welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ Arthurian~ 12/12/2019

Well, I thought 'modern art 3' was pretty stunning but 'bailing out' really is out of this world! :evillaugh:

So much to look at and every reflection, the perspective, lighting ... all believable. Well done.

One possible idea to break up the square outline of the door (not that it needs it), would be to add the fingers of hand desperately trying to crawl back to safety.

Or possibly R2D2 spinning off to infinty! ... only ideas.

Have you ever seen the kid's movie, "Zathura: A Space Adventure?" I mean, this image you made looks like a clip from the movie! Stunning creation. This one blew me away (come on, doesn't all your work?). Superb, Welsh.

Outstanding work Welshy! You always amaze with the quality of your textures and these are fabulous. The colours, reflections, shadows - all perfect. I like Red`s suggestion of R2D2 spinning away into space! Maybe if you added a few oil drums either side of the door that would help as well.

Stunning piece, well done.

Outstanding work Welshy! You always amaze with the quality of your textures and these are fabulous. The colours, reflections, shadows - all perfect. Stunning piece, well done.

Yer, couldn't agree more! It is such a peaceful image that takes away the cares of my day. It comforts me, soothes my soul. WOW!

Great perspective to the ship and amazing depth in the spacescape.They combine well.I don't think it needs anything added to the doors.Maybe as Red Ochre suggested someone or something actually bailing would help.But I like it as it is.

@ Minners', Red', Helen, Goona', BarbieQ', Dug and Raptor_101

... many thanks. Glad you guys enjoyed it. All comments, ideas/suggestions noted and appreciated

------------------------------------------------------------

Cargo ... over-playing old work ?

Fairy Grotto ... using a space scene background. Tilting using Rotate/Zoom. Then the use of Alpha Displacement

I really can't think of words to use without being banned ;)

Cargo: Please tell me that sky is a stock image, if not that has got to be the best I have ever seen truly astounding I could look at that all day long.

Fairy grotto: Another amazing work of art the floor reminds me of the inside of a cave ( just as a experiment I used mirror over line on this image and it looked great you could make some great cavescapes ( is that even a genre ) with it) Took me a while to notice the spacescape in the background but my monitor is a bit dull maybe a few more brighter stars or even the sky from the cargo work of art added to it.

Again truly amazing :)

See? You revisit your older works gracefully. What I mean is that you really know how to spice things up with your older work. I couldn't ever do that. I have the same question as Minners had about the sky because that's just incredible! Superb compositions and colors and everything else! Wow!

Cargo is no way overworked. I sometimes too go back over old works esp. when I have learnt new techniques to see how far I can push it. Cargo is fabulous! An image that you could stare at for hours & not get bored.

Love the Fairy Grotto. Near the centre are 2 red spots that look like eyes watching...really interesting outcome.

2 splendid works! Well done!

@ Minners . Many thanks

@ BarbieQ' and Helen ... my inspirations and heroines.

... See no/ Hear no/ Speak no ...

I'm always amazed at the the amount of detail that you manage to put in your pieces, and they always cause me to just stare at them awhile to absorb it all. Admittedly, you've got a lot more patience at putting them together than I could ever imagine.

Okay, Welsh. You're really starting to freak me out a bit (in a good way, of course!). HOW is this possible? Love the face! *shocking smiley* The Centurion helmet (I think that the word "Centurion" fits very well here) is stunning. Reminds me of RoboCop the movie.

Cargo is amazing.It has a real oil on canvas feel to it.The sky and foreground compliment each other well.Interesting how you did Fairy Grotto,great depth.See nothing.Hear less....Testament to what you can achieve with PdN.Great work!

@ Jim' ... thanks mate. I think the credit goes to the plug-in authors, not my patience ( talk to my kids and they'll ask you ... " wot patience ? " ). Without them I'd still be drawing stick people. One of the reasons I've stuck with the PDN community so long is for the diversity of the work and people. And the various inspirations

@ Helen ... many thanks. I feel a bit of a fraud about the face. In my haste of posting & running I forgot to mention the initial face is courtesy of Sculptris

Centurion ? Hmmm I can see it a lil' bit now you've said it. Usually my head is away with the space cadets ...

@ BarbieQ' ... many thanks. A bit of luck with the reflections. The original 'cross' file from the Fire & Brimstone image came in useful with some Shape3D. Next time I attempt something like this I'd like to use a darker texture with maybe a bit less shine ? I still get a bit confused a bit by light and shadow ...

@ Dug ... thanks mate. Cargo is all down to Glass Blocks, Rotate/ Zoom and Trail. Is why I'm hoping that Rick was joking about maybe getting rid of Rotate/Zoom ... it's such a great tool for helping to 3D things. I'm happy you enjoyed them :rainbow:

@ YM ... thanks mate. Grotto is largely down to you and your tuts' that got me tuned into the possibility it brings. I haven't tried flipping it ... maybe next time

-------------------------------------------------------------

As I said to Helen - pretty poor of me not to mention that part of the 'See no' image owed a lot to Sculptris. Below is the starting point

th_robotheadexample.png

------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiderlight ... Inspired by the daunting task ahead of tidying up/ clearing out my garden shed. Also having a play around with Red Ochre's Overblur

Pyrography ... a return to textures I'm comfortable with

"Spiderlight" has such textures that I'll never be able to recreate. It's interesting how the wall looks like it could be made of concrete and yet metallic at the same time. I think you've done a wonderful job on this one. "Pyrography" as I mentioned on Fans, looks like it's freshly etched and even has a nice coat of gloss on it. Great works--both of them!

Spiderlight: It is sometimes amazing what inspires us all.As soon as you mentioned the garden shed it all fitted perfectly.The textures as usual amazing.

Pyrography:I think Helen said it all with just freshly done and glossed(varnished).Really unique effect you have created.Nice One!

I hope Rick was joking about Rotate/Zoom as well.

I'm gob-smacked people like the wall. It didn't come out as I saw it in my head. This was very nearly a scrapped image. A castle wall ... BarbieQ' get that camera outta my house. I haven't made a scenery image in ages, and guess what is taking shape ...

The wood ... it's therapeutic working with warm colours. The plan is to make another pyrography piece but try and make a 3D burning iron to go with it.

I'd be lost without PDN in the evenings ... I'd have to watch TV :scanner:

Many thanks a per to Helen, BarbieQ and Dug. You guys keep me wanting to experiment and push @ boundaries.

@ Skullbonz ... many thanks, after looking @ Bailing Out again there's a shadow in the opening which shouldn't be there. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing

Love the textured wall in spiderlight! It does look just like a castle wall (on the shady side of course!).

I'm off to have a look at sculptris. Thanks for the tip.

I think you'll enjoy Sculptris mate. With your background I think you'll make some great limbs :P ( interesting stuff in the Data folder - a couple of PDN files )

Thanks for the nice words about Spiderlight ... the wall is a play around with an old image from many moons ago Wall

Blind Date. Using the same stones as Spiderlight. A Photo Manipulation of This image

Chad's concrete tutorial invaluable

I don't know what made you name that most recent pic the name that you gave it ... maybe I don't want to know either. But hey, who am I to question fetishes?

But really, nice textures and all.