welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

Thanks Heatstroke and BarbieQ' ... my avatar is fairly old.

Almost 3 years later - I know I've been churning out loads of quantity but not a lot of quality

... HeadShot on Pg. 1

It may get deleted or it may not ...

Thanks Chrisco'

Thanks Possum ... Happy New Year to you too mate.

My first dry one in years. Got to go and pick my son and his girlfriend up from a party ... then stay up all night making sure he doesn't sneak into her room :|

Happy New Year to everyone.

WOW!! That is awesome! I love the background and the heart is fabulous!

BTW: I never saw that image with all the avatars. Thats why I thought it was new. sorry.

Thanks mate.

A lighter version now along side the 1st one

... I'm chuffed you thought the avatar was new ... my early work sucked. Although I'm sure there's one or two who think the same about my later stuff :lol:

I think i like the darker version the best. the darker background makes the heart stand out a lot.

Im still trying to figure out how you did some of your early works! Sure it isnt as good as your newer artworks, but that doesnt mean it sucks. ;)

sorry I missed some of your more recent works Welshy..love the HeadShot..very well put together..

Love Will...really like the idea of two sides of love..deep..strong..intense..allconsuming..the dark one

and on the flip side..soft..warm..pleasing..enduring..the lighter one

maybe I've read them all wrong..(just a noob's opinion you understand..) but I really do like them both.. B)

great start to 2011 for inspiration to all to get of our rear-end's and do some painting!! :lol:

thanks.

regards j.d.

Many thanks as always Chrisco' and BarbieQ' ... @ Barbie' ... I'm saving the really dark, macabre/twisted one for closer to Valentines day. Even I'm beginning to wonder about my state of mind @ how it turned out <basketcase smiley>

@ J.D. ... good to see you.

Your interpretation of the thoughts behind Love Will is pretty darned close. As was BarbieQ' on Fans (which I hope to catch up with soon)

Before I tell you both to get out of my head, I've got to ask a question ... is it very scarey in there :rainbow::weather-lightning:

Many thanks

------------------------------------------

Riddled on Pg. 1 ... playing around with the wood tutorial I wrote and some Dents and Blend Modes

Strange lighting playing around with the file from this image Click

The lamp was born ... and strange because I never use pink :/

Edited by welshblue

like that strange lightning one pink grows on you. The riddled one now I'm just wondering where that one is headed.

love the great art you've been coming up with lately. Really mind provoking.

ciao OMA

WOW! I love both of them - so different from each other.

The lighting one is great for the smooth metal texture & the lovely shape of the bulb & the colour of course.

The riddled one is just super for the wood & texture. The wood shapes & colours are really great. I love the concept too. My only complaint is that the holes are a little to regular. Bullets tend to splinter the wood.

I see you have the rot in there too. Man, that is really great! I'm looking for the the wood cockroaches or at least some grey wood lice.

Beautiful work!

Wow. Wow. Wow. The wood piece is so real! It looks like a photo. The piece, "Strange Lighting" is magnificent. What lovely smooth texture and glow!

@ J.D. ... good to see you.

Your interpretation of the thoughts behind Love Will is pretty darned close. As was BarbieQ' on Fans (which I hope to catch up with soon)

Before I tell you both to get out of my head, I've got to ask a question ... is it very scarey in there

Many thanks

not so much scarey..more..complicated..(and strangely..very pink!!)

felt a bit like this....

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/jdmelek/tim-1.png

(so glad I got out in time... =O )

BTW..new images are great..espcially like the pink lamp..great background too. :mrgreen:

regards j.d.

@ Oma ... as always, your feedback is always appreciated as is the help you've given me these past nearly 3 years. Where does the time go ?

Pink does grow on you. And I'll deny that totally when I'm not on here :D

I've kept that file to hopefully expand on the bulb/ lamp. I've binned the Riddled file. It was negative thinking about worst case scenarios, when I should really be thinking the opposite

@ BarbieQ' ... bullet holes :D

You were really warm with the wood lice ... and actually a really great idea. A wood louse should be doable ?

Many thanks

@ Helen ... many thanks. Any glowy piece I attempt I always take a journey through your gallery first ;)

@ Chrisco' Heat' and B'Penny ... many thanks. Thanks for the visit and comments. It's always appreciated

@ J.D. ... :D - BAD SONG LYRICS ? ... I'll confess to everything else on your list, but not that.

The day my work is inspired by the slap ma biatch genre then I'll put my hands up to it :arrow-downright::P

Many thanks

-----------------------------------------

@ @ Frontcannon ... thanks. But ssshhhhh ...

------------------------------------------

New Work

Tin Worm made by playing around with my wood tutorial and playing with Blend Modes, Clouds and Blurs

The Deep ... a WIP

Bullet holes - guess that shows the state of my mind, eh? I looked at the big canvas bag we have for lawn clippings - there were some holes in it from where sticks etc poke through. Reminded me of bullet holes too.

Not sure if I commented on Tin Worm. The texture is incredible & the tin rusting will all the wonderful shades of colour it gets is really beautiful. I like the texture in this one. There is something about it that I just love. It is quite mysterious too being rather dark.

The Deep is going to be a wonderful image when it is done. So far aside from the bubbles which are super, the shapes, I see them as icebergs are really interesting. I love the streaks in them.

Wood lice - actually quite intricate little critters. I try not to harm them. If anyone can do these, you can! Imagine a giant one!