welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ Arthurian~ 12/12/2019

Welsh, yeah, about technology. I think that technology is definitely going too far. I don't like how people stick their noses into their iPhones or cell phones--no communication between each other whatsoever. I don't like how people forgot about pencil and paper. I just think technology has gone way too far.

Besides the point, about the image you created. Okay. So this is what I did (it might be a bit weird). I opened it in another window and since I was doing other tasks on the computer, I minimized the window and went back and forth from working to looking at the image. I'm stunned. You created a different dimension with this image. An absolute beauty, Welsh. I really like the light flare in the middle and the lens flares, too. I was thinking this could be a very interesting planet. Imagine seeing THAT in space!

I have been on holiday so a wee bit catching up to do.

Last Cowboy Song: Awesome tribute to two big influential icons in the music business.Image perspective just right.

I have never tried animation yet therefore don't appreciate the amount of work that is involved,reading above quite a bit.All I can say is I like what I see.Awesome imagination.

Sod Infinity:Nice image, so crisp and clean.I agree technology too fast too far.I always thought technology would make for a better, easier world.How wrong I was.

Many years ago I saw a movie that is now scaring me - Logan's Run. I know some of you will know it & agree. If you are too young to have seen it, rent it, watch it but maybe the lesson is lost on you since you have grown up with what some of us feel is very unnatural & unnerving.

Welshy, what a beautiful image! It is angry & yet peaceful, frenetic & yet calm, hot & cold at the same time. It reminds me of being on a train & watching the reflections in the glass. I love it so much that I am going to nick it for my desktop on my lappie. Well done & bravo!

I'd nominate this one for the Galleria too but since the last 20 or so nominations I've put in for your work have gone off into cyberspace, I'm afraid this one would too.

As for 104 pages for a gallery...what would be really sad is if it wasn't there. 104 pages of awesomeness not only in the images but the pearls of wisdom from you & others who have commented/responded, discussed ideas, options, solved problems & just generally connected. Totally agree with EER on that issue.

Old fella indeedy...he's younger than some by a long way.

I'd love to know too. I think there used to be a plugin. I could never get even mediocre results.

@ Red Ochre ... thanks mate. I've got to admit I had to look up what Higgs Boson is ... would be interesting if they opened up an anomaly like in Primeval ?

@ Helen ... totally agree about phones. We did without them for absolute years so a couple of hours without tapping away shouldn't be too hard ? Not so in my house.

10 minutes and I can see fingers twitching to get hold of their phones.

I'm not a total technophobe - I can't do without PDN !!

Many thanks for the kind words

@ Dug ... thanks mate. Awesome imagination ? Or a few nerve endings killed off by part of my life, finally short circuiting ? .

Apart from their great music I admire Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson for the positivity radiating from their low points. Opposed to Amy WineHouse. Not sure why anyone was surprised. A car crash waiting to happen. Sadly my daughter thinks she was an icon.

Animations are more about the planning and getting the frames right. Not so hard once you get into them. I would definitely love to see one from inside YOUR head

@ BarbieQ' ... nick away. I see it as an honour.

Love the way you sometimes see something extra in my work that I hadn't intended, but once you mention it ...

Logan's Run ... I've actually seen that. It's scary to think I was only 9 when that came out.

Many thanks for thinking it was galleria material

@ AmadeusX ... Grumpy yep. Old not quite. And yet sometimes I wake up feeling @ least 70 ...

That was zoom blur on a couple of layers and about 9/10 different blend modes and opacity settings. A tut' would be quick to read, but not so quick to put together and publish

You can have the PDN file and figure it out yourself if you'd like

@ janfwise ... thank you. Not sure about gifted. I've been lucky to have had a lot of help along the way from people who sadly don't visit here anymore and from those who get me still here. Very kind of you to say something so nice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not so many shades of grey ... usually I create tributes but this is an exception ...

Shades of grey = superb!, one of your best yet.

