of Chelsea don`t want . And it`s only a season long loan, not a real transfer. Dear oh dear. :(

Thanks Barbie'and Goon' ... as stated, only possible with the feedback from you guys to correct my mistakes/ suggesting better ways

@ Goon' ... not sure why you've signed 2 midfielders :/

There's not one person I know who wouldn't agree that Arsenal play the prettiest football.

That's no good if you concede goals

I know where I'd have strengthened with proven defenders. (Mertesacker isn't it for me) And a goalkeeper like Shay Given (unlike Hilario the pratt we've got at Chelsea ...)

Edited by welshblue

In case others apart from Fanaticz are interested ... the finished version of the car arse-end is on Pg1

Hours spent ? About 40

Layers ? I think I'd get sectioned if the true amount ever became possible to count/ remember

Welshy, it is worth every single minute & layer you put in. It is an amazing artwork which speaks volumes to me - the gazer. It is just so full of emotion for me.

If you get sectioned for this - I'd be there too.

Anyone out there that doesn't look or comment is missing something wonderful. Well done!

I wasn't even going to ask how many layers went into this piece. I can't even imagine how much work and thought you put into this piece (as well as your other pieces). The sunset sets everything aglow. Just beautiful.

@ Barbie' ... thank you cariad <welsh>

Those few words have made it all worthwhile. I'm really glad you're enjoying this WIP series.

Stresses aside at times; I've enjoyed making them because I've learned a few things :)

As for being sectioned ... Like a rubber wall I'll come bouncing back to you ... :P

(Damn. I'm really showing my age and taste in music if anyone gets that one)

@ Goon' ... as always mate - a big thanks. Totally gutted at this moment in time. S**t we deserved @ least a draw

@ Helen ... many thanks and the same reply to you as BarbieQ' ... without the being sectioned bit. :D

@ Red ochre ... many thanks. I'm not sure about talented - more like perseverance with all the plugins that make it all a lot easier.

As do some of yours I've enjoyed using. So bigger thanks to you and all other artists rather than any art produced here

But a small part of me hopes that all the work that's produced by everyone, is some sort of payback for you cleverer guys in development of all parts of PDN

... illegal number plate ? Font would be a fine ... not sure about points on the licence ?

No number plate lights would be a bigger thing :|

Damn I haven't finished this yet

Great work WelshBlue, I like this sandstorm version very much, Just wondering why the backlights are off, while the lowbeams are on? ;)

Love the highlighting on the wall and the the plants.

Thanks YM

I was going to sleep last night and I thought the same about the backlights. How sad is that :/

I don't think I'll ever finish this backend and start on the front and side views :|

Yikes

Another double post

Continuing my experiments with Chad's concrete tut and fascination with all things dirty and non shiny ...

I'm still in awe what you're able to do with these textures. If I wouldn't have known you used PDN to make this, I wouldn't hesitate to say this was a photograph. Wow!

Almost Through is just superb! It has great texture & colours. More than that it has such an air of mystery. It is like a macro photo. It leaves me with a whole pile of question about what it is or was, the colours that I see & what they were, who or what is burning through & why. Just superb!