welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ Arthurian~ 12/12/2019

Ahhhh - just love those three textures. Didn't know I could like looking at a 'texture' for pleasure :smile: .

P.S. So agree with your present signature statement :lightning:

I noticed the sig a few days ago and I was like, is that really Welshy's? And indeed. It was! It's really nice. And not because it's pink, well, partly, but because it's such a neat design like it was done on fabric.

Three very nice freebies,the texture is so detailed.Appreciate the share.

Twisted: This reminds me of an old stereogram my family had,I think it's the pattern between the wood that does it.(speaker grills).In fact the whole image is making me reminisce,the fence,the gateway into the country,Ive been there.Anyway I love the warmth you seem to create when you do wood, it gives this piece such a great atmosphere.Nice one.

The wood in the foreground has the most fabulous feel to it. It looks great but it is twisted in gut-wrenching agony. & behind that are things that look quite normal but there is a darkness & unspeakable things that lurk there. Thorny spiky fence, yes, so appropriate. Metal mesh also appropriate & long forgotten, disused paths. All so meaningful.

Yeah. Appropriate.

Welsh, I thought after than many years of seeing your work I wouldn't be "newly" surprised. I'm wrong. Each time you create a masterpiece. And yes, I used the word "masterpiece" purposely. The woodwork is just utterly stunning. It's incredible what you can do. The compositions are always excellent. I love the way you left the gate open in the background. It gives an eerie feeling that someone left it open intentionally. I love the leafless trees. The wooden fence is a little withered and gives it an abandoned look. The polished wood in the foreground is unbelievable and each of the wood piece has a different pattern to it. Superb composition, Welsh!

Fantastic new image Welshblue and very creative was it all done in PDN ( the fence, gate and trees ) If so then my mind has officially been blown ( insert smiley face with top of head blown off )

Twisted is so realistically woody, and it simply glows - like it's recently been polished. Amazing piece Welshy - and just in time for Halloween :black:

Hi Welshy, it`s been a while now. Hope you are doin` alright. :)

Once again I`m in awe of the quality of your work. Textures are are superb. I don`t think I have seen anyone who can create wood textures like you can. The shine on the polished wood is perfect.

@ Dug, Jim, BarbieQ, Helen, Minners, Kemaru, Nanette, YM and Goon' ... many thanks guys.

Wood really isn't so hard if you can get a nice starting texture and a good base texture to overlay it on. And I must be honest. Nearly 5 years of experimenting makes it a bit easier

Your kind words are noted and appreciated

@ Minners ... yep to it being all PDN ... the background image is from an old image I made

@ Goon' ... how the devil are ya. I've missed our banter on Football mate. Will catch up with you on here or Fans very soon

---------------------------------------------

Another abstract. Air-Cooled.

Working with an old file I found from the Rainbow Girls series and putting thoughts and files from today, with then

BTW ... am working on that tut' I promised, just trying to make it as small as possible before publishing. It's got too many screenshots and about 10 to go ... the long preview HERE

Love the Air Cooled one. Might have to borrow that when we start stripping down the motor in the 400/4. At least we have the engine out of the frame & the sump off.

Re-working old images is great because you just know that you are not finished with it because there are so many images & possibilities in a creation (does that make sense?) Imagine if we were working on a physical canvas - we would find it very hard to do that :)

Another fabulous piece. :) The center part looks like a fan, maybe, and the colors and the foggy-like pattern gives it a cool (as in temperature) look.

@ Jim, Helen, BarbieQ' and Drydareelin

Thanks guys for the comments and for taking the time ... the time people take to comment is an important part of the boards IMO and goes a long ways

I find a minimalistic abstract a good way of getting away from chaos in actual life

Edited by welshblue

Air Cooled:Amazing what you can do with just shades of grey and hi-lights in the in the right place.Old files,revamped eye candy.Nice one. :smile:

Love Air Cooled Welshy. The fan in the centre looks great. Textures/shadows are faultless as usual. You can just imagine the air whooshing away after going through the cooler. I would love to see this animated like I did with my fan. Only yours would be spinning a lot faster!

I`ve been fine Welshy. Spent quite a bit of time on Microsoft Flight recently, but MS dumping it and stopping all development so soon after releasing it kind of puts you off. It`s only the fact that I spent money on it that keeps me from getting rid of it. I still fly occasionally but not nearly as much as before.

I try not to think about football at the moment. Seven against Reading but when we face a decent team we are hopeless. Can`t understand why Wenger would drop Walcot they way he did when he only just scored a hat trick in that game. Play him as a striker like he always wanted. I would not be at all surprised if he left at the end of the season like RVP did. And I would not blame him, I would blame Wenger.

Hate to say but I think your lot are looking good for another title shot this season.

Another amazing piece @Welshy. It reminds me of a turbo engine on a giant aeroplane. Very shiny and sharp at the same time :)

I have always watched your gallery as a lurker, now that I have become a member I can only say just how impressed I am with all of your works, your objects and tools are amazing Welshblue, someday perhaps my work will reach your level of excellence :)

@ dug, Nanette and Goon' ... thanks guys. I wasn't sure if the abstract air flow would work with a realistic (ish) fan but happy others agree it looks OK. Ta for the comments.

@ Goon' ... sadly I'm not so sure the blues have enough this year. A great start but they seem to have a few misfiring cylinders ... like letting that gobshite Suarez equaliser today. What is it about his face that I just want to punch and punch ?

@ DrewDale ... many thanks for those kind words, they genuinely mean a lot to me. Just remember - if I can do it anyone can :scanner:

-----------------------------------------------------

Playing around with more wood textures got me this

http://www.deviantart.com/download/333208196/tones_by_pdnwelsh-d5idt38.png

... I messed around with the same technique and Fair Weather Friend on page 1 was born. The background is a stock I did a bit with, and the original dial was this Click

Man, Welsh, you continue to amaze me! The barometer is freakin' AWESOME! And Air Cooled! Fantastic! And while I generally don't go for abstract images too much, I have to admit I do enjoy looking at yours. You prove with every new project that you are a master of the medium.

Edited by RedBeard