welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

Great new image Welshy. I think it`s fair to say that in those 3 years you have become a master creator in PDN. ;)

Having said that I do think the knob on the door of the box looks a bit off. I think it`s probably the drop shadow needs adjusting. Other than that - excellent work!

Mmm, I think Goonie is right there with the knob. In any case, it is a lovely image. I like the warmth of the colours of the wood & it is good to see some old favourites out to play. Fab art deco feel too. I like this image a lot!

Many thanks Helen, Julio, Chrisco, Goon' and BarbieQ.

Appreciated

The knob ... I've had more hassle getting trying to get that right than any other thing in the image.

I've tried S3D'ing it with it on the wood ... with it off the wood and S3D'ing it by itself.

Then today I realised I'd been a bit of a knob myself. It's the shine I put on it that makes it 'off'. Looks great when it's face on but doesn't work when using S3D.

After 8 files and god knows how many layers, I think I'll live and learn rather than change it :lol:

Many thanks for the C & C

Good lesson for us all. I, too was looking at the shadow. It is the play of LIGHT & SHADOW that we need to remember.

I like the link & the quote in your sig too.

I've always had trouble with light and shadows. I think I almost drove poor LFC' prematurely grey, sometimes :lol:

The Specials are (were) a cool ska band, glad you enjoyed it

The quote is one of mine from a profound moment I had when I was sat here feeling sorry for myself with if only's and what if's going round my head.

<No cursing.> happens and all we can do is get on with it and move on the best we can.

------------------------

STRAASABAW ...

Inspired by the conversation with BarbieQ' and listening to this the HighwayMen

Edited by welshblue

Another good song with a lot of meaning.

I love the image. It has a great feel to it & in combination with the song, it has a great deal of meaning, right down to the shades of colour & the symbolism, esp the 3 orbs & the crossing over of the shapes.

I don't understand the title of the work but I know a PM on Fans would clarify & that it would be quite fitting to the mood.

Welshy, I love your art. In all of it I can see a dark side & a bright side, just as life itself. I can never work out if art imitates life or life imitates art. To me they are intrinsically linked.

That's just beautiful. It's so swishy and flowing. I love the parts of the orbs that make it look glassy. Very nice. I also like the black and white colors.

Many thanks BarbieQ'

Very profound about art and life ... I'd have to agree. I'm still trying to work it out, but I do know that my moods influence how an image turns out.

The title ?

My lil' protest at the 'race card' Too many things said tongue in cheek get taken out of the context of a joke these days ... An example I'm not racist @ all.

There's a joke in Wales ... The Welsh hate everyone equally - especially each other !!

@ Helen ... I like swishy and flowing :D

That's the sort of look I was trying to get. Integration with a seamless touch. Many thanks and glad you enjoyed it.

@ Julio, Chrisco', Heat', Goon', Dug, and Possum ... very big thank you's.

I could quite happily do a B & W series. I don't always use colour the best way and doing a B & W image is so much more soothing.

Many thanks for the support good people

-----------------------------------

Nothingness Pg1.

Strange title ? Unusual for me but I can't think of one :|

This started out as a SteamPunk image for the SAC but I became a bit of a punk and ran out of steam ...

I didn't want to waste the original work so just started adding and adding until ...

Edited by welshblue

Excellent work Welshy, The camera level of this view is on the half height of the door,

therefore the top face of the blue drum should be shown a little bit, "same as the top of red one", to correct the perspective

but it is OK, mate I love the image very much, the textures are really great, especially the one the wall shown through the door and on the barrels.

I like the instability of the box and the barrel on the right edge

I don't think "Nothingness" fits the image very well. I think you should try the word "Greatness," which will fit better. Great job with this image!

Edited by HELEN

I finally got the title sussed Welshy! I am so thick at times!

I love all the metal textures & the peeling paint too. The image reminds me of a forgotten factory where there once was great activity but now there is just a damp, dark, empty space inhabited by a grumpy old caretaker who remembers the glory days but doesn't miss them either. The shiny bits reminds me that there is hope still and some things survive longer than others. Like the mind that stays youthful as the body ages.

I like this image because I can see so much in it for myself... perspective slightly out of whack & all. On the other hand the drum might be resting on something that has fallen but we cannot see it & that is why it is tilted up :D

Brilliant work, my buddy!

Have to agree with Barbie there. Awesome image Welshy. As usual it`s the textures that make my jaw drop. I think they are just superb and the detail on the wall panel is amazing. Reminds me of the spaceship in one of your spacescapes . Nice one. ;)

Many thanks everyone. As always, your comments and critiques are appreciated

Bang on comments about the perspective of the blue barrel ... I'm not sure why I didn't correct it :|

So I'll just say BarbieQ' is right and it's being lifted up by something underneath !! :lol:

@ Goon' ... good call about that texture and the spaceship ... waste not, want not ;)

I can't help wondering that out of the couple of ,000 views Nothingness has had ... it's only the members of Fans who comment ?

Maybe it's time to cut my losses here, resign my crown and save my PB bandwidth and show to the loyal, the appreciative and people who actually give a toss

Not to those who are indifferent if I post here or not.

Edited by welshblue

Superb! Love all the different textures.the full colour scheme works so well.The almost panoramic view makes me take my time looking in case I miss something. Brilliant!

Been wondering the same things myself...I really don't know what to think but I wholeheartedly agree about the lack of comments.

It's been suggested that people don't know how to give critique & others are overwhelmed by the art.