welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays/ Arthurian~ 12/12/2019

I agree with everyone , Your creations are stunning I love them all .. I have decided to stay for good no matter what . I love this place too much , as for that webavenger wanker . He's nothing but a piece of scum stuck on the bottom of my shoes . :lol:

I could vent my feelings on this matter but I refuse to let jackass get to me. All I will say Welshy is that your images are some of the best both here and Fans. Listen to people that know and not to those that don`t. I think the reaction of everyone here says it all. :wink:

Firstly and most importantly ... thanks to those for the feed-back on Smile and to those who've Faved it over on d.a.

Mucho appreciated guys and I mean that sincerely.

... now the nitty gritty ... hands up those who thought I'd really let off steam to that quite charming post ?

If I wanted to be childish as has been suggested, then I would ... but I'm mature and accept/ welcome criticism as someone may see fit to give.

@ webavenger .... hmmm. I've never purported to being an artist.

Until I joined this place and with the help of some quite remarkable people, many of whom I consider friends ... haven't drawn anything since I left school in the 80's. Just someone who enjoys messing around and trying to discover as realistic a texture as seen through my eyes; and if others enjoy it, then I get a double buzz. And getting the best I can from a quite wonderful piece of software that made it possible

I've no illusions of attaining anything like the Turner Prize (much the same could be said for your good self and anything to do with literature ...) and winning the odd SOTW/ WOTW is more than enough for me. The odd piece or 2 in the Galleria is an added bonus.

I agree that all those you mentioned are superb pdn'ers; but I'd just like to draw your attention to one thing ... their styles are all different to one another, as is mine to theirs. As is anyone else's who has a gallery here. So I guess it's what ever floats your boat as to what you enjoy looking at.

Now you know you don't like my work ... guess what ? You don't have to have a look when I post something new :wink:

How radical is that ... the freedom of choice

I've noticed at the moment you're a one post wonder but if you care to carry this on in the future, let's do it by PM.

Out of respect to the mods and fellow board members.

The above is one of the reasons I haven't come out with both barrels blazing ... the other is, I really don't give a toss. There's far more important things in life to get stressed about

... but if you really want to get into mind - games ... I hope you're good and sharp ...

Speaking of good and sharp, 2 things you accused my images of lacking ... I really, really look forward to when you post something that blows my feeble attempts outta the water.

I'm bored now.

Thanks to those for the voices of support and to say my frontpage isn't a sign I'm leaving, just taking a breather to make it quicker/ better for those on slower speeds - to weed out the one's I'm not so proud of.

My sig and avatar are gone because I was fed up of them and really suck at making replacements, so they may be missing for a while

The perfect response. And I`m so glad you are only restructuring, not leaving. :wink:

By the way - what a draw in the Champions League for us! You just knew it was going to happen. Fate seems to throw teams together like that all the time. Weird.

WelshBlue? are you gonna make A CFC wallpaper?

whats your team Goonfella?... i dont think the CL draws are completely random.. (should be moved to offtopic probably)...

"How radical is that ... the freedom of choice" :lol:

It's only natural that creating photorealistic textures is near impossible (unless you're a CG renderer/animator working for S-E), but welshblue's works is close.

You came to my defense one time when someone said something similar about my artwork, and I have always been very grateful for that. I have considered you a friend before that happened, and ever since. I have always been amongst the legion of fans of your artwork and I think the awards you have won should speak to the quality of your works. I think your response was quite appropriate in it's tone and message and makes me very proud to call you friend. I would like to add one more comment to the mix. It was my response on that day when you came to my defense.

I replied to that person, "That's OK, with six billion people and counting, I'm sure there are hundreds of millions of people who don't. Welcome to the club !"

Then I replied to you " Thanks Welshblue, but some people just don't appreciate the same things. I understand that now. I don't need everyone's validation to keep me going, just the support from good friends like you. Thank you. You are a fine artist and a fine person and I'm glad that I have gotten to know you and appreciate your work. And occasionally steal ideas from you ! "

Still feel the same way. Keep up the great work !

