welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

A very good photo manipulation from a cool looking dude to a creepy, burned up one.  Argh ............... reminds me of what the sun does to ones skin 😵

• Like 1

@lynxster4 ... Thank you.  Not as creepy as I'd hoped.  Hopefully I've learned from this one to make the next one, more so

I love the the Arthurian legend too, hopefully it will be finished this next week or so. ( Biggest job is getting textures/style to match up when adding to an image)

@Pixey ... Thank you.  The sun ?  An alien thing to us Welsh.  We only know it's Summer when the rain warms up 😉

He is pretty hot isn't he ... I had great satisfaction ruining  transforming him 

@Seerose ...Thank you.  Maybe I'm sharing too much lately 😂

Another year ending and you've all been staunch supporters.  It goes a long way 

Thanks too to @Ego Eram Reputo for the 👍 up

• Like 1

Pose and Smile

Pose.png

Original Model

xxx.png

What started out as another experiment with Liquify, was nearly a marriage wrecker.  Lots of screen deafness with over 300 layers  ... threats of violence still in my head

Big thanks has to go to @Ego Eram Reputo for pointing out some flaws in the WIP and the good ideas to enhance her.  

PlugIns Used:  Liquify, Smudge, Planetoid, Brush Factory, Fur Blur, Gossamer,  Duo Tone Ink on Paper, Black & White +, 

I could keep adding,  but I'm sort of fed up of it.  Next time I want the undead;   I'll go to Haiti ... it'll be easier and quicker ... the trials of trying to get 'life' into the eyes of the dead, nearly had me scratching mine out 😀  

... but all worth it to show Paint.Net really is up there with the Big Boy of Adobe if you put the time in (don't ask how many hours.  It's sad.)

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

<3 @welshblue!

In a word, "Excellent" and three hundred layer, I have a problem over ten layer already.

Can I have the original model? I'd like to try something sometime. 

I'm patient too, but not like you. Thank you for sharing your result! :cake: :coffee:

I wish you and your family a merry christmas.  santa01.gif

• Like 2

@welshblue  it is amazing what you can do. My friends in the business have told me to use Photoshop because it is superior in all aspects.  That is quite possibly so. It all depends on who's hands paint.net is in. That being said your manipulation is simply amazing. It is creepy and beautiful in the same breath.

At the risk of incurring your wrath, and upsetting people, the fact it ranks so low on Likes - well shame on those for not recognising real talent and genius when they like mundane, not always executed well things.

I bid you goodbye welshblue, as I realise this forum isn't for me. Nepotism doesn't float my boat at all. I wish you well in continuing to produce art that is an USP for this software.

@lynxster4 and @Seerose ... thank you ladies.  It was a big learning curve and techniques sometimes, worked sometimes didn't.  Stressful and enjoyable at the same time.  

I've sold the large version so I'm happy.  Makes the hours spent on t and the grief from my better half worthwhile.  

Thanks @Ego Eram Reputo

@AspiringArtist ... it's a shame you don't feel this place is for you.  There's a lot of nice people here.  Ones who could further your artistic bent.

Nepotism ?  I don't see it.  Possibly.  Who knows.  Who cares.  

We're back to 'likes' again?   ... my work is for my satisfaction. 

Not being vain but I know it's of a good enough quality that hopefully the older posters  appreciate it.  As in ... the work, the techniques that goes in to achieve the results. 

Doesn't have to be liked to be a successful piece.  If it is ... bonus in that I've touched people. 

I've been told to and approached to display my work elsewhere.  Some places are far too money orientated  ... but this place is home.  

It wouldn't feel right anywhere else.  Without my friends.  Without the people I respect as contributors/ as people ... and hopefully that's reciprocated by most. 

There's a couple who don't, but hey who cares about them.  I don't. 

