welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ Arthurian~ 12/12/2019

Nice work on the record. I haven't seen one in a long time so I can't really comment on how vinyl-y it looks. Love the background too.

Great Xmas sig. You should put it on a Tshirt and wear it around a shopping centre. :P

Bring back vinyl nothing can replace it.You have really put your own stamp on that tutorial and made it play some cool sounds.

Put me down for your sig T shirt as well.Wicked!

I looked on google earth street view (Maybury road/Stanley road , Woking, Surrey), for the road sign - it's gone! :roll:

Great work on the record. I saw the original tut - got to admire your patience - and an impressive outcome.

Put that sign back when your finished with it mate! :lol:

Amazing result Welshy, love the details and colors, and the background as well,

you just need a wider black outside edge, you know, where you drop the cartridge at the beginning ;)

EDIT, Sorry for the late comment, my IS was off for almost a week..but I was seeing everything on my phone.

Edited by yellowman

I see how you are, Welsh, showing me up on the whole vinyl record thing.  No, don't deny it, you're not fooling me.  You did it just to make me look bad.  

All kidding aside, your works continue to amaze me.  It should be noted that your technical prowess on PDN is matched only by your creativity.  The way you've blended the technologies of the past and present illustrates this.  

I agree with Goonfella that a little more shine on the vinyl would really make it pop.  Other than that, it's another masterpiece beautifully executed.

I'm still waiting for you to do one of RoboCop...

• Upvote 1

@ BarbieQ', B'Penny and Dug ... maybe some fairy lights around the text on the anti-christmas T-shirt ? Many thanks guys

(@ BarbieQ' ... I've still got the large .png of the S - You design if you ever need it ;) )

@ Sasha ... many thanks. Not sure about 'lifelike' ... more my take on realism :lol:

@ Nanette ... many thanks. I'm old fashioned but IMO you can't beat the feel and sound of vinyl. And vinyl album covers always look much cooler than their cd counterparts.

@ Red O' ... many thanks mate. The road sign ? The price of scrap metal is so good I sold it to help pay for the T-shirts ...

@ YM ... many thanks mate. Good call on the edge ... I hadn't noticed before. My bad.

@ Red B' ... :lol: Never mate. And thanks. The idea of it all is all thanks to the PS tut' from GoonFella ( Who I must say thank you again to for a great challenge)

RoboCop ... you sketch a head on view of him and I'll fill in the blanks ?

@ SAND33P ... many thanks. Not  'incredible' but I always accept kind words :lol: Plus a lot of thanks has to go to forum users past and present who have contributed in so many ways to my learning things

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella's Zen ... http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25550-zen-stones/'> This tutorial is the inspiration behind it. Thanks Ella

• Upvote 1

Ella's Zen stones is an incredible work that is atmospheric & emotive. A work of opposites - reflecting life. I love how you have layers in the image, as in the frames. Well done!

Oh my gosh! This is an incredible scenery! The background looks just like a photo--I can't believe it. Well, I can believe it because you created this, but it's just beyond phenomenal. The sand dune texture is wow! And what a fitting border, too, Welsh. Oh, and the lens flare is amazing. I told you. That's the proof that it's a real photo.

Very good take on a desert scene and it does look amazingly real.  Those stones are incredible, as are the dunes.  I just noticed this here and it's 'wow' B) .

@ BarbieQ', Helen, Goon', Nanette and Drydareelin ... many thanks guys.  As always the support is very much appreciated

Hoping you's all have a great Christmas

@ B'Penny ... many thanks.   The lighting is thanks to the Cross Processing plug-in, I'd never used it before and it gives some great results

@ Goon' and Helen ... it's been and gone ... I'll have to change my sig :lol:

@ Goon' ... win after win and Benitez will still never be accepted :lol:

Thanks Dug.  You're a gent.  The sky is thanks to gradients, brushes and blend modes

Happy New Year to all who have supported me on here this past 12 months.  Your comments and critiques are more appreciated than I can put across in words.

You guys are the driving force behind my work.  Diolch

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

th_zenith.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstracts

th_aircooled.png th_toripurple.png th_tormenttoruses.png th_notmanyshadesofgrey.png th_sodinfinity.png th_spiderlight.png

th_modernart3.png th_trojanmisconception1.png th_alice.png th_noprejudices.png th_oDDONEOUTpng2.png th_UpsandDowns-1.png

th_InformationHighway.png th_Fizz.png th_Rage.png th_Indecision.jpg th_swarf.png th_cranberrycrush.jpg

th_AntiGlossy.jpg th_sleepingcity.jpg th_betablokas.png th_Embryo.png th_2edit.png th_1edit.png

