welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Seeing The Light~ 11/10/2019

@Pixey ... many thanks.  As Josh' points out ... not perfect ?  

Object Rounder ... I just draw random shapes, play around with rotating them etc and use the plugin.  Some things work - some don't but always interesting results

@lynxster4 ... been a long time since anyone said that to me ... but many thanks.  Definitely a bit of a trial this one.  The secret is don't change things when you're happy ... because it never looks the same

@TrevorOutlaw ... many thanks.  I tried so many different backgrounds but I think you're right on this one.  Better ?

@Joshua Lamusga ... good points.  Especially the shadow on the barrel ... a case of looking at something too long and not seeing the obvious.

The others ... I messed up  used a bit of licence to get it looking so so close without copying.  (My story and I'm sticking to it)  It evolved in so many different files that it's a marriage of all the parts I was happy with .  Thanks for the critique.  Shadow changed ... handle ... I forgot ?

@MJW and @LionsDragon ... thanks for the reps

Amended version

M6_G_Last_Edit.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, welshblue said:

... many thanks.  I tried so many different backgrounds but I think you're right on this one.  Better ? 

I would have gone with a solid background with no patterns so the gun is solidly in focus, but that's just me.  I have to play with Object Rounder after seeing what you are coming up with.

@LionsDragon and @Seerose ... many thank you's ladies.  And to those who rep'd it again.  Those who continue to support me here are very much appreciated and help to keep the juices flowing

It's going on the back burner for a while as I work on doing the whole Halo series of weaponry ... some are proving easier than others ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something totally different now.  After one of my t-shirt designs hit the 500 sale point, I thought I'd stop being so lazy and design something else. 

I went for an ink smudge technique that I must admit is a lot easier to achieve in PS but am more than happy with how the PDN versions turned out

Not sure if they're lacking some sort of caption or not ?  Or something ?

Ink-Smudge-Rainbow.png Ink-Smudge-Blue.png Ink-Smudge-B-W.png

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 6

Wow, those are superb....no caption needed!  <3

Her face says it all...:P    (I like these much better than all that 'weapon' stuff...well, that's probably not surprising)  Rep when I get more!

• Like 1

Fabulous ladies one and all :star: I really like that 'splattered' look ?.  Great job in PDN.

• Like 1

Beautiful work Welshblue.

Ink smudge work looks great, potato hot mate.

I have to check out your tutorials at some point.

Edited by Rickhum
  • Like 1

Can't believe I haven't commented on the ink smudge art.  I think it is smashing!  While I agree it is easier to do in PS, but as you once said to me, achieving this type of effect in PDN is satisfactory, if not more, than pulling it off in PS.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, TrevorOutlaw said:

While I agree it is easier to do in PS, but as you once said to me, achieving this type of effect in PDN is satisfactory, if not more, than pulling it off in PS.

... I think it's because you've got to think a bit more ?  Thanks a lot mate - they were a bit of trial and tribulation

@Rickhum ... thanks a lot blue ... particularly happy with the 2nd one.  Hopefully you'll find the tuts easy ...

@ScrapbookWithPDN ... 25% a graphic artist ... or at least 25% of my annual income is made up of works I sell ... Thanks.  glad you enjoyed my works

@Seerose @Pixey @lynxster4... many thanks ladies.  For the comments and your unwavering supports for my work over all this time

@Maximilian ... many thanks mate.  They were enjoyable to make and a test because beauty is always in the eye of the beholder

also thanks to @MJW for the rep point

I was asked to make a tut' but honestly it would be far too long winded, and it's best to follow the original and just play with blend modes and alpha masking

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been nearly 3 months since creating anything meaningful ... Now the body isn't behaving as it should and not being as mobile/dexterous as I was; the thought of being able to fuse with computers is becoming more appealing ...

Transhumanism

tranhumanism-4.png tranhumanism-3.png Trans-Humanism.png

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

The Transhumanism pieces are very well done @welshblue.  That's a good looking dude.  Is it you? 

Sorry to hear you are not feeling yourself.  I guess we just have to adapt as best we can with what life throws at us.  Growing older is some kind of punishment, I often think to myself :lol:

• Like 1

Love the Transhumanism pieces!  <3   That's something right from the SyFy channel.

Actually, it reminds me of a Netflix series I just watched, Black Mirror.  All about futurism and technology.

Some of the episodes were really creepy.  I highly recommend watching; it makes you think.

Hang in there, @welshblue, we're all getting older. The body just doesn't work like it used to.  🍺 :)

• Like 1

<3 @welshblue👍

OMG!!! 

Incredibly deep, whether that lies beyond
On another side vulnerable and emotionally portrayed, excellent.
Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

@Pixey ... many thanks ... nope not me.  As you've seen I'm not that blessed 😉 

The only part that's me is the backgounds, the faces are an amalgamation of 2 faces I found on the 'net.  I view life as a journey now, twists and turns, ups and downs, but what matters is enjoying it

@lynxster4 ... many thanks.  I'll have to give Black Mirror a watch, might not be one for my wife ... she doesn't like creepy (dunno what she's doing with me 🤣)

On 1/18/2019 at 12:25 PM, lynxster4 said:

The body just doesn't work like it used to

My consultants had a discussion about my long term care plan.  Give up alcohol ✔️ Give up smoking ✔️Give up red meat ✔️ ... now it's caffeine, cheese and butter on the veto list.  Live longer and be bored as hell 😀

@Seerose ... @Drydareelin ... @Maximilian ... @Rickhum ... many thanks guys.  I'm happy the sense/ feeling I was trying to convey came across.  Always appreciated.

(rep points when I've more)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess is my attempt at This Tutorial ... it was actually harder than I thought it would be.  Not happy with the mouth or eyes ... but by messing i was making it worse not better.

princess-2.png princess-3.png

It's an image of  My daughter super imposed.  Sort of worked .  I'm going to try another attempt with my son

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

@welshblue  I think the attempt is fantastic!  Great job!  <3  :D

I do like the second one better, though. It's sharper and more 'olden' looking.

• Like 1

Great results on both @welshblue.  I'm certainly going to give the tutorial a try 👍.  I love the one with the bookcase in the background :star:

• Like 1