About your sig and avy, maybe you should use the one you entered in the last SOTW. I think it's a top notch sig and shows your pride in your team.

Thanks everyone for the words of support.

Don't worry, far from making me give up webavenger has spurred me on when I was starting to get a bit bored with the whole thing, and seriously lacking ideas

2 play around images inspired by a larger piece I'm working on

Secrets

th_secrets.jpg

Distressing Secrets

th_distressingsecrets.jpg

2 New Stone Textures

th_texture5.jpg th_slate.jpg

hi, j.d. here. i dont know what went on in the past between you "that other person" and i dont need to, your work is amazing. as a noo.b i have been visiting the galleries on a regular basis and i am always left speechless by the quality of your art. hope to see more soon.regards..j.d.

I love both locks and the fence behind them is gorgeous. The stone textures show how powerful of a program PDN is. I'm amazed!

I love the textures in thie distressed one esp the hammertone on the metal. This piece has great atmosphere.

Wood is great as ever...Well done!

The stone textures are simply amazing. Very realistic. It never ceases to amaze me how you do these fantastic textures. WOW!

Edit: I wanted to tell you a couple of times now how much I love your new sig & avvie. I love the colours & the textures. Very swish!

Whoa :shock: your works never cease to amaze me .. You keep coming up with such mind blowing , eye shocking creations :lol: love those new textures , they look like something you would find on a desolate planet :mrgreen:

Simply stunning stuff WB. The textures are just awe inspiring. I think I like the distressed look better. Like I said on the Realistic Forum, I think you are using a time machine to get them to look that old. :lol: The rust is so real looking. Just blows me away. :lol:

Your stone texture just keeps getting better and better. First it was wood that was your strength, next came the metal work, and now it's stone. *shakes head in wonder* I don't understand why the bloke thought you weren't being real...maybe it's the bloke who is bloken!

OK what's going on around these parts ? (sheriff's just arrived) :lol::lol: i need a detailed description of what you have been doing because I've no idea what that camera is meant to be, two of the textures just left me stony faced, feeling like I'm between a rock and a hard place, and to be honest the rest i find so distressing i think they should all be locked in a wooden chest and the key thrown away, preferably an old wooden chest that i can smell creosote from and a well worn rusty padlock and key, no point wasting shiny new ones, but because that is beyond your artistic abilities a simple delete will do :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry mate :lol::lol: i just couldn't resist that, the new works are superb, love the wooden kist's, quality work on those and the new textures are :shock: and i don't know if you realise but rearrange 'webavenger' and you can get 'aver'a'ge newb' :lol:

@ AFG ... you draw a matchstick man and then you ask what my camera isn't meant to be :P

That was a funny post mate ... must be the celtic blood. Nice one on the anagram too ... I only got a 4 letter word starting and ending with T ... with an @ in between

@ Lance' ... thanks mate. The secret to realistic textures ... imagine them as breathing things and try to get the life into them. It also helps if you've been injured by them

Nice of you to pop in mate :wink:

@Chrisco ... thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them

@ Possum' ... thanks mate. Everyone else is throwing up such great textures, it's easy to get inspired :wink:

The time machine ... if I had one of them I wouldn't have time for PDN. I'd be out chatting up Marilyn Monroe :P

And the really important thing ... going back in time to get rid of my wrinkles

@ soka' ... thanks 'Girl :wink: If I was any good at spacescapes I'd try to turn the textures into planets, maybe one day ?

@ barbie' ... thanks. I was wondering if I over use wood textures, but I enjoy making them as long as you's all don't get bored.

Thanks for the comment about sig and avi' ... I cheated and took them out of my old PDN stuff (sshh)

@ Helen ... thanks. The stone textures are layers upon layers of textures, distorts and blend modes ... all thanks to this powerful programme :wink:

@j.d ... thank you. I'm glad you like my work and thanks for popping in.

@ Pyro' ... :wink: :)

More 80's inspired art, from a vinyl album I put onto cd. inspired by

tears are not enough

th_tearsarenotenough.jpg

mostly zoom blur and P.I.