welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

Oh WOWzers. Mickey has come to life, that is stunning, you have the patience of a saint to complete him.  Well done :)

And yes home was calling for me and my brood ;) (by the way it was Surrey, not Essex - I don't like white heels and tracksuits :lol: )

OMG shuttup ... I'm sorry.  I know what you mean you mean about the high heels - absolute killas !!  Allegedly

Many thanks about Mickey ... patience ?  I dunno I threw a few hissy fits, but I'm pleased how he turned out.

Sweden looks such a beautiful place (as does all of Scandinavia ) ... and you've got some great authors there.  I especially enjoy books by Stiegg Larsson and Liza Marklund.  

Are you still in the nursing profession across there ?  I hope it all goes great for y'all there

Please don't draw me a mental picture of a dude in heels :lol: I have enough nightmares. Hissy fits or not I think the end product is out standing :)

I shall PM the other part of the convo, so that this thread does not end up being a face-ache-book comment wall :)

Welsh, I want to know if you're willing to have Mickey and Ash's robot have a face-off. Who will win? By the way, "extravaganza" is all I could think of when I saw this. Wow. And wow! It must've taken ages to get everything put together. I can't even imagine.

Contemplation is very good. Moody but relaxing. Mickey is magnificent! I was a pleasure to see him come together. It allowed us to appreciate the level of detail. The background is just perfect for him & the shadow make him come alive even more. What a mammoth effort! Well worth it. 

N'awh, I want to be his friend!

As always, top work on the textures welshy. He looks like something you'd see in a 60's Sci-Fi movie, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that ;D

Edit: Requested for a Galleria Feature. Glad you got it! :)

Edited by Drydareelin

Every. Single. One of them. I can't decide which of your pieces is my fave. And I have no other word to describe them than...spectacular!

Keep on! :]

@ NN, Helen, Daniels, BarbieQ, Dryda', YM, 'Noob and Sasha

... many thanks guys, glad you's all think the work was worth it ... a newer more detailed version may appear in the next 5 months. I've started on it but it's getting a bit daunting.

@ Helen ... mine vs ASH's ? His is made of German engineering and mine Welsh steel that's getting a bit tired  :P

@ BarbieQ' ... glad you enjoyed Contemplation, I'm quite proud of that piece

@ Dryda' ... thanks for the nomination ... @ 'Noob - thanks for thinking it was good enough

@ Beta ... many thanks, glad you enjoyed your look around.  Shame I'm too lazy to fix the broken thumbs  :evillaugh: 

Spectacular ?  Nah ... but I've got a lot of people to thank for the inspiration.  

------------------------------------------

Depths ... a spin off (geddiit ?) of my logo comp piece.  

Not wishing it to be bad taste (I could say it's only a bad taste when you pull the trigger ...) or of taking suicide lightly.  My own brother took his own life so it's as the title says ... Depths, you just never know when you're going to hit a low

Top class work on 'Depths' mate, love the comp entry version of it too, would love a tute on how your created that. Sheer genius sir B) 

• Upvote 1

Many thanks mate ... I was a bit apprehensive about posting it ... vilification and all that at such a sensitive subject.  Really glad you enjoyed it.

A tut ?  Why not, it's been a while since I've posted one.  It's actually more time consuming than difficult to make ... I'll get onto it tomorrow for ya

Welshy, my old friend (not too much of the old either), we again are of the same mind. For me, the image portrays the depth of emotion, pain & suffering associated with suicide. Bringing into the open helps to break down the stigma. Discussion hopefully leads to understanding. 

The barrels or chambers of the gun are like windows where you can see some of the desperate despair but you are removed from it & not all of it is seen. It is deep inside, with metal so thick that is is impenetrable. One bullet, Russian roulette of when the day comes that the soul cannot go on, one person - the loneliness - the utter being alone, shut out from the rest of humanity. The bullet - the excruciating pain but also the end of it for the soul which becomes the beginning for others. Cyclical sometimes. The bullet outside arresting the roll of the barrel, stopping the cycle.

I am sorry for your loss too. I can see the image was created with an intimate understanding, as it is also read. Hugs Welshy.

Again Galleria material. 

• Upvote 1

Unbelievable, Welsh. You're quite the artist! Your ideas are endless. I'm glad you decided to post this image here.

• Upvote 1

That pic left me with my mouth open. (Did I just see it in a contest thread? I'm not sure.)

I believe it does carry a strong message. *nods*

• Upvote 1

@ BarbieQ' ... an excellent synopsis - it's almost like you're inside my head.  I bet you're knocking on the walls and screaming to get out  :evillaugh:

Many thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it ... quite a taboo subject.  The Galleria ?  I dunno.  Even if it was nominated I'm not so sure it's something the powers that be would want to advertise PDN with.

I could be wrong but I think it'll slip away into obscurity and die a death ... ( I couldn't resist one more pun ...)

@ Daniels ... many thanks.  Powerful in a good way I hope ?  And what's with the 'Sir ' ... I'm beginning to feel old now  :evillaugh:

@ Helen ... many thanks.  Not sure about 'quite the artist' ... I think my brain is wired in such a way I've got to do something different or I'd get bored.  Unluckily for my wife it's not like that in 'real life'  :evillaugh:

@ Beta' ... many thanks.  Open mouthed ?  Good job they're 2D bullets ...

Yep the first version is in the logo challenge but my warped mind had to take it that much further.  Too much further some might think but I enjoyed making it and I'm glad you guys enjoyed viewing it.

@ Drew ... hopefully I'll get the tut' finished by Sunday and will send you the link by PM

Thanks all 

Edited by welshblue

Seeing as Depths crashed and burned here I won't post the rest of the macabre stuff I'm working on (it'll be on dA soon if anyone wants to view)
Strange how perceptions are different ... to me it's the best image I've ever made.  BarbieQ' says Galleria worthy :evillaugh:  That's a larff.  Maybe not the place to push boundaries ?

Maybe not enough broadminded viewers to appreciate the work/ thought gone into it.  But huge thanks to those who did

------------------------------------------------

Something different and light-hearted so's not to offend anyone's sensibilities

Thanks to EER for the plug-in index and for filling in a few blanks

On Pg. 1 Puzzled because I haven't a clue why I thought this would be easy and quick.  One of the most time consuming/ brain taxing things I've done here

Edited by welshblue

Wow! I love this one too. Still stand by what I said about Depths. Maybe that makes me macabre too?

I'll check it out on dA since I really want to see the rest of it. 

You really put a lot of thought into the puzzle. Love the aged effect too. Well done!

Thanks B' ... on both counts.

The crossword seemed such an easy thing to do but it just kept growing and growing.  I think I omitted as many words as I kept just to get it to all fit.

As I said EER filled in a few blanks otherwise it would have joined the other unfinished files which may get fnished one day

... the clues were easy because the answers were already there :evillaugh:  

I guess the biggest question is how stupid is it to invest so much time on a piece ?

@ DrewD' ... running a bit behind on that tutorial as I finished Puzzled first