welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~For EER~ 17/11/2019

@ Minners' ... many thanks ... and fair point about the anarchy symbol.

Laziness on my part and you're addition adds much more to the image.

This is why I still toil in the forestry and am not a graphic artist :D

There's already a few published tuts by other members I use in textures, so I've never felt a tut is warranted. Mainly Chad's concrete tut and sometimes BarkBark's stone texture from the Stone 101 thread ... with the added extras of clouds, blurs and dents. Also lots of layers, Blend Modes plus a few things from the Stylise menu

@ Mountnman ... many thanks.

Intimidates ? S**t ... if I can do it, anyone can. Anything I publish here is all thanks to PDN - be it the programme itself or plug-in authors

The power is all theirs.

I just click and click hoping to find something that I can relate to after 28 years in an industry that can chucks up blood, sweat and tears

Not at all cheesy ... I find your words very humbling, that you had those thoughts

@ BarbieQ' ... many thanks. :)

@ Mayor' ... many thanks.

We've all got our strengths ... 3 years on and I still can't make anything decent that looks good in a 500 x 200 canvas ... unlike yourself and others on here

---------------------------------

Seizure

Originally going to be my entry in the WOTW competition. But I over-worked it and missed the deadline.

Publishing I'm loathe to waste 12 hours of my life ...

Seizure, is pretty amazing, I am waiting you to post on PDNfans, wanna know why did you use Kaleidoscope for the center grill..! If it is not Kaleidoscope please correct me. great work mate.

@ Helen, YM, Goon', Barbie' and Aislin ... many thanks. Glad you's enjoyed it. I was going to animate it but Goon' beat me to it :P

I can't really take too much credit for it - Chad's concrete tut and dynojuggler's rust colour tut play a major part. Then it's down to Blend Modes and pure luck :lol:

----------------------------------------

Cartoon Wood ... playing around with Autumnal Kiss

- again, a lot of luck :)

I like the colours in your latest piece and the way the texture blends into the blackness. Nice one. ;)

It would still be nice to see that animation. Don`t let me put you off.

I agree with Goon. You should definitely animate your work (if time permits). And the cartoon wood is, what should I say? Perfect!

Welshy, I wonder what the Wright brothers' backyard looked like? Bet more than a few people wished the boys had a recycle bin or an undo button. :lol: We also know for sure that some of the old masters painted over canvases. Maybe they weren't happy with it & didn't have an undo button?

We all more or less have the same access to all of the elements in the world but few are true alchemists, healers, powder monkeys (were is my head at his morning :lol: ) etc. It is being brave enough with a good smattering of previous lessons learnt & prior knowledge, that makes their works so valuable. Oh, & a lot of places to hide the bodies & stuff ups. :lol::music::P

Ever noticed how men can sum up a paragraph in a few words? Welshy said "with a lot of luck". I needed an entire paragraph :roll:

Welshy, I love this piece & I have to look hard to see how the cartoon fits into it but yes, I got there. I love this piece, the scratches & gouges & the glow part. Dark & sinister, what made these marks? I am afraid to look behind me...its a Stephen King of images. Love the entire series you did with these. You've got a great eye too.

@ Goon', Helen, Sperber, BarbieQ' and FrontCannon ...

Many thanks to you all for your separate words of encouragement.

Any images made are all thanks to the power of PDN. If I can do it - anyone can.

@ Barbie' ... I wear the trousers in my house - my wife just tells me what sort :lol:

I keep telling myself women have 2 legs for a reason ... to walk from the kitchen to the bedroom

- but I'm kidding myself. The fairer sex is the much more powerful

----------------------------------------------------------------

on that vein - 2 wallpapers commisioned by a friend

Fibreoptic is brilliant. The colours just jump out at you. FlameRetardent ( just spell checked this and the word at the top of the list was `interdepartmental'. :lol: ) has superb textures. Well done Welshy . They`ll make lovely wallpapers.

Goonie stole my words again! They are brilliant. The Flame Retardant one is my fave because of the awesome silver textures & fine tears in the metal. The fibreoptic one has super glowy colours.

Welsh, these wallpapers would be so nice for a cellphone or the iPad and other gadgets. I like how you managed the striated designs seem like they're glowing by some light. That's just cool.

• Upvote 1

@ Goon, Barbie', Aislin and Helen ... glad you guys enjoyed them :)

@ Helen ... the glowing is a bit more luck than judgement ;)

@ Aislin ... cool. I'll check the tut out. I want to do a portrait of my wife in this style :)

------------------------------------------------------

Brassic ... experimenting after seeing a thread about Steampunk on another forum.

Nowhere near being Steampunk, the aim was to try an 'make' brass ... but I still like it :lol:

Edited by welshblue

Maybe I sound crazy, but it kinda looks like bamboo sticks on a wooden floor or something... lol... I love it :) Makes me feel like sitting in the shadow of a Tropical island.... hmm maybe I have too much imagionation!

I love the textures the lightning and the shadowing, great job!

Nice new textures/wallpapers !

Of the older ones, personally I like 'STRAASABAW' and 'bluedreams'.

Keep up the good work ;)

@ Barbie', Aislin, Red' and Helen ... thanks guys ;)

@ Aislin ... hmmmm bamboo. Possibly possible, I'll have to experiment

@ Red' ... BlueDreams is still one of my all time faves too. Sadly not all PDN, the face came from Sculptris

@ Barbie' ... I fffink I've found better brass, it may be shown the light of day if I can finish off my steampunk media player :/

-----------------------------------------------------------

2 more texture inspired images on page 1. All from the same starting image. The versatility of PDN is still amazing me almost 4 years later ...

I was a little startled when I peered through the magnifying glass. That's very clever! The image right next to it is absolutely impressive. Do you prefer a certain blending mode?

Thanks Helen

I've never thought about it, but doing so I realise I use Overlay the most. Negation when I'm making metal; then pure luck of choosing one of the rest of them at other times. If I like it I set the blend mode :D