welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

Thanks Dug. Glad you enjoyed it mate. The next version is going to have a few more objects on a larger canvas ... if I can ever get the perspective of an abandoned warehouse right :/

@ BarbieQ' ... I think I'm more frustrated at how the pictorium seems to be dying as a whole.

@ Goon' and Helen ... see above comment. It's a crying shame not seeing your works in a prominent place here. 2 people I respect very highly

I was going to call this next one Here-In Lies Insanity due to the silly hours and layers that went into it. but i'll call it Recycling instead because of all my old PDN files I raided to make it.

Inspired by the Collaboration with BarbieQ' ... Nautilus

PDN Files raided:

Nothingness

Incognito

Bronchitis

Shipwreck Alley

Shafted

Going Nowhere

Invaluable Plug-Ins:

Drop Shadow

Bevel Selection

Trail

Sharpen +

S3D

Panelling

Invaluable Tutorials:

Concrete

ASH

Diamond Plate

Engraved Metal

plus many more over the years that have helped me learn things

Edited by welshblue

You really know how to compose such a great image, don't you? I don't care if you recycle 20 years worth of work. The trick is making it into art that is appealing to the eye. You've nailed everything.

What a fantastic image! I love the idea of recycling images very much & often do the same but your results are more stunning. There is so much to look at & I can see where you have re-used the images. Bronchitis is still one of my faves & I cannot get over the atmosphere in Shipwreck Alley. This also has a great atmosphere. I have been in some factories that look just like that. Well done!

As always ... many thanks and huge appreciation for the comments Helen and BarbieQ.

Recycling saves time ... and relieves stress when I can't remember how I made something ;):D

Hopefully you'll enjoy the next version when I can get the perspective right :/

I was going to call this next one Here-In Lies Insanity due to the silly hours and layers that went into it. but i'll call it Recycling instead because of all my old PDN files I raided to make it.

Inspired by the Collaboration with BarbieQ' ... Nautilus

PDN Files raided:

Nothingness

Incognito

Bronchitis

Shipwreck Alley

Shafted

Going Nowhere

Invaluable Plug-Ins:

Drop Shadow

Bevel Selection

Trail

Sharpen +

S3D

Panelling

Invaluable Tutorials:

Concrete

ASH

Diamond Plate

Engraved Metal

plus many more over the years that have helped me learn things

That's a nice way to describe your task doing this amazing realistic image.

IMHO I just miss something alive like a rat behind a barrel or a spider in a corner or a worker...

Many thanks Madjik.

Ummm rats and spiders ... I'd rather face Mike Tyson :D

Good idea no matter how scared I am of them both. I'll be working on a new version soon (once I can work out perspective) then I'll see what I can do

A quick version using some renders from Planet Renders on Pg 1 ...

Hyper ... no time to relax and look around forums or create until my sons footy season ends next week. (U17's League Winner/ U16's League Select Winner/ Mens League Runners-Up and now more travelling after he's been called up to represent his Football Assosciation ...I'm proud but tired !!)

An unwinding image made by clicking and clicking ...

Hyper is like a spinning roulette wheel to me. I wish I could clickety click something like this.I have tried but never know when to stop. Good to read your son is doing so well at the football,I don't think you can beat that feeling of pride when it is one of your own family. Nice one!

Thanks Dug.

Sometimes the minimum of effects and playing with Blend Modes gives the best results ;)

A roulette wheel ? Hmmmm ... when I get around to finishing the next version of The Factory, I may attempt that

or not. The slowness of the pictorium's interest is fricking hard on the ol' creative juices

I love the spinning wheel, "Hyper," the colors are fantastic. Kind of looks like sparks in spinning motion, too. I haven't commented on the second image with Madjik's images there and I must say, that's a nice addition. Kind of scary, but looks great.

The idea of recycling appeals to me very much & I have taken a leaf from your book many times, as you have probably seen. I have trouble remembering how I did something, & more to the point, if it is right - why reinvent the wheel?

Hyper is a fantastic image for the amazing lighting. I like the colours a lot too. I look at the image & wonder what is going on behind it, expecting an explosion at any moment. Looking at the image my imagination can run. Like Helen I see it spinning & sparking.

