welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ Arthurian~ 12/12/2019

I thought the handle was meant to be brass or at least some harder metal than gold?

No probs, friends do that.

The handle is whatever you's want it to be ... or more accurately, whatever helps it pass as a passable image :crown

To be honest I just used an old texture, more for the colour than anything else ...

Thanks Helen, as always to the regulars, your support here is very much appreciated

Edited by welshblue

Well, I like that idea...everything I said about it stands. I just love it whether it needs to be longer or have its handle polished, it is a superb image.

Feeling is mutual, Welshy.

I just love it whether it needs to be longer or have its handle polished

it's all how people perceive it, something like the sword, it's not set in stone ... but still nice to read what peoples think

Edited by welshblue

My entry for the Texture OTW

th_grass2.jpg

The text represents the times I stood on The Shed watching my beloved CFC (Chanting not singing ...) 

--------------------------------------------------------------

The usual follow up when I make an individual piece like the sword.

iSurrender 

th_isurrender.jpg

I'm going to get my knuckles rapped for 3 posts in a row ... if I can't be a rebel on a Saturday night ...

shield from my old sig , the grass is a combination of some I made using Oma's leaf tutorial and a kind donation of a file from Oma for the lighter grass.  The axe was inspired by glimpsing verndewds Celtic Axe for the 1st time

Oh my goodness !! :mrgreen: simply briliant . I love the grass it's amazing and the text blending in with the sky :cake: and I surrender , just too cool . Is that a castle I see in the background ? =O

The grass is going win that comp. It is very - was gonna say polished, need a better word, well, it's so well-defined & I just want to run my hand over it. Not only have you created a texture but have shown it's application. Well done!

The compilation - As soon as I saw this piece I went "WOW!" It says so much. The colours in the shield are prefect. Yep, you've fended off some hard blows. You have the right gear to do battle when the need arises (you're getting better at picking which battles to fight too).

The plaque is great. The stone textures & shape also appeal to me very much. So real.

It really speaks to me this one. It's magnificent!

Just one thing that I don't understand in this image is the drum? near the bottom of the axe?

Literally, my jaw dropped when I saw your entry for the comp. Wow! The iSurrender image is also so cool that I was glued to the computer looking at it with such amazement. I was looking at the details and the whole image; I try to say more but no words will come out. Outstanding work, once again.

Thanks a lot Soka', Helen, Barbieq', Chrisco',  MonkeyFace and Axle.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

@ Axle ... there's a subliminal reason why it's blurry, just read the text  ;)

I decided to make a chess piece ... then discovered pyro's exceptional Trail plug-in. I can see this having loads of uses

th_chesscomp3.jpg th_chesscomp4.jpg

From my entry in the flooring comp' ... to adding a stock

th_jumpersforgoalposts.jpg th_stamfordbridge.jpg

Inspired by Leif and AFG I did a photo manip ...

th_sherlock.jpg

I love the chess pieces, but they sort of have a wierd shape. I still like them though.

The grass is really awesome, and with the things added to it, adds to the awesome! Good job!

The manipultation, you knew I would have to post a comment on...am I right? Well, it is AWESOME! Looks really neat!

Love the metal texture, colour & perspective on the chess ones, esp the darker one.

The grass images are fabulous. I love what you have done here...colours are excellent choices & the eay the photo image works in with the PDN. Great job!

The wood one is just superb! The perspective on it adds to the overall quality of the image. Brilliant idea & excellent application.

@ CSM' ... thanks.  The win against Bolton tonite was huge ... St. Nicholas has found his scoring boots again.  Although on another day, there could have been penalties against us ? 

@ Chrisco' ... thanks.  The chess pieces went a strange shape 'cos I changed them from upright, so the bottom booted out and the top kicked in ... I know next time :wink:  Thanks about the grass and photo manip'

@ Barbieq' and Helen ... as always, thank you's for your unwavering support.  You'll never know how much it's appreciated.  It helps to spur me on to make/ attempt new things.

Going mad with Pyrochild's Trail plug-in:  Blood Trail, Gold Trail and Wood Trail

th_text2.png th_goldtext.png th_woodtext.jpg

Fantastic new works - trailblazing work in fact! I love what you have done with this plugin. Your work is always superb. I really like the gold one coz it's bright & shiny. The gold texture is very classy.

Do you feel like writing a tute on the trail technique for text? I know I'd love to do it.

The gold one is just gorgeous. I havn`t even tried the trail properly yet and you`ve already mastered it. Nice texts.

I see your team just scraped past Bolton tonight. Jammy dodgers. 4 points clear now and certain champs that`s for sure.