welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ Arthurian~ 12/12/2019

It looks like it's a warm planet. I mean, because the colors look so warm. I'd like to go to that planet of yours. Nice job!!!! :P

@ Storm.Shadow ... for the wood I make 3/4 varying 'grain' effect layers and blend them in. Glow and Soften Portrait help to get warmer wood tones and for the knotty look I add a new layer, use clouds @ Scale: 800 Roughness: 25 (both those are subject to experimenting :) )

and then use the Height Map to Normal plug-in, usually I sepia it then play around until I get a look I'm happy with. (Lower alpha numbers on the cloud I haven't tried :idea: )

I've started to write a tut' but it's such a convuluted process at the moment I thought I'd give a quick summary.

Have a mess around 'cos it's all trial and error and beauty in the eye of the holder :lol:

Eg. Relief/ Emboss etc can give quite a nice really rough sawn look

I hope that helps ?

I got your PM and I honestly don't know how to send PM :oops:. Would you be so kind to send me an instruction or point me to a thread that helps? I feel like a complete idiot for asking.

Sozo, the example you posted above, did you make that? Its awesome smudging/brushing. :shock:

Yep, It's clouds, dents, and sharpening with some smudging thrown in there.

Oh i thought it looked like something Alyn or Greg Martin etc. made.. lol (thats a compliment in itself :P )

Welshblue, the lighting on the planet is better, and coming along nicely. Try not to "embed" the lighting on the texture though, and make the shadow darker. Increase its opacity. ;) For the light, take a look at planets on dA and see the difference. The lighting on your planet looks like its embedded, when it shouldn't be embedded too much. I hope that made sense.. :|:P

Starfield is looking much better! Glad you used my sparkle tut, i knew it would come in handy one day. :)

I wouldn't blur the larger stars, they're supposed to be more in focus than the smaller ones. :P

Thankyou for your post welshblue, I think you have a nice gallery :) Im working whit new pics all day long.. and i hope i'll get more ideas from peoples what i should create. the new sig was a failure, but i did make it look better than i tought i could make it :D

@ LFC', GoonFella and Helen, thanks your input is always appreciated; but I'm giving 'space' up for a week or so. I really need to swot up on tuts etc ... and frankly it's doing my head in :x My fault for not watching any science fiction films :)

(LFC' - The master plan for the stars is to build up a lot of layers :wink: )

@ Storm.Shadow ... I guess you've sussed out PM's :!: :D

@ AmadeusX ... I really liked the sigs I commented on. Keep up the good work and I'm glad you enjoyed looking around my gallery :D

PDN Time? is inspired by WorldsNewer's fob watch (I will include a link) and using the background from another image can only be good for the enviroment by me recycling my png's :)

clock3.png

@ LFC', GoonFella and Helen, thanks your input is always appreciated; but I'm giving 'space' up for a week or so. I really need to swot up on tuts etc ... and frankly it's doing my head in :x My fault for not watching any science fiction films :)

@ AmadeusX ... I really liked the sigs I commented on. Keep up the good work and I'm glad you enjoyed looking around my gallery :D

PDN Time? is inspired by WorldsNewer's fob watch (I will include a link) and using the background from another image can only be good for the enviroment by me recycling my png's :)

clock3.png

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I am pleased with your watch. It's gorgeous, outstanding, magnificent, awesome, and beautiful! I bet you this piece was time-consuming ( :lol: ) Nice job, Welshblue!

I added a new image in my gallery if you want to see it.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I am pleased with your watch. It's gorgeous, outstanding, magnificent, awesome, and beautiful! I bet you this piece was time-consuming ( :lol: ) Nice job, Welshblue!

I added a new image in my gallery if you want to see it.

clock3.png

Nice work there. I would use PM if I could use it. For some reason you got to send it as XML or Excel, and I'm like ???????

clock3.png

Nice work there. I would use PM if I could use it. For some reason you got to send it as XML or Excel, and I'm like ???????

