welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~CopyCat~ 02/11/2019

@ Goon' ... thanks and thanks mate. Will edit my post to include the link. I did the tut when it 1st came out, (and I couldn't find it again) and you know my space scenes suck so I never had a reason to use it until now

@ Helen ... many thanks. I never considered using it as a ramp but that is a great suggestion. Cogs now slowly clicking around inside my head ... ;) (And thanks for the congratz ...)

@ 'Howler ... many thanks :)

@ qyler ... many thanks. Not all :lol:

@ BarbieQ' ... many thanks. I wasn't sure if the centre of the orb 'worked', so pleasantly surprised it has :D

@ Del' ... many thanks mate. And there was me thinking you're the strong silent type :P The Smiths, The Cure ... nice taste in music to go with your wisdom ;)

@ RedBeard ... many thanks. I didn't know what a Trapper was until I googled it :lol: Insulted ? Nah ... pleased it brought back memories ;) Glad you enjoyed 'A Bridge ...'

@ Soka' ... whoa SOKA' . Really good to see you. I really have to make an appearance on dA ... but time and maybe possibly 10,000, 000 watched images (ok a slight exaggeration) to look at, seems a bit daunting. I'll pop in and check your stuff out 1st now your back. And many thanks ;)

@ Dug ... thanks mate. On the congratz and the glowing words on 'A Bridge'. You're on the right lines with where I was coming from ;) Takes one messed up head to know another :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chalk and Cheese ... one bright one gloomy. Both heavily influenced by Sargon' and his opening my eyes to Kaleidoscope. The gold setting in Mirror Mirror using this image Sword

Rage ... really don't know why I named it this :/ Playing around with old files and Kaleidoscope

Enjoy

What more can I say, Welsh? My "wish" came true as I mentioned on the other board. I truly admire your ideas. The latest works are quite polished and wonderful to look at--even calming.

Welsh, you continue to amaze me. "Rage" in particular is one of my favorites. You've definitely got it when it comes to rendering industrial environments. "Mirror Mirror" is a beautiful piece as well. Keep 'em coming, my friend!

I totally agree with BBQ it looks amazing, and I am really not a huge fan of this kind of art, but this one is just gorgeous, it is something that, if it hanged on a wall in a gallery or museum I would look at it for about half an hour or so ;-)

@ RedBeard ... many thanks. It's all thanks to the PDN factory ;)

@ 'Howler, Helen, BarbieQ' and Aislin ... many thanks. MetalFatigue inspired by everyone who comments and any image is thanks to the power of PDN

Auto-Naming of Layers would be a god-send ...

wow it's amazing! it must have taken you ages and 10000000000000000000000ths of layers to create this! yeah, would be easy if there is Auto-naming of layers, since I know how much work it is when you have such many layers and have to name them by yourself..

It's a great piece and I love that you put just a little color in it :)

This is what I said on Fans: The blue barrel looks out of place to me not because of the colour but the texture & shape is so different from the rest of the image. All that aside, I adore the image & it is one that I could look at for hours & just let my mind wander. It reminds me of shapes & textures/colours of things I've seen, imagined or dreamed of. It is such an eclectic mix of realism & futuristic abstraction. I am so pleased that you did this one. A true pleasure to behold! Well done & bravo!

I am so happy that you shared this with us!

All I can say is wowzers , you never cease to amaze me , I really miss you on DA , since I don't come here hardly at all just a wee bit now and then . I had trouble with photobucket for awhile so I couldn't upload anything .

Oh WOW! I mean... that's simply...... what's the phrase... shock and awe!!! I just can't believe how long that must have taken you. Great detail and realistic feel! How do you come up with such abstract or out of the blue ideas?! I envy your skills.

Whaaat!? This is FRIGGIN amaizing!!!

feather my (bleep) .... Your work is absolutely mind blowing!! If I didnt know what pdn was, i would have said this is a ps work! Absolutely Wonderful work!!!

Superb all three pieces.I like the panoramic feel to them especially in Metal Fatigue it gives it an architectural feel to it.So much detail. I love the blue battered barrel it brings the space age vision back to earth.Again, so much detail, brillant.

yeah, would be easy if there is Auto-naming of layers, since I know how much work it is when you have such many layers and have to name them by yourself..

The trouble is I always get carried away and hardly ever name things. There comes a time when I'm just clicking layers on & off looking for the right one. And sometimes there's a lot :|

I really should have learned by now ...

He's far cleverer than me - but I don't think even Rick will manage to make a telepathic way :lol:

@ Aislin, Helen, 'Howler, BarbieQ', Soka', Goon', NMD21, whisper2u (love that name) and dug ... many, many thanks for the great feedback. It's very much appreciated. The next stage is sort of coming along ... still haven't managed to convince my wife we need a 32" monitor yet :D

On page 1 - running Polar Transformation on these files ...

th_broken.jpg th_seizure2.gif

Love both of them & they still remind me of whales...smiling ones esp the Toothless one. I don't agree that it is laziness but more a case of taking the image that bit further. The experimentation (at least this one is legal). I love experimenting with images & reusing some as a recurring theme. Unlike the old masters, we don't have to recreate from scratch. Maybe too for me it is kind of like squeezing every drop of life from an image, like life. Or maybe because we were brought up to believe that waste is sinful? :lol:

I don't even know where to begin. Maybe I'll stick with the "Wow!" factor for your work. It's always phenomenal, top-notch. Well, you get the point, your work is perfect!

Video taken as a screen capture, or the amount of beer and swearing taken from an outside video camera of WB working on it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It could be like a documentary for even more whimsy: "Here in the Welsh wilds we see the native artist at work ..."

Time lapse for sure. That's a lot of hours of video either way ...

@WB: Like I mentioned elsewhere, still stuck on the fractal loving goodness. With the way this was colored up, etc it evokes all sorts of things a nice jumble for me.

Video taken as a screen capture, or the amount of beer and swearing taken from an outside video camera of WB working on it? boltbait.mrgreen.pngboltbait.mrgreen.pngboltbait.mrgreen.png

It could be like a documentary for even more whimsy: "Here in the Welsh wilds we see the native artist at work ..."

That is totally hilarious, especially if we were to hear all that cursing in the background!

But, yes indeed, I can imagine it would be a lengthy piece.

Tsk, guys! Welshy listens to music while he works so you'd have to listen carefully for the cursing & then most likely it'd be in Welsh because the words fit better in your native tongue. :lol::P:music: