~ WelshBlue ~BoltBait's Challenge ~ 14/09/2020

Thanks Aislin :wink:

Thanks barbieq', Briamoth and Chad

Chad ... I had to laff @ the meh but Zieon Eslador had a valid point. Whilst it's all 100% pdn, I was a bit lazy with some of the frames. Although all the tears have been distorted differently ... a bit too subtle ?

The next version won't be so similar :wink:

Chad ... I had to laff @ the meh but Zieon Eslador had a valid point. Whilst it's all 100% pdn, I was a bit lazy with some of the frames. Although all the tears have been distorted differently ... a bit too subtle ?

The next version won't be so similar :wink:

The point may be valid, but I was just poking fun. I've definitely done lazier things in my art than that. :P

Chad, you so blind.

SundayWalk-

It reminds me very much of my trip to Alaska, even though the mountains weren't so pointy there. :wink: The mountains far in the background are definitely the most realistic feature (If a bit over-feathered) but everything looks above 70% on the realness scale, especially the water. It's a very nice piece in my book.

...Who's/What's Cymru Rydd?

Thanks everyone, I wasn't entirely happy with aspects of the textures (some were over-stretched and lost clarity) ... but it's all a good learning curve.

@ Janettesue ... good to see you (so to speak) and your hubby was right, I used to do carpentry :wink:

@ Z.E. ... like I said in PM ... 75% ? :P

thanks for the comments, much appreciated

Trying to find better rock/ ice textures:

th_texture1.jpg th_texture2.jpg th_texture3.jpg th_texture4.jpg

great textures Welshy! I can see the advanced thoughts going on towards your next image. I think you nailed the textures, perhaps a few more colors into the blend. I think you may need to use all of them within the image at differnt spots.

the last one really reminds me of the texture I used in my skull picture. :lol: The first reminds me very much of the cambrian shield rock. I think you might find these two work the best especially the 4th one if you change it to horizontal.

ciao OMA

Thanks everyone. They're textures under going transitions into other textures :lol:

Some of you know, oma was right, they're all going to be used in a much bigger picture ...

@ csm725 and monkeyface (?) half the time, textures like those above are the result of an hour or so click, click clicking and I never remember exactly how something was made. A tip for those textures ... Chad's concrete tut', Clouds , Alpha Displacement and lots of playing with loads of layers and blend modes

(Don't let Goon' know you're a blue csm :wink: )

A play around piece.

Fossils #2

th_fossil2.jpg

• welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~BoltBait's Challenge ~ 14/09/2020