welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Control ~ 08/07/2020

Hey long time no see mate ... not even a fleeting glimpse ;)

Hope things are all good up in bonnie Scotland.  Thanks, Glad you enjoyed the texture.  

I'll check Maya out, BTW the link isn't working ... 

Thanks again to those for the support on No Charge

----------------------------------------------------

Matchstick Men ... taking the sotw entry image and turning it into a pen ...  there's a few different versions of this one, including a 3D one, and ones with accidental texture discoveries, but Rotate/Zoom doesn't make it look good ...

the textures may become a tutorial unless EER starts to ration how many I can post  :evillaugh:

Hopefully  enjoy ...

Excellent wall texture mate, if you want to do more animation an excellent piece of software is AutoDesk Maya, they do a free version and there are loads 

of tuts on Youtube, here's a link to an infographic I created using it 

I got a big ol' this site has poor reputation warning from your link.

Welshblue, Matchstick Men - Nice

AFG, interesting video.

Pdnnoob, thanks for the fix.

Edited by doughty

Very Nice. All of them but I love that background in the picture on the newest. I just know you made that bridge and stone wall behind it,awesome job welshblue. 

The pen looks great, Welsh. Have you considered trying to recreate David Tennant's sonic screwdriver? It's very close. (I'm assuming you watch Doctor Who...)

The tablet-looking thing looks good too. And about the image on it...I saw it lower in your gallery. What's the story behind that one?

Someone has been busy! All these excellent new pieces and well written tutorials you have been producing, and you are still finding time to encourage  everyone on the forum.You are a star!

That was a nice pop-in visit from AFG. hope he is keeping well.

Sorry about that Youtube link mate, don't know what happened there  :unimpressed: life is grand up here in God's country, especially with this weather  :smile:

Matchstick men is good but 'Depths' is more Welshblue, unfortunately I don't get much opportunity to use PDN , it's all 'industry standard' software

I have to work with now, but I have been using it the past few days.

Matchstick men is a stunner mate, love the pen detail and the texture on the tablet too. The background is pretty darn cool too sir. 10 outa 10 work B)

It looks real enough to grab right from the screen and start drawing with it. Sleek interface and looks user-friendly. I hope it's affordable, though. ;)

I can't get over the fact that it's all in PDN. Clever. This is very clever.

Wait...but the guy, did he just move? *dun dun dun.....*

Welsh, love your new sig! I was bummed you took out your entry from the SOTW comp. I just wanted to let you know when I first saw it, my jaw literally dropped. That's how good it is. 

@ doughty ... many thanks.  Thanks for the visit and comment

@ Skullbonz  ... many thanks.  I can't take credit for the bridge.  It's from a photograph I took on an old phone camera a couple of years ago url=http://welshblue.deviantart.com/art/Bridge-186272743] The .png version [/url] 

@ Daniels ... many thanks.   I've thought a few times about making a sonic screwdriver but can never find a good enough reference image.  They're all too small to pick up the detail.  @ least the ones I find are.  No story as such behind that image.  The bridge just fitted in nicely to the stock zombie and I added the blood etc

@ Dug ... many thanks.  Not sure about well written tutorials, but I do try to encourage where I can.  Pay back for all the help I had.

Busy ?  It's either use PDN to keep my mind occupied or drive into the first Artic' I see ;)  Boredom kills ... could be an idea for an image ...

@ AFG ... many thanks.  Cool video.  I'll have to get acquainted with Maya ...   God's country ?  How long you lived in Wales ??  :evillaugh:

Thanks for the visit mate - I've got to admit to being especially proud of Depths.  My best ever IMO ... it's got everything that I enjoy.  Glad to hear things are going good for you.  You're sorely missed here

@ Drew' ... many thanks.  To be honest I had 5 different files with 5 different textures and after publishing it, I think it's my least favourite.  The old adage about looking @ something tooo long mate.  I do like the pen tho ;)

@ Helen ... many thanks.  As I said to Drew I think I looked at it for so long I got a bit lazy.  Needs a bit more detail on the tablet ?

If the guy moved you've got nothing to worry about ... it's my throat in the firing line  :P  :devlish:

@ Beta ... many thanks.  Nah I don't think the tablet is realistic.  Too much messing and not enough detail in the end.  Should leave well alone sometimes

@ 'Noob ... thanks for sorting the link out

----------------------------------------------

@ Helen and 'Noob - thanks guys.  Only 3 plug-ins.  Multi Colour Gradient, Hexa' Grid and Bevel Selection.  I was going to make a tute' for the texture but I can't seem to get it right  :unimpressed:

And pulling it from the competition was the right/ fair thing to do.  Not sure about it being in the bag ... some seriously heavyweight work in that challenge

.... but talking about my sig, the next image the sword is made from the sig'.  Hot Steel on Pg. 1

That's one stunning sword, Welsh! Sleek, too.

The handle of the sword looks like it has a good grip. The background is so amazing because the sword is jumping out from it--great contrast, in other words.

Very nice sword, Welsh. Great shine, and the hilt is really cool. Kinda like dragon wings. Looks like it would be a formidable tool in battle. :)

Hot Steel, I like the name, Amazing Sword Welshy, I can see where you have used the sig on the Guard/hand.

Some red glare where the blade touching the burning coal.? BTW, I like the background as well.

Edited by yellowman

Matchstick men is a great image. I liked the background when you first showed it & the addition of the pen is genious :D

The sword is prefect & I love the sharpness of the hilt. It looks like a magic sword with the wing-like hilt. The metal is so real. Really great background too.

Is it a sword ?  Or is it a knife ?  Perhaps a dagger ?  I think a bada** knife, nice one welshblue.  Now you need a Thor's Hammer to go with it.  ;)

Cool new sig. The sword,nice twist on the hilt. I think you have taken metal sheen up another smoother level.Nice work.

@ Everyone ... many thanks.  I've got to admit the background is a bit of a 'cheat' that just seemed right for this piece.

Thinking about what YM said, I'd tried the glow before posting the original version and didn't like it but he was right, it was lacking something ... so's I added some brushes and corrected the poor shine job on the original hilt ... surprised no-one noticed  :P