welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Mortui Viventes~ 15/12/2019

Looking in now and again with baited breath. I liked the depth the reflection in the visor gave in the first piece,something in front as well as background.Looking good.

@ Sasha, Daniels, BarbieQ' and Dug ... many thanks guys.  I think this is by far the most complicated project I've started on.  In my head it seemed straight forward, but on canvas ...

Anyone any good at making arms ?

@ Sasha ... you can't compare our work.  5 years compared to a few months ?  Your work is far superior to where I was in the same timescale.  

On the photobucket links, there should be a thumbnail option ... 

If not, go to album settings and tick the option

th_sadhapb.jpg

@ Helen ... many thanks as per usual.  There may be some seams visible by the end.  ( 95 layers so far ...)

A difficult piece that may be beyond my capabilities unless I can get a handle on making decent looking arms  :unimpressed:

Really digging how buffalo soldier is coming along sir, very well executed, 95 layers so far is impressive, to me that would be a headache waiting to happen. Full marks for your creativity Welshblue. B)

If I were making it, I'd forget about the arms and say it's just armour. :smile:

I might just take that approach :lol:  Thanks BP

also many thanks Drew and skullbonz ( @ skullbonz ... title from the original wip image, more specifically the horns,  and the totally classic song by the late, great Mr. Marley)

--------------------------------------------------------

That time of year again for a dark valentines ...

Unrequited on Pg. 1

It's such a perfect little heart that I want to hold tightly in my hand. 

On second thought, it actually looks edible, so maybe I'd like to give it a try. :) Beautiful background...the texture looks like a thick fabric. 

Nice one Welshy, I like the textures, on both the heart and the background.

**The thumbnail code still not working with me in the new PB, so I am creating the traditional code, I don't want to link the album with the clickable thumb, any ideas?

Welsh, you continue to amaze me, sir.  Your skills are second to none.  I love all of your pieces, but of the newer ones, I'd have to say my favorite is:

Iron Maiden-I certainly can't fault your taste!

Has it really been over a month ...

@ NiteNurse, DrewD', Helen, BarbieQ', B'Penny, YM, Drydareelin, Dug and Red' ... many, many thanks for the comments/ kind words and continued support. Apologies for not thanking you's all earlier.

It was nice going back to the dark side of my work.  BTW ... the background of Unrequited  is done with the Seismograph plug-in.  Thanks YM

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time of opening PDN in ages and another 'dark' piece was born.  Despair.  Pretty much sums up where I'm at right now and why I've been absent for a while.  Life biting me on the arse ... 

Despair is very very good Welshblue, Very dark, awesome details and would be great as a CD cover. I hope life is better for you soon too. :)

BTW - where is the Seismograph plugin ?

Edited by sashwilko

Wow. The letters seem to actually disperse at the bottom and sides--like you've caught it in movement. The background looks like it could be an oily mixture.

Overall, a statement image! 

Sasha, once you have downloaded it you'll find it in the Stylize sub-folder.

Welshy, a most emotive piece. ...also to add, despair felt at my very core... ;)

I love the darkness, the text says so much, & the metallic feels gives a sense of strength & permanence to the emotion. Brilliant work!

Wow, Welsh. You continue to amaze me. "Despair" is a masterpiece. Your use of texture is top notch. Hope things start looking up for ya.