welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

Next to Ash's gallery, this gallery is becoming the Galleria #3, which is right behind Oma, and in front of Helen's gallery. *shakes head in wonder* Wow, Welshblue, I think you are starting to outdo yourself everytime you post something new.

Thanks for the kind words Lance' ... very much appreciated mate.

I just like to make textures that hopefully can be used in different ways.

Like the waterfall image, 3 textures and a bit of imagination = an image :lol:

Glad you liked fossils #2 mate :wink:

Keep it up and I might have to kidnap you and make you teach me your secrets.

So you thought I was joking, did you?

Well, I'm on a plane over there right now. If I could just find my rope......

Fossils 2 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know exactly what you mean about texture1 + texture2 + putting them together and bang = inspiration for image

works the same way with me.

you do landscape textures so darn well. If anyone is going to kidnap you for personal one on one tutoring .... they will have to stand in line behind me. :lol:

ciao OMA

Thanks everyone ... although these may be my last images ... all this talk of kidnapping is scaring me :P

( Although I can think of worse fates than being held captive by someone who home-cooks like oma :lol: )

Back to the texture discussion ...

These textures were used to make the fossils image above as well as this

th_waterfall3.jpg

and then a bit more messing around:

Broken Promises

th_brokendreams.jpg

... I guess the motto is, keep playing around, never be happy with one thing and think outside the box ?

Bit confused on the image name but not confused on the quality of your work. Bloomin' awesome! Dark & moody just like I love it. Superb texture too. Well done, Welshy! :shock: :shock:

Awesome !! Love the motto , one can never be satisfied with one thing because there's so much possibilities out there .. :P Cool new piece looks dark and moody .. I like it :mrgreen: :AddNoise:

Wow. You really know how keep everyone speechless (like oma) on this forum, don't you? Your work is incredible, superb, and fantastic!!!! Well done!!!! :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :shock:

Not bad for a blue! :lol:

Seriously though when Lance said this was becoming Galleria 3 he was spot on. You are making some awesome images these days and your textures are amazing. Well done Welshy. :wink:

Not bad for a blue! :lol:

Seriously though when Lance said this was becoming Galleria 3 he was spot on. You are making some awesome images these days and your textures are amazing. Well done Welshy. :wink:

Really ! Your gallery too Goonie. The two of you have been bustin' it up these days. I think there have been better image in the past two or three months than ever on here.

thanks a lot folks, @ Goon' and Possum' ... sometimes things just fall into place, a bit of knowledge and a lot of luck creates some great textures :wink:

If anyone is interested in the waterfall, I'll make a tutorial and post it here, but if not enough people are; then I'm sorry the work involved won't justify it.

Not being tight, just pragmatic :|

This next piece isn't up to the standard of 'Sozo, 'Nab, Sharp, Goon' and flip and their spacescapes, but it's all a New Frontier for me (WOTW)

Possum's Challenge

th_PossumsChallenge.jpg

Yes really good image. The background exploding star is excellent but I agree with Bjarni when he says it`s a bit busy. The spacecraft at the bottom right hand side doesn`t seem to fit in. Other than that it`s fine. :wink:

Personally, I think that the busy-ness is what makes it so great. I love this space image. Wow! And as Goon mentioned, the exploding star is brilliant. :shock: :o :shock:

Thanks Helen, this spacescape stuff isn't as easy as it looks :?

ooops ' Goon' and bjarni my daughter copied the wrong links when I was on the phone ...

Both versions ... everything PDN

th_newfrontier2.jpg th_PossumsChallenge.jpg

Who just tied the Toffees, Goon?

And Welsh, loving the spacescape. Very realistic and busy in a good way, just like Helen said.

Ehem, once more, go Blues!

I like the busy one, it makes me think the craft have just burst through from another galaxy and are shooting off in all directions,to explore strange, new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no Welsh has gone before :lol:

Thanks everyone ... I learnt my limitations on this one ... as in; I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Getting onto more comfortable territory ... textures

Broken Stones

This next piece was inspired by AFG's Rock Pool and Bonsai Abstract images.

Plug-Ins used: S3D/ PointWarp/ Bulge/ Powerstretch/ Drop Shadow/ Colour Tint/ Droste and a lot of inspiration from

song

Broken Stones

th_pebbles.png