welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Mortui Viventes~ 15/12/2019

I love the Tones one...rich warm wood lovingly lathed & polished to perfection. Adorable. Great idea with the barometer too...wish I had one like that :)

Oh, man that wood is so gorgeous, in both of them, the barometer is amazing, love the background choice as well.

I am sure the excellent highlighting/shadowing work on the tones added a great effect to the super realistic wood texture.

Edited by yellowman

I'm shaking my head in disbelief yet once again! Welsh, you may need to check with your doctor. I'm not sure you're human. Shhh...I think that you might be a super high-intelligence being. ;) I'm blown away with how real the barometer looks and the wood texture. Oh my gosh. Unbelievable!

An amazing likeness to the real thing Welshy. You do these so very, very well.

Simply stunning Welshy. Your wood is the best in the business but it`s all the little details on the faces and temp. gauge which make all the difference. Great piece of work.

If there is one thing I would change its the straight sections below. I think they would look nicer if they were curved to suit the sides. You could still retain the temp gauge as it is. It would just mean everything blends in better with the rest of the instrument which is nice and curvy - like page 3! :lol:

2 more great pieces but then what did I expect when I clicked on your gallery ;) I have just replaced one of barbieq's images with your "air cooled" one for the wallpaper of my PS3 and it looks gorgeous on a big screen. Had a little laugh at Goonfellas comment "Your wood is the best in the business" :) Keep it up ;)

I have said it before but I am going to say it again, I just love the warmth your wood gives off.Barometer, because of the wood, looks like it has been cleaned,polished,loved for years.I think the background wallpaper helps towards that effect.Nice one.

What?! I've been replaced with Welshy?? Nooooo! :lol: Minners, how could you?

Interestingly, I have one of his on my pc & have often had one of his images on my pc. There is something about his images that really resonate with me. <3

Last 2 sentences are a crack up Minners...

I'd intended thanking you guys a lot sooner but where is the time going ? It's scary

@ RedBeard, Jim, Red Ochre, BarbieQ', Yellowman, Helen, Nanette, Goon', Minners, Dug, Skullbonz, Drydareelin ... many thanks guys, glad you liked the barometer but the more I look at it the less happy I am ... I really should have made the dial ceramic instead of polished steel. And taken more time to make a more convincing hand. On the plus side - very happy with how the wood texture distorts

@ Sozo ... thanks mate ... I slip the odd space scene in still trying to hit the heights of you and Goon'

Last 2 sentences are a crack up Minners...

I'll keep it up mate ... on 14 tablets a day now. The last thing I want is to take a lil' blue one ...

The next image is part 1 of the challenge Goonfella set for me here Click

Nice start Welshy. I prefer your record label. Looks much nicer the the red one in the tut. Yours is probably better music as well! :D

I think maybe the vinyl record needs to be a bit glossier to bring out the plasticiness though. Nice background .

Now for part 2.

Your latest piece is simply amazing! There is so much to take in and I enjoy all the different aspects of it - all the textures and shading and colors, etc.. Totally cool.

I don't know if you ever saw a statement image and it made your heart sort of stop for a second. That's how I felt when I saw it. I'm in awe, Welsh. Your talent is incredible! I'm glad to know a person like you. :)

@ DD ... thanks on both counts mate.   Making wooden textures can be time and layer consuming but being a bit of a perfectionist I've always believed time spent is always reflected in final outcomes no matter what you're doing

@ Goon' ... agreed the record could be a bit more vinyly.  Will see what I can do for the final image ... love this challenge mate 

@ Jim ... as always mate ... thanks very much.  Sometimes it's little details like textures etc that can lift an image.  Plus I hate to think how many hours (wasted ?) practicing ?

@ Helen ... I'm giving up PDN.  No way I want to be responsible for killing off the reigning queen of PDN.  Awe works multiple ways ... 

@ Ella ... thank you very much.  Ditto on your work, always thought inspiring ... in fact my latest project is based on your inspiration ... 

Thanks guys

I adore the record! The colour, the placement, the shadows, all of the elements work so well. While they are disjointed, they link in - future, past, present. Awesome!!!

Very, very good result with the record Welshy - it brings back memories of days too far back :)  I can almost feel the record in my hands.

Your sig...love it! Of course now I want one of those to wear for Christmas too. Still looking for the transfer paper so I can make a Tshirt with the other one  ;) I love your wickedness :P