@ Goonfella ... thanks. It wasn't intentionally tortoise shell, but it is now :lol: (***Of course no real tortoises were harmed in the making of this image)

@ Helen ... thanks for the 39 :o smileys, but I think it's only worth 38 :P:lol:

and a confession - it took me 24 hrs to get the 'time consuming joke' :oops: :oops:

@Storm.Shadow ... thanks, RE: the PM's, compose PM, enter recipient's name and submit ... I think. I'll check later and send you a PM :P

Now I've got the watch dial etc I think I'll make a watch complete with bracelet strap :?:

It took this long to make the watch/ clock

Hidden Content:
clock.gif

I know the quality is crappy - I tried making it an APNG but it only plays in my browser not when I upload to PB :?

@ Goonfella ... thanks. It wasn't intentionally tortoise shell, but it is now :lol: (***Of course no real tortoises were harmed in the making of this image)

@ Helen ... thanks for the 39 :o smileys, but I think it's only worth 38 :P:lol:

and a confession - it took me 24 hrs to get the 'time consuming joke' :oops: :oops:

@Storm.Shadow ... thanks, RE: the PM's, compose PM, enter recipient's name and submit ... I think. I'll check later and send you a PM :P

Now I've got the watch dial etc I think I'll make a watch complete with bracelet strap :?:

It took this long to make the watch/ clock

Hidden Content:
clock.gif

I know the quality is crappy - I tried making it an APNG but it only plays in my browser not when I upload to PB :?

welshblue, it looks really good, i like the gold-ish box the clock is on. Nice job on the animation too. :wink:

the clock looks a bit flat though, needs shadowing where appropriate. :wink:

welshblue, it looks really good, i like the gold-ish box the clock is on. Nice job on the animation too. :wink:

the clock looks a bit flat though, needs shadowing where appropriate. :wink:

clock3.png

Well i've tested of creating a watch:

http://r6.se/temp/amadeusx/MyWatch.jpg

And in Shape3D:

http://r6.se/temp/amadeusx/MyWatch2.jpg

clock3.png

Well i've tested of creating a watch:

http://r6.se/temp/amadeusx/MyWatch.jpg

And in Shape3D:

http://r6.se/temp/amadeusx/MyWatch2.jpg

@ Helen ... thanks for the 39 :o smileys, but I think it's only worth 38

and a confession - it took me 24 hrs to get the 'time consuming joke'

You deserve all of the 39 smilies and it's all right it took you 24 hours to understand my joke. I would've explained if I needed to. I really admire the animated watch; it's wicked cool!!!!! 8)

@ Helen ... thanks for the 39 :o smileys, but I think it's only worth 38

and a confession - it took me 24 hrs to get the 'time consuming joke'

You deserve all of the 39 smilies and it's all right it took you 24 hours to understand my joke. I would've explained if I needed to. I really admire the animated watch; it's wicked cool!!!!! 8)

Nice attempt at the clocks/ watches AmadeusX. the 3D one is quite an interesting abstract :D

Thanks LFC' and Helen - Fair points about the animation LFC', I'll work on it some more, adding shadows to the frames and basically trying to get it looking a cleaner and shinier .gif

(the apng looks a lot better :? )

The 'box' is recycled from Mr.Darkside then using Sepia 2 with an upper layer of blurred orange.

A technique I'll use again I think :)

Thinking about it, my sig and avatar are re-cycled from the same image :)

Nice attempt at the clocks/ watches AmadeusX. the 3D one is quite an interesting abstract :D

Thanks LFC' and Helen - Fair points about the animation LFC', I'll work on it some more, adding shadows to the frames and basically trying to get it looking a cleaner and shinier .gif

(the apng looks a lot better :? )

The 'box' is recycled from Mr.Darkside then using Sepia 2 with an upper layer of blurred orange.

A technique I'll use again I think :)

Thinking about it, my sig and avatar are re-cycled from the same image :)

great job on that clock! you've been really pushing the level of your artwork up a notch or two lately. Its getting hard to keep up with you. :lol: You are giving me a run for my money! :lol:

always enjoy looking at your gallery you have some real innovative ideas!

ciao OMA