Please if you decide to stay, and it would be nice if you would ... no more 'them and us' sort of posts.  Comment on anything I do ... critique it even ... but don't criticise ... the worlds a bad/ mad/ sad enough place as it is.  I'm not gonna write another dialogue in defense of others.  I'll just 'block'

That said - thank you for the kind words about my work.  You may not think it, but it is appreciated

@Pixey ... you'll hurt her feelings.  Not quite ugly, more aesthetically  challenged ... admittedly  her breath isn't the freshest ...  

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.  Take my wife, she's 46 looks 36 ... is naturally stunning and still sees something in me ... 😉

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1

Very brilliantly accomplished! 😊

The wounds remind me a bit of my mom's arm after the surgery (which went well by the way), especially when the stitches were fresh like a month ago 👍

I have to try and zombify a photo sometime. Zombies are so interesting! 😉

crawling-zombie.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Maximilian said:

the surgery (which went well by the way

I'm glad your mom is okay. I know you were going thru a lot with that. <3

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 10:01 AM, lynxster4 said:

I'm glad your mom is okay. I know you were going thru a lot with that. <3

On 12/27/2019 at 11:07 AM, Seerose said:

<3 @Maximilian!

I'm glad to hear it. Finally, some good news. :cake: :coffee:

Thank you, dear friends m0612.gif It's one of the very few things that actually turned out well this year. I guess we're bound to keep on the road somehow despite the many setbacks s0954.gif

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Maximilian said:

I guess we're bound to keep on the road somehow despite the many setbacks s0954.gif

This is true mate.  Laugh in the face of adversity and say eff you to the the things and those who bring you down. 

Failure isn't getting knocked down - it's not getting back up

I'm glad your Mum is recovering well, best wishes from me and Happy New Year to you and yours  mate

... and thanks for the kind words.  Yeah I like zombies too ... films and games ... there's a Japanese film I want to see that came out this year but can't remember what it's called  😕

@Seerose  and you and yours.  I'll take the luck ... the health is pretty much gone 🤣

That said ... two more Christmases would be a bonus, so yeah, thanks for the best wishes

@Drydareelin ... thanks.  The blood etc are brushes but took a bit of extra work to get them to there.  

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1

Echo ... Echo

I was a bit sceptical when I unwrapped 2 Echo Dots and an Echo Sub for Christmas ... but I'm impressed. 

The sound isn't BOSE or Sonos but still, a very passable 2:1 system for the price ... in fact I'm so impressed I decided to ...

echo-echo-2.png

Happy New Year to all my friends.  May 2020 bring you everything you want 

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i Pawb. Mwynhau 

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

And a very Happy New Year to you too :)  ny-73.gif

Did someone say something .......... I think I can hear an echo on here smileys-froh-728405.gif 

• Like 1

Echo Echo is phenomenal.  It is a photograph that you've manipulated? I joke. Happy New Year welshblue, I look forward to what you create in 2020 because it is always a pleasure to view, even if my jaw aches from hitting the floor.

• Like 1

Always awesome to see your works. Your most recent one is truly amazing (and creepy). Love the detail you put in the face and mouth. Had you not posted the before image, I would not have guessed that this zombie was once a pretty woman.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 8:08 PM, Pixey said:

I think I can hear an echo on here

Again you sound like my wife ... usually when I'm on Paint.net.  Repeat.  Repeat.  Thanks for the rep'

On 12/31/2019 at 12:11 PM, lynxster4 said:

Happy New Year to you and your Family, Welshy!

You too.  May it bring only the good things.  Thanks for the rep'

@Seerose ... thank you.  It's nice that you enjoy my work enough to be curious.  That's a big compliment.

@AspiringArtist ... thank you.  Cushions before opening my gallery ?

@JulioCoolio ... thanks.  She was challenging and rewarding at the same time ...  she's still female, after all ... goes hand in hand

Thanks too to @LionsDragon @Maximilian and @ReMake

5 hours ago, welshblue said:

She was challenging and rewarding at the same time ...  she's still female, after all

Does that fall under the category of 'conquests'?  🤣

• Like 1