Recycling #2 is great with the addition of the figures. I am still in awe of the colours & texture of the metals & metallic elements. The way there is a glow behind the just opened roller door is fabulous. It indicates to me that the dog (with its reddish glow) is a hound from hell. The green figure is quite alien so it gives the impression that not only is the some really nasty stuff going on in there but out of this world evil. The figure at the top gives the impression that you really are not alone & far from being slathering beasts, the is a mind & a master plan behind this all, giving it an even more sinister feel. I like what you have done & glad Madjik's comments spurred you on to create this wonderful image (sinister as it is :) )

Many thanks Helen and BarbieQ' ... your comments on Hyper' has inspired me to find that angle grinder WIP I posted on the old Fans many moons ago.

Factory #2 ... the baddies have gone in #4 ;)

RE: recycling. Most of the pipework is from playing around with the door pillars :D

Still very much a Work In Progress and things will most probly change in #5 ...

I agree. There is so much more going on in this image. You've built the whole place from scratch, basically. I hope you'll be adding something inside like you did by adding Madjik's work to your's.

• Upvote 1

@ BarbieQ' and Helen ... many thanks for the kind words. I think the change of walls is a bit too benign, it's sort of lost the brooding look I was going for and like so much.

# 5 has a combination of textures with some added touches. I'll post the final thing soon, hopefully I'll have it finished this week ... wooden pallets should be soooo easy to make, but get everything married up is doing my nut in !!!

A change of direction on Pg1 ... some abstracts

Candy Stripe & Hope are so beautiful. Candy is bright & yummy! Hope is dark & moody but has enough brightness to give the feeling of hope.

The Burnout one is very aptly named since that is just what it reminds me of. I love the way you experiment with the layer blend modes. Of when creating abstracts, I try that too because I think to myself, Welshy always gets such great results doing this. I get some cool outcomes doing this too. I'm so glad that you shared this gem with us.

The rock one is really good. It's dark & moody but bright at the same time. It's an odd one for me. I love the orbs & the stone texture, esp. the grid formations. I also like the reddish amber colour that is creeping in a bit. It gives the image a bit of warmth. I'd love to feel these...better still have them in my garden. It is a simple image that reminds me of so many things & makes me feel good & yet quite introspective.

Each image is so different & each one evokes a different emotion. I love your ideas...keeps me inspired!

• Upvote 1

Burnt Out and Candy Stripe are really nice abstracts, welshblue!

Burnt Out could look a bit smoother, but there's really few and it is far in between that is not to love about your abstracts.

• Upvote 1

@ FrontCannon ... many thanks mate. Much appreciated.

The jaggies aren't there when the layers are 'normal', but play with blend modes and they are. I tried a few things to sort them out, but thought ... sod it :D

@ BarbieQ ... many thanks. As always. You praise me too much ... I don't always get it right. I deleted about 1/2 Gig of unpublished stuff the other day

You always (almost always ) get what I'm trying to put onto canvas. "It is a simple image that reminds me of so many things & makes me feel good & yet quite introspective"

The sentiment there was Damned if I do. Damned if I don't And you caught it ;)

----------------------------------------------

2 variations of the same image. Once I'd made the original disc, they're 10 minute abstracts on just 8 layers

Disc from here:

Edited by welshblue

Welshy, I love the colour combinations in these two. I love how the colours poke through. It reminds me so much of the plaster things you see on some ceilings. Just adorable. Love the blue & gold one best of all.

Many thanks Helen and BarbieQ'

As always your support is appreciated as is taking the time to comment on 2 forums ;)

What I like about messing around it gives inspiration for more intricate pieces, as the Circles of Life will turn into.

Once I finish this damned factory :|

I got to experimenting after this post

Passable chrome ? in 5 - 8 layers. For a few layers more, a potential to be possible glass ?

Only Plug -ins used: Bevel Selection and Median. (Is that a plug-in ? )

Edited by welshblue

The text is drop-dead-gorgeous. My faves are the glassy ones, esp. the blue one but the metal melted around the text is really well done!