welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~For EER~ 17/11/2019

It's been a while, and still trying to get to grips with the controls of PDN.  Taking a break from re-writing/ writing uploading images to tutorials, I've been practising metal text.

No point doing anything woody with @Woodsy around :D :P

Looking forward to catching up on all the Galleries this coming weekend

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

@welshblue, I wouldn't say there's no point doing anything woody! Your images are what got me started. You might say I learned from the king.

I love working with wood but I can't do that anymore.

Edited by Woodsy
  • Upvote 1

I'm like you mate.  I used to love making things, be it rustic stuff with a chainsaw or more intricate things with hand tools but the body is like a PC - great when it's working properly.

At the moment whilst I try to get my head around PDN again and lose some PS bad habits; I'm leaning towards shiney stuff.  

All my old stuff was always quite dark and macabre so a bit of a welcome change to have a bit of 'shine' (Plus metal hides a lot more sins than wood ;))

• Like 1

I also want to say welcome back, welshblue! Your "Another Brick in the Wall" is my all-time favorite tutorial. When I first saw it, I could hardly believe the bricks weren't real.

Not to be self-promotional, but if you're interested in shines and reflections, I hope you'll take a look at my Texture Shader, Texture Merger, and related height-map plugins.

• Like 1

@Drydareelin ... Thanks mate.  Love that sig ... understated and inspirational

@lynxster4 ... Thanks.  I'll take the smile but can't the beer ... medically tea total for 3 years :( :P

@MJW ... Thanks.  And thanks RE: the tutorial.  I've started writing a similar one for granite and sandstone.  First Practice below

granite_tutrial_2.jpg

I've been using Texture Shader. It's integral to the 4 text images on page 1 ... without it there just wouldn't be the same impact or shine.  

3 layers if you don't add an outside texture like the second one down.  Not sure it's a tut worthy style ?  Texture Merger ... I've had a play,  but most impressed with all the                  examples posted.  Will dedicate some time in trying to crack it when I've caught up on all my tuts' that need updating etc

@TrevorOutlaw ... Hey  ... Thanks mate.  To be honest not so much into Premiership Football right now.  I'll always be a Blue (or have the tattoos covered) but money is killing the                                  game both on the pitch and  off it for me.  Would rather watch the lower leagues where Footballers are still men and don't cry at having a broken fingernail ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first big PDN image in 3 years on Pg.1 ... Purple Haze ... I had to use my Bevelled Circles and Smartphone tutorials somewhere ...

Background textures from Media Militia ... well worth grabbing some of their free resources.  Something for everyone

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wow!  Loving the Text images on page 1 <3 and Purple haze is top-notch :star:

I am also a big fan of @MJW's Shader and Merger Plugins but, alas, I really don't understand all the settings - the brain is too old to learn so much 'kangi' :lol:.

Love the sound machine!   <3   So shiny....so purple! (my fav)  :mrviolet:   Fantastic job!  Loving all the text work, also!

8 hours ago, welshblue said:

... Hey  ... Thanks mate.  To be honest not so much into Premiership Football right now.  I'll always be a Blue (or have the tattoos covered) but money is killing the                                  game both on the pitch and  off it for me.  Would rather watch the lower leagues where Footballers are still men and don't cry at having a broken fingernail ...

Ha!  I hear you.  I have grown to despite professional sports anymore.  The World Cup, as far as I am concerned, can go hang.  I have never seen such grown men take a dive if someone sneezed on them and get carded.  :roll:

Your Purple Haze is incredible.  You haven't lost touch, don't try and convince me otherwise.  If I have to offer a bit of critique, the right sub-woofer on the bottom isn't the same as the left one in term of orientation, unless you are demonstrating one of those swanky woofers with glowing lights around the speakers, then my critique is off the mark.

Love the Purple Haze @welshblue! The detail is impeccable! I'll bet when you're blasting it you can hear it all the way over in my gallery. It puts my radios to shame.

