welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

Well I think he`s fantastic! Looks just like the real thing. You have even managed to get that `leaning back' stance even though it is viewed in 2D from the front. Awesome image mate. Now all you need is C3P0 to give him someone to chat to! Well done. ;)

@ Goon', Heat and Chrisco' ... many thanks guys.

I wasn't too sure about him but the feedback has been positive.

It even got featured in We-Love-Star-Wars on dA, which was a huge surprise

RE: C3PO ... he's on the list, but due to the size the image will be, I'm not sure if it'll translate ok in a smaller size to post here.

Edited by welshblue

@ Ella, BarbieQ' and csm' ... thank you, good people. I always think it's worth the extra effort to go the extra mile and to put as much detail in as is possible.

It seems to have paid off, so was worth the grief of trying to find the layers I hadn't labelled

In between working on C3PO I've made a new version of r2d2 but am trying to decide whether to post it or not. There's a possibility I could get lambasted for an offensive image ...

Thanks Julio'.

The hardest part was working out where each part would end up when you run S3D. I didn't get it quite right, but I know for next time.

------------------------------------------------

Heroes Pg 1.... not meant to be a piss-take out of servicemen and women.

In fact, quite the opposite. For the price of a couple of chocolate bars, support the heroes and download the official version of this ...

Help The Heroes

Edited by welshblue

That went down rather well.

As long as just one of the few thousand who viewed it supported the heroes past and present ... it was worth it.

A small price to pay for something we all take for granted - Freedom

Playing around with a couple of tuts

Dragons Breath

th_DragonsBreath.gif

Edited by welshblue

@ Heat ... thanks. Strange is cool. I like strange :D

@ BarbieQ' and Chrisco' ... many thanks.

---------------------------------------------

On page 1 ... playing around with a gradient, a few distorts and Chad's ever present concrete tut. The 4 images are all from the same starting texture

Gosh, I didn't got to page 1 - I missed some great works here. Welshy, you're scary! I like the way you've used the same basis to create the new images. I like to do that too but usually for backgrounds. Each one of these is super & appeals to me for different reasons.

The first 2 I've commented on over at Fans. Rainbowsedge I like because the darkness that surrounds it & the texture & colour. Very smooth & I want to feel the curve & lip of the stone. I like this one very much!

@ Heat Stroke ... thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)

@ BarbieQ' ... It's PDN that's scary.

Too many different outcomes from different starting images to ever get boring.

The 4 started out in this order:

Hidden Content:
th_RADIALGRADIENT.jpg

th_TILEREFLECTION.jpg

Duplicate freshly reflectioned tile Layer

th_TILEIMAGE.jpg

th_SETTOOVERLAY.jpg

-------------------------------------------

Bored Games on Pg 1. inspired by re-writing this tutorial

pyrochild's Trail plug-in was invaluable in the speed of making it

Edited by welshblue

I really like the dark atmosphere of this one. The game itself I am hopeless at but my Mum & I used to play a game using draught pieces. I always loved the feel of them & you've captured it so well. There are many meanings to this image depending on the viewer & that is just why I love your work.

Thanks BarbieQ' ... your comments are always muchly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time and for your constant support ... you've practically kept this gallery alive. i don't think you've missed out on commenting once here. Thanks friend

I was shocked to see it's got 100,000 + views to be honest

There'll be a chess and backgammon version soon ...

Edited by welshblue

Bored Games is really great Welshy. I think if you used Trail on the board as well to make it a bit thicker it would be even better though. ;)

I see Chelsea got an easy draw in the Champions League. Somehow I knew we`d get Barca, some things are just meant to happen. Hopefully we can get revenge for the final but I doubt it.

Goonie, I think the flatness of the board is what gives the surreal expression.

In many ways life is like a game & most of us are pawns. The tilt of the board & its flatness express to me that life is often an illusion & our foundations not as secure as we think. Take for example some financial organisations who seemed so strong (governments too), only to topple suddenly. Banks, stick markets etc are built on things that don't really exist - illusionary, if you like. Life is transient & has its dark side.

EDIT: Welshy, my dear friend, it is a pleasure to comment on your gallery & thank you for your support & friendship.

Edited by barbieq25