welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~CopyCat~ 02/11/2019

Welsh, if you start being selective about your work, I swim to the UK and eat your soul.

Also, there's something that I don't understand. I always thought the reason of a gallery was to share your art. Give people something awesome to look at it. Not to get comments. If someone wants to comment then that's just a bonus. Its the views that matter. Its the amount of people who you can share your beautiful pictures with. As for posting every time on views a gallery, I could never do that. A comment should be useful or amusing or at least meaningful to a point. Not a copy and paste. Just my opinion.

Edited by 0(-.-)0

I agree with 0(-_-)0 here. Just because you don't get comments doesn't mean people aren't looking.

------

Csm, you are good artist and you need to keep making your graphics!

------

On the other hand, love your pieces WelshBlue!

Thanks for the motivation chrisco, but we've already spammed up poor old Welshy's gallery enough so if you want, we can move this to PM's.

On the other hand, ASTONISHING match and flower abstract. That wood texture is 200% more realistic than I could ever make. I am truly astounded by the match.

Thanks for the input guys ... a couple of you have mizunderstood my ire ... I'm not a big one for wanting pats on the back, just a burning desire to improve, improve, improve.  No matter what I do, I just need to do the very best that I can.  Is why the kids I coach hate me so much ... if they win 15-0 they still get a bolloxing for the the things they should have done ...

I can live with not getting advanced critique, here.  Must stop throwing teddy out of the pram and concentrate on things for myself.  

@ MonkeyFace ... Ingerland   :/ My mother was English but my roots are planted firmly the other side of the border ... as for my soul ... if you can find it, you're welcome to it.  Not sure about eating it tho'; it must be fairly contaminated by now ...

Just trying something out before I attempt the biggest image I've ever done these past 2 years.  Thanks to EER for pointing me towards the font I searched for, for ages and ages ....

bearingup.jpg

Well as I`m here I thought I better post to keep his nibs happy! MrCheeky.gif (only joking)

I wouldn`t worry too much about the comments thing Welshy. I would imagine that most people are amazed at your work - me included. Personally I don`t bother with stats anyway. My gallery is there and thats all that matters.

As far as your latest work is concerned - excellent!I had a funny feeling we would be seeing a proper ball bearing pic at some time after looking at your recent efforts with Trail, and you`ve come up trumps again. Superbly realistic . An all round masterpiece! ;)

@ Chad, BarbieQ', Soka' and Helen

Thanks guys, as always very much appreciated.   It was one of those images that came together whilst I was just messing around ... especially with Blend Modes.

Page numbers ... my outlook is, if people are that interested they'll make a lil' effort to have a look @ new work; God knows I put enough effort into everything I make.  

Although, let's face it, it's usually the faithful ol' regulars, as the stats for the past week show.  Almost a 1,000 views and maybe 10 comments.  I'm not so sure that the forum is geared up with the people who want to comment on things which are just Paint.Net made anymore.   It's certainly changed in the not quite 2 years that I've been here.  Helen's gallery being a good example of my thinking.  Maybe it is more of a meeting place now where people can come together in just talk about anything threads ... Plus looking @ the stats again, there are other places where my work goes down better ... so what to do ?  I really don't know 

... I do know I won't abandon this place, just maybe be a bit selective how much and what I post here, depending on how I think it'll go down ... 

There's also the pssibility that I'm deluding myself  :lol:

hi welshblue.

over 1000 views in your gallery shows how popular your work "is" . perhaps (like me) people are left "speechless" by the quality and style of your work and they cannot find the words to express their thoughts :D

anyhow,your recent "trail" work is..well..WOW..(you see what I mean..no words are good enough :mrgreen: )

keep up the good work,"as always" and I've sent you a "little pussy!" just to cheer you up!!

regards j.d.

I love the bearings. Just one small spot where the balls are there is a blank on both which is out of keeping with the rest of the image. Otherwise very real. Forgot to metnion on DA that the font & the bevel/shadow are just perfect - not overdone. The entire image jsut works very well. Still eagerly anticipating the next step...

Cheering Welshblue up with a kitty - novel idea. It's so cute!

Another great piece , you never cease to amaze me .. It's a treat to visit your Gallery , don't remember if I mentioned that before :mrgreen: But I understand where you're coming from about the comments , I'm lucky enough to get even one or two these days :roll:

Thanks Chrisco, Goon', J.D., BarbieQ' and Soka' ... glad you guys enjoyed Bearing Up 

@ Goon' ... lmao ... you're a wag.  Any sharper and you'll cut yourself   

;)

I was messing around and Information Overload was born:

th_informationoverload.jpg

Then using the texture from that it went into this:  Always a tear ...

th_alwaysatear.jpg

... the title is because I can't hear this song without getting a lump in my throat ...

I used this image for reference ...

Click

Edited by welshblue

A wag? Surely not. I`m not a wife or a girlfriend thank you very much. :lol:

Info Overload is great. I like the combo of coloured metal and natural colour. The metal mesh turned out great.

The microphone is the best though. Looks just like the real thing. Nice one. ;)

Info Overload is great. I like the combo of coloured metal and natural colour. The metal mesh turned out great. Looks just like the real thing.

Yep, Love the Information Overload like Goonie said & the microphone is very well done. THe blue sets of the meatal very well & the text addition is very classy. 2 top-notch images!

A wag? Surely not. I`m not a wife or a girlfriend thank you very much. :lol:

Ahhhh sorry. Someone must have super-imposed your head onto that thing in a dress ... :P Thanks mate, glad you's enjoyed the latest.

Many thanks also to CSM', BarbieQ', Chrisco and MidgetAlien .. glad you enjoyed them.

These next pieces are play around pieces. Linear Reflected Gradients, Zoom Blur and P.I. may not give the best factals but interesting results all the same ...

Emotions x3

th_emotions1.jpg th_emotions2.jpg th_emotions3.jpg

Great work, Welshy! Love the first one the best because it has more colour. Texture looks good, metally & shiny. The shapes are awesome too. Really nice effects here & fitting title too. Damn, they are just so pretty!

hi Welshblue, have to agree with BBQ, the first one has fantastic colours and flow, just love it :mrgreen:

thanks for sharing

regards j.d.