@Pixey ... Thanks a lot.  I must admit I've gotten to grips with Texture Shader but Texture Merger is making me realise I killed too many braincells when I was younger.  I'll keep playing and hopefully the penny will just drop one day ... or i'll put my head through my monitor :P 

@lynxster4 Thanks very much.  Purple is cool ... sadly I'm not allowed to paint our bedroom purple :fear:  I even bought the paint

@TrevorOutlaw Thanks mate ... overpaid prima donnas do my head in.  How much for Neymar ... ridiculous.  Man City spend more on their defenders than Bosnia spend on their whole Defence budget.  Crazy world.  Glad you enjoyed Purple Haze ... the differences in shines etc on the speakers were intentional so you can't tell I was lazy and only made 1, duplicated the layer and flipped it horizontal ;)

@Woodsy Thanks mate.  Not sure you'd have wanted to hear my music when I was making it over in your gallery ... I was on a big C & W kick last weekend.  My wife got fed up of 'Dead dogs and razor blades" Unquote

No comparison in our sound systems mate ... yours had to be precise to reflect the style and mine is pretty much made up so I could get away with certain things.

As long as it plays music it's a winner in my eyes ... I could lose the tv and even the pc ... but if I didn't have music I'd go madder than I am now :(

@LionsDragon A PDN party ... now there'd be a thing ... as long as your hubby is allowed to bring a plate of spritz :D  Thanks

@Seerose ... Many thanks on both counts.  Glad you enjoyed Purple Haze B)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randomness on Pg. 1 .

Just putting things random things together trying out techniques ... practising things I'd forgotten about.  Basically nothingness that sounds better as randomness

Also a play around to see if I could make a quick tutorial for an aeroplane

Wow! What fantastic works with the texts & the planes. Now that sound system - package it & send it to me. You got my fave brand & all. Though hubby has bought us a Yamaha system.

IMHO - you didn't need those brain cells. Wonderful new works!

• Like 1

Randomness is excellent :star:.  That's quite an engine and I think @dipstick will approve, as it looks very much like his motorbike engine :lol:.  That aeroplane is pretty spiffy and very futuristic :D.

• Like 1

@barbieq25 ... many thanks.  Quicker to send it as a zip file ... you can't trust Royal Mail these days :(  

Samsung is the phone of choice with my kids too.  Or should that be body extension because it's always in their hand

I haven't heard the quality of a Yamaha sound system but anything like their bikes - top notch

@LionsDragon ... 7TB of media - wow.  If only 2 of that is music,  that's about 200,000/300,000 songs ... he's more than welcome as long as he doesn't play rap.

Just googled nanaimo ... ohhh.  Never mind my mother ... my doctor warned me about women like you.  :cake:

@Pixey ... many thanks.  Randomness was a good experiment in trying to remember plugins ... not so sure @dipstick would want it in his 'bike ... totally untested ;)

@Seerose ... many thanks. Glad you enjoyed them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking the last plane I posted in the turbine tutorial, adding a few things to it and playing with @Ego Eram Reputo and @TechnoRobbo excellent Planetoid plugin.  Lots of different layers of it and Whiskey Bravo was born ( a tip for anyone doing space/starscapes - make sure your monitor is clean ... it saves a lot of stress trying to find stray things that aren't actually on the canvas :/)

• Like 1

He had to check: 0.6 TB music, compressed and uncompressed. To the extent he has it compressed, it's approximately 400,000 songs across 3000 artists. No rap in the bunch. :) Plus, he has multiple redundant backups of most of his stuff.

And yeah, ex-chefs are dangerous. For dinner last night I made curry-breaded chicken with a caper sauce, with green beans on the side.

• Like 1

Another fabulous rendition in Whisky Bravo :star:.  That sphere is amazing ;) and @Drydareelin will approve I'm sure :lol:.

• Like 1