welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Connection ~ 01/07/2020

:lol: oh that is just soooooooooo beautiful!

you are now officially a member of OMA's Abstract club.! :wink:

great job. and it looks like you are in a good mood with this one.

ciao

OMA

ANewDay.png I love it, nice calm spring morning after a rainy night, well.. I don't know what fault you're hiding by that wavy thick green line, it is annoying me, it is ok, I still love it I wish if I start my new days with these lovely colors and a hope like that's shining reflecting on those far mountains or stones, what ever (don't blame me , blame my English) :)

teardropexplodes.pngCome on, teardrop should be crystal clear,the image is great, but not the two drops?! I am just kidding, no I'm not :D I know you can fix them, again still great piece.

@ topezia, thank you. Even better, it's great to see you posting again. I've missed your work.

The jewel and flutterbye texture ... I've got a few more ideas to implement it into but I didn't want to seem tooo repetitive :D

MORE IMPORTANTLY ... smoking. I'm now a total non-smoker of almost 7 days. You can only give up if you really want to ... (Good Luck if you decide to )

@ Helen, thanks, I'm pleased with how it turned out ... the sparkly band was pure luck after playing with Add Noise :lol: ... and yep, hopefully my bad week is over :|

@ Storm', thanks man, and you've summed up perfectly what I was thinking when I started TearDrop Explode :wink:

@ oma, gosh; I will wear that official membeship with pride :wink: Thanks ... BTW do I get a badge? :P

@ becauseIwantedto ... thanks, I'm glad you like it, again the texture was pure luck from messing around with old png's:wink:

@Yellowman ... thanks for the comments and constructive critique, I'll grant you the thick green line in a New Day. What fault is it hiding ? I can't remember, but I put it in as an attempt to cover up the fault and attempt to 'draw a line' between the past and present. It seemed a good idea at the time :wink:

TearDrop Explode is an abstract from my head. Have you ever cried ? Is your vision crystal clear or slightly cloudy? Without going into too much boring detail, last Sunday when I was taken to hospital, I thought I was never going to see my family again and believe me; that brings a lot of emotions rushing through your brain. All the ones Storm' picked up on

TearDrop Explode was my way of getting out that rush of emotion. It was never meant to be realistic. Just a mish-mash of idea :?

Again, drawing a line under the past ... I thought I'd got away with that thick green line :lol::P

So sorry to hear that :( , wish you good health, thank God you came back safe to your family and to this forum to see you great work and enjoy your nice talking :) , God bless you.

I think I started now understanding the reason of that green line, you are very strong person.Stay safe

@ Storm' ... we've said it all in PM mate :arrow:

@ becauseIwantto ... nice of you to say ... there must be a lot of stuff you've missed out there :lol:

@ Yellowman ... thank you, I don't usually air my offline life, because people have enough problems of their own ... I just had to defend TearDrop :wink:

And every time I look at A New Day, that green line is doing my head in; you've encouraged me to get rid of it. Thanks :)

@ Lancadore and messedwithyahead (I love that name) thanks to you both, I'm enjoying seeing the progress in your respective galleries, even if I don't always post :wink:

@ Survulus ... thanks man, as you may have noticed, it's not perfect :lol: Good to see you post here again, and talking of cool things, your sig' is still one of the coolest I've seen for ages :wink:

The next image is inspired by GoonFella's excellent ipod images ... it was an attempt at a glass apple, an aborted effort because it's not going right (any advice appreciated) I think I'll start again (I know it's the wrong font and feathering issues :) )

th_apple2.png

I went off on a tangent and did some silly alternatives - with some help from google for the pie and worm

th_applemix.png

That is just way cool. 8) I like how you posted different apples. And I just love that light blue apple because it's so awesome. Really, really neat illustrations and creativity. Nice job there!!! :shock: :shock:

Whoa.. i haven't commented in a long time... :shock:

Loving all your work, the jewellery piece, the butterfly, "A new day", the workshop stuff, and more. Its all awesome stuff. Your latest Apple pic is really neat too. Creative ideas. :)

This is to both Goonfella and Welshblue:

I'm puzzled, no, I'm befuddled. How is that you both pulled off the glassy picture, the wine glass (Goonfella's), and ship in bottle (welshblue), but cannot use the same technique on the apple? Logic would dictate that similar technique could be applied to the Apple with a minor tweak here and there.

I'm not trying to sound mean, I am just curious.

:lol: That's something I've asked myself :lol:

I can't speak for GoonFella, I tried the same technique but it didn't work. Well it worked, but didn't look right.

It's getting the chunkiness of the apple whilst still maintaining transparency and relections/refractions I struggled with. Glass has to be one of the hardest things to do unless your name is ASH :D

I'm not giving up yet tho' :arrow:

:lol: That's something I've asked myself :lol:

I can't speak for GoonFella, I tried the same technique but it didn't work. Well it worked, but didn't look right.

It's getting the chunkiness of the apple whilst still maintaining transparency and relections/refractions I struggled with. Glass has to be one of the hardest things to do unless your name is ASH :D

I'm not giving up yet tho' :arrow:

Aha! You said it worked, but didn't look right. Perhaps it's right under your nose.

Yes, I know that Ash has created some glass. I have thus far steered clear of creating glass until somebody can come up with a decent tutorial to create one. I have seen a bunch of PS tut, but no where near as realistic as I see it in my mind.

Now, Goon, what's your response?

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments about the apple

...I should have said I used this Apple Logo for a template. I'm glad you's enjoyed the 'fun' ones :D

@Janettsue ... Thanks. Hopefully when I finish 'Precious' you'll like that more than the butterfly :AllColorChannels:

@ LFC' ... thanks man, and you've reminded me I have to finish WorkShop 2 with the addition of a few new tools

@ Storm' ... practice makes perfect and by next year I may have cracked the glass :wink:

This next piece was nearly a completed WIP but after some very good advice/suggestions/observations from oma ... it's a WIP in it's infancy stages :) :arrow:

Hot Chocolate

th_chocoegg2.png

I'm at loss for words. I truly don't even know how to express my surprise and how excellent this piece looks. If that is just in its "infancy" stage, how will the final project look like? You want me to get a heart attack? I thought this was already a finished piece as it looks so nice. I wish to see it finished soon. :wink: