welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~Bright Spark ~ 21/08/2019

@Drydareelin @Woodsy @Pixey @lynxster4 ... thanks guys.  I'm comfortable with stuff I've worked with my hands ... ie. stone, wood and metal but sometimes, with metal I'll take a reference image and try to emulate it in PDN.  PlugIns are invaluable in achieving it.  A lot of the time it gets melted back down ... 

I'll try to knock up a tut' this coming week, but sadly due to Consultant's orders I've got to cut back on hunching over a keyboard for too long in a day.  

But then again I'm not known for listening ...

-------------------------------------------------------

125 on Pg.1 - Strange title ?  It's the way things landed ...

This has been a long time in the making, trying to get the colours I was happy with

Spoked Wheel plugin used for the wire.  Thanks @toe_head2001 

• Like 1

Ahhh.....love the dart board!   <3    It makes me want to hang up my Dad's, which I ended up with after his passing....

This brings back so many good memories when we had dart competitions at home...   :)

• Like 1

@lynxster4 ... many thanks.  The bulls eye goes at 5 foot 8 " .  ;)  Sorry to hear about your Dad and happy that memories are good.  Darts is such a great game.  I never miss a tournament on TV

@LionsDragon ... many thanks.  Join the club (again)  I'm permanently boggled :P  Darts is the only sport I can actually still play for a little time

I working on a newer version, more metally wire, trying to smooth out the few jaggies that keep catching my eye and metal looking darts, not plastic :lol:

Thanks for the feedback and support

• Like 2

Oh OOOOO - I totally missed the Dart Board until now.  It's a very realistic piece indeed - well done you :star:

I used to be an avid player myself, but have not been in many Pubs recently :lol: to have a go.  I do remember though, when I quit a job that I hated and had a party afterwards - and invited all the others who hated the Boss from Hell too,  we attached a photo of her on the dart board and threw the darts at her with great joy.  I expect some folks will think this was awful, but you didn't know this Boss from Hell >:O

• Like 2

Welshblue, Welshblue, Welshblue...where do I begin? With my quick visit to Paint.NET, I couldn't resist viewing your latest works.  I am taken away by the spectacular imagery you created. The dartboard, the "Keep Out" sign with the amazing fence, the ring, the sand person--everything else...Wow! Wow! Wow! =O=O=O

• Like 2

@HELEN.  Thank you so much for the kind words.  If I could only have a £1 for every kind word you've ever given towards my work  ... we'd both have a great Christmas ( I was taught to share :D)  I'm glad you enjoyed them - and I'm also glad to have rediscovered how powerful PDN is.  A bit sad that some still aren't here (;))

@Pixey

On 08/12/2017 at 10:09 PM, Pixey said:

I expect some folks will think this was awful

... only if you missed the board :D 

The worst thing I ever did to a work mate was put 8 laxatives in their tea flask because they kept creeping through the trees to pinch our drinks.  That was on a Friday ... and I've never seen anyone look so ill on a Monday :/   Mind you the poor bloke also had half his hair dyed blonde on another occasion after he put lubricating grease in another man's sandwiches ... ahhh the good old days.  Many thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

@Seerose ... gosh don't worry about it.  Only so many hours in the day ... 

Thank you for the kind words.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hoping that everyone on here has a great Christmas, or in some cases as good as possible ... and that 2018 brings lots of luck and joy.

Many thanks for welcoming me back and for the support ... Likes/etc for my work and tutorials.  It's very much appreciated.

Also big thanks to the Staff for allowing it so

Merry Christmas folks ... 

Merry_Christmas.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

<3 @welshblue!   merysan12.gif

The gift of love,the gift of peace.
The gift of happiness,

May all these be yours at christmas.      
Merry Christmas!

All the best for you and for your family. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Ooooo and Ahhhhh :lol: 

For a non-Christmas person you are making some fabulous Christmas renditions.  This one is gorgeous and it looks like a textured metal :D

• Like 1

Sorry for not commenting and seemingly not appreciating the feedback/ comments but stuff has gotten in the way the past few weeks.

Every year I say ... it's going to be a better New Year ... baallox.  It never is

Obliq on Pg. 1 ... an update of an old OoTF image which was really bland without a background. 

Added more shines and to date I think the most realistic glass I've managed to muster

• Like 4

Ooooh a perfume bottle with a stopper! Fabulous work! Fabulous shape,  colour & way you put the name on it & even the name. I looks a bit ethereal too, like you can look but you cannot afford me :D

I've missed a couple of your lovely works, like Eternal. Smooth & that bauble on top, the frosty look! I just want to touch it. 

• Like 1

A highly realistic perfume bottle you have there, some fantastic works of art in your gallery, thank you for sharing your talent, now if only my patience would let me create like this :/

• Like 1

It looks really, really fabulous @welshblue the color is my favorite and what a great looking stopper <3

• Like 1

@welshblue I like your recent work. It reminds me of a vial...or a bottle of perfume...or a potion. Simple, elegant and classy. B]

Note: I'm glad you're back... ?

@Beta0 ... Simple, elegant and classy - I thought you were describing me until I looked in the mirror :D  Many thanks for the visit and kind words.  BTW - love the sig

@mottoman ... thanks mate.  Not sure about 'talent' ... a sort of jack of all trades but master of none.  But I'll keep plugin away ... (geddit :P)

@lynxster4 @barbieq25 @Pixey @LionsDragon and @Seerose ... many thanks for the kind words, and the continued support ... it really does mean the world

@TrevorOutlaw ... don't let it bother you, not all perfume bottles have the liquid touching the outside, it just means it's thick moulded glass ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Return on Pg.1 .... my utmost respect to the Space guys here ... it really is a difficult genre to get right.   Still haven't managed it after 9 years :/

I've also got this down to quick, manageable steps if anyone would like a few pointers

proper_glass_text.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, welshblue said:

Still haven't managed it after 9 years :/

Looks darn excellent to me!  I think you did a fantastic job of 'the mashing up of planets'!   :P

6 hours ago, welshblue said:

I've also got this down to quick, manageable steps if anyone would like a few pointers

I would love a few pointers...the 'glass' looks perfect!  :D

That is a mighty impressive space creation you have there.  @Drydareelin will also, I'm sure, like it too :D

That glass is great .......... like @lynxster4 - pointers would be most welcome :pizza: