welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Mortui Viventes~ 15/12/2019

@ Helen ... many thanks.  The donor image seems to be all important when using Clipwarp ... and the font/ dihngbat.  Some seem to give more pleasing results than others

@ SkullBonz ... if only I could take credit for the talent in the actual artwork.  Mind blowing stuff.  Many thanks but really the credit goes to Clipwarp and the wallpaper

@ BarbieQ' ... I knew I should have made the 'orange' blue or white in the wallpaper.   Was meant to be ceramic ... as always Many thanks

@ GoonFella ... Many thanks.  The Noise.  Not intentional.   I played and played.  And then some more.   Not sure if it's my capabilities or  ... 

@ DrewD' ... Many thanks mate.  As I said to SkullBonz the lot of the credit has to go elsewhere.  Your avatar.  Every time I see it I'm not sure whether to think about darts or 2Tone ...

@ Pixey ... A cat and christmas in one of my images ??   You trying to stroke me out ?   :lightning:  :P   Joking aside, many thanks and glad you could use one and enjoy both

@ Dryda' ... Many thanks.  I was really happy with both of the clipwarp texts until Goon' pulled me up.  A confession to make now.  I voted for you for Rookie of The Year 2012.  I got that totally wrong...  

• Upvote 1

@ Dryda' ... Many thanks.  I was really happy with both of the clipwarp texts until Goon' pulled me up.  A confession to make now.  I voted for you for Rookie of The Year 2012.  I got that totally wrong...  

There was a competition on? o.o and you voted for me?! Thank you haha :D I had absolutely no idea.

Btw, what did you mean by "I totally got that wrong..."? :)

Eddie meets Clipwarp: Excellent use of the plug-in (never been a Iron Maiden fan thou). Red ochre must be so proud with everything that is being produced with his plug-in.

Wallpaper: Just how I like my wallpapers, minimal and dark, the darker the better so I can see my desktop.

Nice work on both pieces.

• Upvote 1

There was a competition on? o.o and you voted for me?! Thank you haha :D I had absolutely no idea.

Btw, what did you mean by "I totally got that wrong..."? :)

Totally wrong as in I thought you'd joined early last year.  I was only 12 months out ... 

@ Dug ... many thanks.  I like a dark wallpaper too.  Although most of the time my desktop is so cluttered I can't see it :lol:

Clipwarp has produced loads of great variations as lots of people have shown.  It's one of those addictive things - you've got to try it on something ...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffalo Soldier ... inspired by This

i can't draw to save my life but want to see if I can do something similar using shapes, textures and plug-ins ( I know the helmet texture isn't matching the body texture but as the image grows and gets smaller, I'm hoping that I'll be able to get them complimenting each other )

This is incredible, Welsh. I really don't know what else to say. You created a masterpiece. It looks so real as if someone IS behind the visor. Very life-like. 

Exceptional work of art. I still don't agree with you that you can't draw. This image shows the exact opposite. ;)

Edited by HELEN
  • Upvote 1

OH BOY! I love this! The helmet texture does not have to match the body. It sure is broody. I just adore the stone wall at the back. There is something about the way you do that stone that just blows me away. This is going to be a fantastic outcome. The metal work is just splendid. SO many variations in the texture making it almost alive. Well done, Welshy!

• Upvote 1

Indeed this is amazing, welshy, can't add to what have already been said, the textures, 3D, shadows/highlight and the backgouuuunnnnnd are all excellent, even to this stage it looks complete to me, can't wait to see additions.

Just not so keen on the strips of the horns, they have an egyptian look :P, or that is what meant to be?

Well done mate.

• Upvote 1

Only to repeat all that's posted above here with regards - Buffalo Soldier - A top prize creation even at the w.i.p stage. nice one B)

• Upvote 1

@ b'Penny, Helen, BarbieQ' and YM ... many thanks guys.  I'm pleased you didn't find the different textures off putting.  

I agree about the horns YM ... they stayed in because of the working title when I started the project moons ago.  Better without ?

Honestly I don't think I can draw in the traditional sense - more a case of fabrication ... as in loads of plug-in punching  :evillaugh:

th_buffalowithout.jpg

edit ... many thanks DD.  Hopefully I'll finish it this year :lol:

(@ b'Penny ... I've hit my quota for Rep points to give ... I won't forget you tomorrow ...)

Edited by welshblue

@ DrewD' ... Your avatar.  Every time I see it I'm not sure whether to think about darts or 2Tone ...

Sorry for just picking up on this Welshblue, I hope it looks more two tone than darts - I was pretty nimble back in the day of the nutty dance :lol:

Sorry for just picking up on this Welshblue, I hope it looks more two tone than darts - I was pretty nimble back in the day of the nutty dance :lol:

Maybe I was thinking of both ... http://www.wieboekikwaar.nl/files/admin_darrylfitton.jpg

If I tried any sort of dance now I'd be pretty nutty ... and most probably in A & E :lol:

Well here I was thinking maybe someone else might win King of paint dot net this year and you release Buffalosoldier.  Great work on all your recent ones ( sorry it's been so long since I commented ) 

Buffalosoldier - Fantastic textures all round especially on the chest and shoulders :) ( has the head piece been posted before ? )

Brighterpiece - Very different for you and again implemented well ( even though there are a few jaggies on the W ;) )

• Upvote 1

Well here I was thinking maybe someone else might win King of paint dot net this year and you release Buffalosoldier. 

It's early days yet ... 

Good spot.  Parts of the helmet have been posted before but had a face made in Sculptris, which didn't go together too well IMO.

The jagged 'W' ... again good spot.  i had to look at it again to see it - what can I say ... at 46 i'm a bit rough around the edges  :evillaugh:

Thanks for the visit and comments mate.  Appreciated as always

DrewDale I can't help but see Hawkeye every time I see your avi, the eyes and around are hidden by the glasses, but yeah everytime I scroll a new page I stop and do a double-take scroll when I see it xD.

And welsh very nice Buffalo Soldier! :D

Edited by NinjaManDan21
  • Upvote 1

Buffalo soldier looks mighty impressive even at this stage, I look forward to the final product. :)

By the way - how do you get the hidden content thing to happen ? also the smaller images that open to a larger one ? I would like to hide some of my stuff to make it easy for folk to look through my gallery who don't have mega gigabytes to spare.

• Upvote 1

jawdrop.gif    I is just speechless and in awe of Buffalo Soldier!

• Upvote 1

@ Sasha and Pixey ... many thanks.  Hopefully the update is worth it ...

@ Sasha - to hide things [ spoiler]  [ /spoiler].(without the gaps between the bracket thingies).   to have clickable thumbnails use the thumbnail link in photobucket 

------------------------------------------------------------

A bit more added to the W.I.P. on pg 1

Edited by welshblue

W.I.P is getting along really well Welshblue. I would pay good money to have half of your talent. I do look forward to the finished product. :)

by the way - I have three different thumbnail things in photobucket (some are IMG others are direct link) do I use IMG or direct?