th_PaperPlanes2.png th_BetweenARock.png th_BurntOut.png th_candystripe.jpg th_STRAASABAW.jpg th_geneticengineering2.jpg

th_hope3.jpg th_SideEffects.png th_fossil-1.png th_valentinecomp.png th_bbqtut-1.jpg th_innerselfaotw-1.png

th_innerMind.jpg th_bluedreams-1.png th_lovewilltearusapart2.png th_HeadShot.png th_corridor.jpg  th_Thickskinned.jpg

th_nab3.png th_oma2.png th_celticknot.png th_Itsover2.jpg th_Itsover.jpg th_MetalMayhem.jpg

th_tearsarenotenough.jpg th_NervousEnergy.jpg th_genepool.jpg th_LostWorlds.png th_Bronchitis.jpg th_paintingbynumbers.png

Cars

th_WB1doingmyheadin.jpg th_WB1Finished.png th_PDN1.png th_Tangerinedream-1.png th_carrear.png

th_backontrack2.png th_goingnowhere2.png

Factory Series

th_MetalFatgue-1.jpg th_factorywip14.jpg th_TheFactory.jpg th_workshop.png

Jewellery

th_Cameo2smaller.png th_ScrapMetal.png th_FromtheRough.png th_mirrormirror-1.png th_talisman-1.jpg th_fireandbrimstone.png

th_scarab.png th_4EverBrite.png th_Strangestone.png th_WelshRed.jpg th_Nomatterwhat.jpg th_jaded.png

Rainbow Girls

th_PassionatePurple.png th_RedHot.png th_greengoddess.png th_electricblue.png th_prettyinpink-1.png

Realistic (ish)

th_goonschallenge1.png th_barometer.png th_lastcowboysong2.png th_speakno-1.png th_stoneddeaf.png th_Abridgetoofar.png

th_psychokiller.png th_Elementary2.jpg th_largerr2dt.jpg th_BadLoser-1.png th_keyholesurgeryredjohn.jpg th_alwaysatear.jpg

th_Indie.pngth_ministryofSound.png th_Precious.jpg

th_Valhalla.png th_newsword.jpg th_1stcut.jpg th_burntmatch.jpg th_lighter3.jpg th_smile.jpg

th_medievaledit3.png th_clock3.png th_energy.png

Scenes

th_Wonders.png th_sunset.jpg th_submarine.png th_pebbles.png th_Insomnia.png th_isurrender.jpg

th_thelull.png th_waterfeature4.jpg th_Maintainance.jpg th_CSTWFTT2.jpg th_RememberanceCollab.png th_ShipwreckAlley.jpg

Space

th_Which%20way%20the%20wind%20blows_zpsc th_GoonInspired-1.png th_cargo.png th_gooninspired2.png th_theinvasion-1.jpg th_spaceship1pdncontest.jpg

Tools & Parts

th_broken.jpg th_Shrapnel2.png th_stan.jpg th_Thepastundone.png th_stilsontrail.jpg th_woodcuttersson.jpg

th_RingSpanners.png th_shaft2.jpg th_bearingup.jpg th_onthelevel.jpg th_Hammer.jpg th_sparkplug.jpg th_Untitled.jpg

th_Setsquare.jpg

Wood

th_Tones_zpsdbb86a83.jpg th_twisted_zpscd0b5862.png th_pyrography.png th_mahogany.jpg  th_grainedwood.jpg th_boxoftricks.jpg

th_newwood6.jpg th_newwood3.jpg th_splinteredwood.jpg th_sherlock.jpg th_screwu.png

th_originalebay2.jpg th_beafraid.jpg th_hardpressed.jpg th_woodtexture.jpg

Very nice Picture:)  your woodstyle remember me of the maps from ut99.

great!

• Upvote 1

th_zenith.png
Wow that is an amazing image. Great work especially on the background. The clouds and mountains/rock terrain in the back look amazing. Great job.

• Upvote 1

Now I have to wonder what ut99 is... :)

it's a video game - Unreal Tournament

@ matt0815 ... thanks.  After looking at some screenshots - I'm flattered

@ JF ... thanks mate.  I think I over did the Dents but many thanks for the kind words.  The beauty of keeping old files is that you can copy and paste :lol:

Again many thanks for the feedback folks.  Glad you's enjoyed it

-----------------------------------------------------

A new year - a new start.  All good intentions are to produce more cheerful works ... but we'll see how long that lasts :lol:

Bright Start on pg1

Welsh, it's a beauty! LOVE the paint-like splatters all over your name. The maroon color on white is a great color combination. I know that I've been wanting to do something in PDN and that was to fix my banner. I think it will be my next project. Great job, Welsh! :)

• Upvote 1