Reasons: clean and uncluttered but still plenty going on, brilliant and subtle use of colour, unusual shapes - something a bit 'top view of a coke can' about it?,

and you've put some lighting effects in the background too. Good gradients.

off topic: - perhaps we should have some dragons on the union jack when Scotland takes away the blue background - I'm keeping the scotch though!

Welsh, I'm not all that technophobe, either, I just hate the extreme technology. Besides the point, an absolutely creative and colorful piece! I love how each circle is separated from one another with such a beautiful gradients and subtle shadow. The background goes so well with this!

Looks like you've been pretty busy in my absence, Welsh. As usual, your work is top shelf. I feel like there's so much I need to learn from you!

Okay:

Not Many Shades of Grey: Absolutely fantastic, sir. It puts me in mind of the Olympics symbol with the various colored rings. It amazes me what you can do with a bunch of circles and some color!

Sod Infinity: What a great piece of work! Your use of lens flares is nothing short of awesome!

Last Cowboy Song: Great composition. Could use a little variation in string gauge, but the overall composition and textures are absolutely marvelous.

I have to say, among my favorite works in your gallery are the Rainbow Girls. I don't know if you've always had them up there and I just missed them the first time around, but they definitely caught my eye and have proven once again why (in my book, at least) you are a master of PDN.

Keep 'em coming, Welsh. I always look forward to seeing what you're going to come up with next.

Well it reminds me of a puzzle & I want to move the pieces around & "unstack" them. Fabulous work & the colours are just so wonderful. Well done Welshy!

Awesome works all of them, I would love to have just a fraction of your inspiration. Thanks for the galleria comment in my pictorium but to be honest your collection of works could just be renamed the galleria and no-one would mind.

• Upvote 1

Awesome works all of them, I would love to have just a fraction of your inspiration. Thanks for the galleria comment in my pictorium but to be honest your collection of works could just be renamed the galleria and no-one would mind.

I so agree!

Not so many shades of grey...Great title.I like the combination of the solid opaque colours with the gradients giving so much depth and the hi-lights just in the right places. Solid piece.

BTW.I thuoght BBQ's discription on Sod Infinity ,the train window reflection,was very apt.

@ the 2 Reds, Helen, YM, barbieQ',minners', dug and Weylin ... thanks for the feedback. As always - very much appreciated

From The Rough ... was originally called The Soothsayer's Stone - which is the better title ?

Edited by welshblue

What will happen if I press the green jewel, Welsh? Hmmm...makes me wonder. An absolute beauty. I love the fairy tale look to this and how it gives off a mysterious glow. The gorgeous metal design around ornaments the jewel in the middle.

I love the stone but the background texture is just awesome. It is so real! For the title I prefer The Soothsayer's Stone but I get where you are coming from with the title.

I love the way you did the jewel surround too. Very different. Looks like it might have belonged to an ancient one. Well done!

Many thanks Drydareelin, Helen and BarbieQ'. Such discerning tastes :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

... the thing I was most pleased with is how the metalwork came out. It's the background stone texture with a couple of tweaks done to it.

Is why I love PDN so much - experimentation can throw up some pleasant surprises

Torment & Tori ... 3 different settings with my torus tut >>> Rotate/ Zoom. Making sure there is a gap between each them >>> Trail >>> Merge >>> Polar Inversion/ Polar Transformation/ Drop Shadow

Welsh, I heard that you're coming out with a plugin-in to be able to do things like you do. Psstt...I'd buy it off of you if you'll sell it to me earlier. :) No, but for real. This is impressive! I don't like it. I LOVE IT! The way the torus bends like that and seems to have a liquid/clay-like texture, is unbelievable! I love the rocky sphere. Great things you're posting yet once again. A real treat!

Oh man! That is just awesome! Great choice in the colours too. There is the smooth, almost sticky caramel & the prickly sphere. Very nice. Now I will have to go back to that tute & play some more. I have it bookmarked. It is one of those images that you can look at for ages, just lazily following the swirls. Very relaxing & the red is energising. Yummo!