welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

@ Helen ... many thanks. I thought the title would throw a few people :) I'm glad you enjoyed it

@ Sfifer ... many thanks.

@ Goon' ... it's not stuck anymore - I broke it :P Thanks mate

@ BarbieQ' ... call me old fashioned but nothing sounds better than vinyl IMO. I've still got quite a few albums left - the psycho bitch didn't use them all for frisbees :lol:

Thanks people. Not my best animation ... maybe a markII version soon ;)

----------------------------------------

Still on the music theme.

Started following this http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/interface-tutorials/create-a-futuristic-nonfunctional-interface-in-photoshop/

... ended up with what's on Pg.1

Very nice work on the music player. I like the texture & the colour. The centre bit is really cool. I like how it dominates the metal bits.

I looked at the link you gave us first. I didn't want to ruin the surprise to see your result. I was in for a treat. Wow. Oh wow.

lol I remember shopping for music online when I was young. I saw "cassette, CD, and Vinyl". I asked my Dad, "What's a vinyl?", and he cracked up laughing. Show's what generation I was. boltbait.tongue.png

Very nicely done on all of them. I haven't worked up the nerve to try an animation yet. I'm afraid I'll get addicted. lol

Question: Did you follow the Photoshop tut using PDN or Photoshop, or both? It looks great! Love the saying. lol

@ BarbieQ', Helen, Moninca and Goon' ... many thanks folks.

@ Moninca ... I started using PDN for a PS tut - then got bored and went my own way in PDN

------------------------------------

Ministry of Sound Pg1.

MoS logo a stock omage

@ BarbieQ' ... as always, huge thanks. A tip for the shapes - P.I, Tube Oblique and Point Warp ;)

I usually start off with a disc I've made and keep experimenting with Distorts. I keep what I'm happy with and bin the rest. Some shapes are cropped just to keep part of it.

In all honesty it's a lot of trial and error and I'll sometimes dip into previous files.

@ adel ... many thanks.

In answer to your question: It's like everything - the more you practice; the more you improve and get used to techniques.

I can't give you a time frame really. I've been using PDN for just over 3 years now and learn something new almost every time I make something.

Judging by that tutorial you wrote, it won't take you long to be creating things you're really happy with.

3 tips I can give you

1. Don't be shy of asking for help

2. Try and replicate every day things to practice shapes/ shadow and lighting etc

3. Keep as many PDN files as you can. That way you can borrow pieces to put into other projects. (I think I've got 4.5GB of unflattened files)

4. Don't put pressure on yourself

Happy learning ;)

Many thanks Helen ... not sure about flawless. There's a couple of things I'd change.

You're always welcome to use any of my images in any way you want. Free of charge ;)

--------------------------------

ScrapMetal ... taking the parts from the M o S image and playing around with various Distorts

Not sure why, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Scrap Metal was, "Alien Wedding Rings". Honestly, I don't know why. But it's lovely, despite my brain issues. ^_^

Scrap Metal is really good. I like the shape & the colour of the main gem. It looks like an old jewellry piece that';s been lost & needs a bit of TLC. Love it!

My dad said that when he was younger there were groups of boys who would take scrap metal and make jewelry for girls and ladies. The boys would make really good money by selling them in the open-air markets. This image, once again, is very impressive. It's good enough to be sold to any female. :)

Edited by HELEN

@ Moninca ... many thanks. Don't worry about your brain issues ... I had a stereo speaker misinterpreted as a food blender once :lol:

Alien wedding rings is a new one. Great title though. Could be a possible abstract there ;)

@ BarbieQ' ... many thanks. Old/ Lost ? ... hmmmm it's a self portrait if I was an old pendant :lol:

@ Helen ... many thanks. Funnily enough, my wife has a 'thing' for necklaces. Mainly buying them. Wearing them once or twice then forgetting about them :|

She wants to take the image to a local craft centre to see if they can replicate it.

I'm sure they can. At what price is what worries me.

Glad you's enjoyed ScrapMetal.

Personally I think it's my best image to date, and had fun making it because a few ways of using certain plug-ins became clear. Once Upon a Time I'd have been frustrated and disappointed at how well it was received.

But I've chilled ...

BetaBlockas on Pg1.

WOW! I love this one too. The blue is just so yummy. It energises & when out with those other colours & shapes the result is quite extraordinary. It reminds me of the fan blades in some fans where you can direct the flow. In this case it is in a blood vessel (even though it is blue) & directs the flow from the pretty coloured medications. Ever noticed how pretty medications are? I am quite sure this is not an accident.

I love this piece for the colours & the shape of those blades.

Welshy! I don't know if this has been brought up or not - but on your Revved Up piece, the shadow in the center shouldn't rotate with the dial as it moves across the meter, because the lightsource isn't changing, correct?

I love "BetaBlockas!" I wonder where you came up with this idea. It's a nice one, for sure.

I'm not sure as I'm allergic to Atenolol and it's cousins. They give me hallucinations amongst other side effects. :D

Maybe that's why my art is so weird :lol:

@ Goon ... thanks mate

@ BarbieQ' ... you've inspired me to make a pretty pills image ;):) God knows I've got enough references for them

Good guess on the fan ... it's an offshoot from the new factory series WIP

Many thanks.

@ 'Nab. Good catch mate. You're correct. I must have merged the shadow by accident. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it :P)

The importance of feedback. Looking at something for so long you sometimes miss the obvious

OH boy, I am looking forward to seeing these new images. Maybe the factory is where they made those awful pills? :P

So true about the feedback. There would be shadow still but it would decrease in size as it moves to the centre & then increase as it moves to the right. If it wan't mentioned I would never have picked up on it or even thought about it. More concerned with the memories & emotions it evokes :lol:

@ BarbieQ' ... yep it was a good spot by the 'Nabster. Hopefully the whole animation will be smoother in v2.

I've been a bit busy this past week so not been able to chuck some time @ larger piece WIPs. On the pill front ... it's a lot easier to make a capsule than a tablet ;)

PDN Power inspired by a mad hunt for batteries. ( Why is it no matter however many batteries and pens you buy, there's never any there when you need them ? :| )

If you have kids or a spouse, you'll always have to look for things like these. In our house, same deal. :lol:

Battery looks great. At least I'll know here to come if I need a new one. :P I like the background a lot. Really makes the battery stand out & shows off its lovely glow & shine.

Oh, yeah. Now that's what I call the type of artwork that you would see in an ad. Professional, maybe. Yeah, that's the word. I love, LOVE the perspective and the smashing green color is amazing!

As per ... many thanks BarbieQ' and Helen.

Your continued support is so very much appreciated.

I did start writing a battery tut' but as it's simple S3D and a bit of trail, not sure there's a need for it here

Edited by welshblue