welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Mortui Viventes~ 15/12/2019

nice, where can i get those plugins though?

Pyrochilds plug in is where it's at .. I have one Q though welshy , how do you get the text to look 3d ? Did you make the 3d text first ?

He used the trail plugin O.O

It does the trails to make it look 3D

Very cool.

Question though, how do you texture the 3D ? When I use trail I just get solid colour.

Anywho, VERY nicely done! Slick :D

Thanks everyone, really glad you enjoyed them.

After having checked with the good man himself, I'll start on a quick tut' laters.  hopefully it'll explain all the questions above, plus a few tips away from text  ;)

I await it excitedly. With baited breath (no I do NOT eat worms).

Don't get tooo excited until you try to decipher it ... and hope you didn't turn blue holding your breath ...

Trail Tut'

YAAAAWOOTAGEYAYAYA! *Cough*

... I hope that's not contagious.  I've heard of Swine Flu and Bird Flu but Monkey Flu sounds pretty serious too.

Thanks Barbieq' ... Following on in the same vein, it doesn't have to be text for good results (@ least I think they are ...)

Metal Mayhem

th_MetalMayhem.jpg

Colour Ur Mind

th_ColourUrMind.jpg

Edited by welshblue

I love these works as noted on DA. The metal is fabulous! Did I tell you I love metal? First one is just gorgeous. Love the different colours in the metal & the shapes. Really, really lovely!

The second one reminds me of old pinball machines. I like this one too. Great use of the cogs.

I have tried the Trail plugin just need some time to finish a piece that I started with. Now that I got another assignment out of the way might do it now.

Great work!

You are certainly blazing a trail with this new plug in Welshy. These two pic are superb. Great metal texture and I love the cogs. I was thinking of doing something with them but it looks like you beat me to it! :D

@ csm' ... thanks.  The galleria ?  I dunno, there's a few rough edges I've got to finish ... if I can find the layers.

@ chrisco' ... thanks.

@ Soka' ... thanks ...  PeterPawn has asked for a How To, I'll send it to you

@ Goon' ... thanks mate.  It's a great plug-in.  And it's teaching me new tricks with other plug-ins.  Glad you liked them mate.  I thought the cog one was going to kill my pc.  Definitely the most layers I've ever used. (what happened to the Gunners today ... )

@ BarbieQ' ... thanks.  I'm glad you enjoyed them.  Great idea about a pinball machine .... metal is a great thing to work with.

No matter what ...

th_Nomatterwhat2.jpg 

Edited by welshblue

wonderful new image mate spot on with the metallic look. Also this new forum i found that the page numbers differ by person depending on how they have the forum settings. I decided to just start updating the first page so i don't confuse people by my thread title by stating a page number they may not see.

'Metal Mayhem' and 'Color Ur Mind' are so awesome! I agree with barbieq that the more colorful one looks like a pinball machine. I'm in awe looking at your work. You never cease to amaze me and always looking forward to viewing more of your work. Your latest image is not only meaningful but is portrayed very well with the composition. The background is superb as well. Beautiful and fantastic work (as always and I mean it). ;)

@ Chad, BarbieQ', Soka' and Helen

Thanks guys, as always very much appreciated.   It was one of those images that came together whilst I was just messing around ... especially with Blend Modes.

Page numbers ... my outlook is, if people are that interested they'll make a lil' effort to have a look @ new work; God knows I put enough effort into everything I make.  

Although, let's face it, it's usually the faithful ol' regulars, as the stats for the past week show.  Almost a 1,000 views and maybe 10 comments.  I'm not so sure that the forum is geared up with the people who want to comment on things which are just Paint.Net made anymore.   It's certainly changed in the not quite 2 years that I've been here.  Helen's gallery being a good example of my thinking.  Maybe it is more of a meeting place now where people can come together in just talk about anything threads ... Plus looking @ the stats again, there are other places where my work goes down better ... so what to do ?  I really don't know 

... I do know I won't abandon this place, just maybe be a bit selective how much and what I post here, depending on how I think it'll go down ... 

There's also the pssibility that I'm deluding myself  :lol:

Edited by welshblue

I hear ya, Welshy but then I get someone new look at my work & tell me I've inspired them. Guess that is why I keep it up here.

Common sense & common courtesy died together...I look & comment & I expect the same back. Reciprocity hard to spell & even harder to get. NOt limited to this forum either. Eternally optimistic but geez, it gets damn soggy at times.

Ya know, the sig thing...yeah,,, me too but MY way! Good idea!

I used to be exactly like yourself Barbie ... to always try and comment on the new people's stuff, but to be honest, I got so fed up of being ignored in reply posts, I couldn't be bothered to waste my time anymore.  I'm a big believer in giving something back, no matter what I'm doing ... one of the reasons I became a football coach ... and I'm so grateful for Oma taking me under her wing, I've always tried to help newbies by sending the odd file ... and going back to what you said about courtesy ... with about a 50% thank you's rate, I really do think twice who I help now.

Maybe I'm not geared up to be on a forum where there's so many age groups ?

Dunno Welshy, it's like that in life outside the forum too. Whatever happened to please & thank you?

I've gotten a lot more choosy too. Every now & then the old self kicks back in & I remember why I don't bother sometimes. Today, I had 2 wins in that regard...makes me wonder if we need to explain what courtesy means in the rules & tell everyone that if someone makes a comment bleeding well say thank you & visit their gallery! If I get a comment, I look at the person's gallery to judge whether they make a valid point or are they just being bitchy. Even if I don't like the STYLE of art, there is usually something nice I can say.

I like to give back too but I also like to pay it forward.

I'm gonna make a sig! Gotta work on the Light comp too, whichever one that was...

Yes Welsh, this forum is becoming more of a cafe than a museum of art. At least you got 1,000 views. I get maybe 5-10 a day and that is what stops me from using Paint.NET and posting here.

And I remember back then, when I PM'ed you about gears and about textures and you, without hesitation, gave me two .pdn's, just like that. I'll never forget it.

Edited by csm725

I don't mind the chit chat but for crying out loud if you visit a gallery, leave a comment. If someone has the decency to upkeep a gallery, then damn well go & look - you might learn something & you just might like what you see!

Cripes! That should go in the rants section & we have hijacked Welshy's gallery too.

WOW...you guys couldn't have said it better! ;)

------

Welshblue, I love the rings. It really looks like one of Oma's old pieces. But it is AWESOME! Very realistic metallic look.