welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

I think commented in fans about your Valentines , I do love the way it came out . The color of the background [ red ] is like the color of blood . The frosted heart is stunningly beautiful .

@ 0(-,-)0 ... thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. Brillo is a great word :wink:

@ Barbieq' and Soka' ... thanks. For the kind comments both here and on Fans. It really is appreciated :) :wink:

Next to Tin Foil the Valentine picture is my second favourite image that I've created with Paint.Net in the almost 2 years I've been using it.

And I've got to admit it was nice working with bright colours instead of the dreary tones I usually work with ...

This next piece was inspired by my daughter reading A PS tutorial and challenging me to read it and re-create it in 90 minutes ... the penalty - a new pair of jeans if she didn't like it. The reward-she'd wash the crockery every evening for 2 weeks if she liked it :| (On a hiding to nothing really ... )

Pyromaniac

th_Pyromania.png

... loads wrong with it.

Maybe time to hang up my mouse and leave it to my younger generation :(

This next piece was inspired by my daughter reading A PS tutorial and challenging me to read it and re-create it in 90 minutes ... the penalty - a new pair of jeans if she didn't like it. The reward-she'd wash the crockery every evening for 2 weeks if she liked it

You're letting her judge the outcome of a bet in which she has a vested interest?

Awesome work, welshblue! :shock: The color is so aquatic and eye-catching. So beautiful. The flame is actually pretty calming and a great piece overall. The metal parts of the lighter can't be beat by anyone here. You're still the master. Nice! :P

Now I know where my lighter got to!

Welshy, it gladens my heart to see that kind of relationship. I know Pyro said she has a vested interest but I believe she would give an honest answer either way.

... loads wrong with it.

Maybe time to hang up my mouse and leave it to my younger generation :(

Don't you dare even think like that!

AND another thing - you know that image of the garden with the lattice & it's night? Well, when you finished doing the plumbing for the water features, do you think you could put the stilsons back in the shed where they belong?? :lol::lol::lol:

I've got it set a my destop background. For 24 hours I didn't notice. Then I cleaned my screen (after the move) & there were the stilsons! Man, I had to laugh.

The image is good & I cannot find too much wrong with it. 90 minutes eh? Not possible on my pc. You did great!

What I need to know now is what the outcome was of the bet!

I agree with barbieq on this , don't you dare hang up your mouse .. :lol: The lighter is awesome , what's wrong with it ? I see absolutely nothing wrong . You've created yet another wonderful piece :mrgreen: by the way what was the outcome of the bet did she like it ?

WB, I think it's near perfect. The only criticism I can make is that the black background hides some of the detail. Some of the black parts kind of fade into the background. Maybe if the background was a really dark blue then they would show better and you would still get the effect you are looking for (and it would be an excuse to have more blue in the image :lol: ). As far as you hanging up the old mouse, I don't think you are serious, but in case you are, right now you are one of the top four artists on this forum along with Oma, Yellowman, and AFG. Besides, who else will I steal ideas from?

This next piece was inspired by my daughter reading A PS tutorial and challenging me to read it and re-create it in 90 minutes ... the penalty - a new pair of jeans if she didn't like it. The reward-she'd wash the crockery every evening for 2 weeks if she liked it

You're letting her judge the outcome of a bet in which she has a vested interest?

... a method in my madness.

I knew she'd say she doesn't like it and after listing the reasons why ... she has to do a better job to earn the prize.

This way I learn and she develops her considerable artistic talent not just with pencil and paper but also pdn. Her future is worth a few quid :wink:

@ Helen, Barbieq', Goon', Possum' and Soka' ... thanks guys and I agree with all the points listed.

That is the 90 minute image without any additions and the lighter is going to become part of a much larger image ( I won't spoil the surprise :lol: )

In fact I may re-do parts of the lighter because I don't like working under time pressure.

For those who PM'd about my hanging up my mouse ... that was a joke that didn't come across ... I was refering to my daughter being a better artist and I should leave it to her, because she's usually right :wink:

It does make one wonder tho' ... the one's who posted and liked it are from Fanatics ... that says a lot really.

When I go back to work next month and time gets a bit more scarce for internet use, my images will be less frequent here, as I get more feedback in my quest to improve over there. Which to me is what it's about. Always wanting to learn and get better ... no matter what is I'm doing. I wasted my school years, I don't want to waste my more mature ones :wink:

@ Barbie' ... I feel honoured you're using that as a wallpaper :D I'll send you a .png with no background, so that you can add your own. Do you still want the pdn file for the pebbles (so many files I've promised but I'm getting very forgetful lately, and will have to get them sorted :?

... a method in my madness.

I knew she'd say she doesn't like it and after listing the reasons why ... she has to do a better job to earn the prize.

This way I learn and she develops her considerable artistic talent not just with pencil and paper but also pdn. Her future is worth a few quid :wink:

Ahhh, that makes much more sense. :D

For the record, I think you did a fantastic job. You should post a link to the Photoshop tutorial so other pyros on this forum can try their hand at it. ;)

I wasted my school years, I don't want to waste my more mature ones :wink: :?

So who says your mature? :shock:

:lol::lol:

Seriously top notch drawing even for 90 minutes!

@ Pyro' ... thanks. I'll post a link to the tut', but the last time I tried to access PSDtuts I was getting an error :|

@ Barbieq' ... I was getting some files together, then I got a bit carried away with the next image ... 2moro ok :wink:

@ possum' ... :lol::lol::P

I saw this image and I tried to replicate it Click

with the finished lighter ... Pyromaniacs 2

th_pyromania2.jpg

:shock: :shock: Wow! It looks so three-dimensional! I was going to do something very similar (with triangles), but I worked on the "Spring Gift" instead. Nice work!

Super duper Welshy. :shock:

The top one reminds me of a bar of chocolate. :lol:

I prefer the coloured one though because it is so deceiving. Depending on how you look at it, it could be 2D tiles or 3D boxes. Great effect . Very clever. :wink:

Oh very nice!

Ok, the first one is definitely dark chocolate with marzipan on top. Now I want some...none in the house, shop too far away. Looks like just another coffee then

I love the shape of it, the angles.

The second one is sleek & glossy. Colours work so well.

Great images from you!

Thanks Helen, Soka', Barbie and Goon'.

I love experiments that actually work.

I'll be posting these 2 and a few others on Fans later, after it, it's only the Fanatics who can be bothered so it'll save my time and yours :wink:

Time to wind this down, I think.

excellent Welsh. I like that black and white version as well. the 3d effect is more pronounced for sure. The reason I think the colored one doesn't read as 3d as much is because of the yellow outlines.

if you can ever get your hands on "3 dimensional maze art book by Larry Evans" give it a read. Book is well out of print but I found a copy at a used book charity sale. That style would be right up your alley.

ciao OMA