~ WelshBlue ~BoltBait's Challenge ~ 14/09/2020

@ReMake @lynxster4 @Pixey @Eli ... thank you so much ladies and gentleman. 

Those kind words have actually brought tears to my eyes after logging on to read this in my messages  

" Plagiarism is the word he used after seeing your latest.  I suspect others here too are of the same thinking and that is why not many up vote your work.

Response ? "

Guys like yourselves who appreciate how much of myself I put into my work,  you really o stop me saying "screw it" and getting Admin to delete this thread and not bothering anymore.

Just for my own peace of mind in case there are others on here who think like that:

ps-controller-4-proof.png

It really is upsetting that my integrity may be doubted, when a lot of of thought/ time and effort and aborted files go into an image. 

The four buttons alone are 20 layers just to get the lighting right ... 

...  thank you again

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

@Seerose ... thank you and my apologies for being so bad in not replying sooner.  

@Rico285 ... thank you.  My work is quite often basic shapes, textures and a lot of blur painting.  Your work is a different genre as such,  but just as pleasing visually

Struggling to find the PDN muse.   A photo- manipulation of sorts.  

Original head https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-doll-head-print/1111483, shattered glass Google

Beholder ( as in beauty is in the eye of the  and I've a thing for shaven headed women ...)

Beholder.png

Suggestions as to what I could attempt to make would be appreciated, before loss of inspiration turns into apathy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Suggestions as to what I could attempt to make would be appreciated

Great piece Welshy.  What do you want to do with a shaven-headed woman?  I leave that up to you.

My first thought when I saw it was:  she's gonna take a bullet right in the eye.  2nd thought:  She's broken through the supposed 'glass ceiling'.  I don't know..... 😂

• Upvote 1

Hehe @lynxster4 ... Hold her ears ... But raising the tone .... I meant a new object I could make.  I'm struggling to get interested a bit and P DN has been such a big part of my life I don't like feeling like I can't be bothered if you know what I mean

6 minutes ago, welshblue said:

'm struggling to get interested

I know exactly what you mean.  I haven't posted a new piece since May.  I just haven't been inspired at all.  With everything going on....I guess that's normal.

• Like 1

I like this one @welshblue it doesn't scare me 😬 nor do I find it 'goolish' in the slightest.  It actually reminds me of a doll I had when I was little.  I think it was made out of some kind of ceramic texture.  The dead eye looks ............... really dead 👍

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 6:38 AM, welshblue said:

Page 1.  Depression 

For years I've battled with the invisible curse brought on by PTSD and in these uncertain times, not having seen my son for  5 months and my daughter for 4 ... it creeps back up on you without you realising it ... Paint.net and this forum is currently keeping my head above water.  TMI ?  Ahh well ... better out than in.  I'm not ashamed of admitting it.

All PDN except the eye

Depression.png

Oh my! I missed this one but I really do like the flow & the smoothness of those lines. The colours are perfect for it too.

We should talk about depression & PTSD. Yeah, it gets me to at times. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 4:57 AM, barbieq25 said:

Oh my! I missed this one but I really do like the flow & the smoothness of those lines. The colours are perfect for it too.

We should talk about depression & PTSD. Yeah, it gets me to at times. 

Same! Just asked for a referral to a new therapist today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Pixey .. thanks.  I've gotten a bit fed up with macabre dark ... so to elicit that response means I got the balance right.

@barbieq25 ... thanks.  The background I posted was the only one I could do that gave her justice, and show the colours in a favourable light.

@LionsDragon and @barbieq25 - sadly not enough people talk about their emotions and serious issues.  For years mine manifested in destructive behaviour and risk taking.  Being a drug addled alcoholic only masked the issue, never solved it.  Not caring if I lived or died whether it be at work or driving the car or fights for the sake of it ... didn't solve anything.

12 years without a drink or a drug (apart from 14 different medications) and the last 18 months having the best Psychologist to get me through an event that happened 30 years ago ...  who has finally made me see ... "It's not my fault"   I still have the flashbacks but I've now got the coping tools to get through

... mental health isn't a weakness.  In fact I think anyone who struggles through are some of the strongest.  I could have stepped off quite often ... now the devil will have to drag me off kicking and fighting 😉

I should add - the help of the best wife I could wish for, who loves me for who I am unconditionally has also got me this far.

Plus I feel no shame in any of the negative things I wrote about myself above ... just pride at the person I am getting through 

I'll leave the judging to those who have never made mistakes ... if there are any,  they're liars ... or self delusional

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 2
  • welshblue changed the title to ~ WelshBlue ~BoltBait's Challenge ~ 14/09/2020

@BoltBait's Challenge https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/16293-sotw-discussion-talk-inside/?do=findComment&comment=574974

I haven't a clue if this will work or not.  Almost lost the will to move my mouse ... not sure about a psychologist, after this I need a lobotomy.

Mentally taxing, when I'm lacking in brain cells anyway 🤣

game-over.gif

.... ahhh so focused on the paddles I forgot to concentrate on the Goodnight Nurse theme too.  Oh well it works

Edited by welshblue
10 hours ago, LoudSilence said:

the default theme version looked very hard to make..

Initially - as you work out the timings, but then it was a case of making 31 frames - merging 30 into 15 ... it all equals an hour or so of my life I'll never get back.

I've a more complex one started which may get finished one day ... but most probably not

Edited by welshblue

I was just looking through your recent works (the phone and controller), and my gosh man, you're a paint.net master! I've done some (okay maybe 2 or 3) "realistic" images, and it's no match for your skills. Probably why I stick to abstract images.

Thanks a lot for sharing your works with us, especially with all of the negativity that may be out there stating that you don't actually make them yourself. Glad you're still here to show your works.

On 9/12/2020 at 3:06 PM, welshblue said:

... mental health isn't a weakness.  In fact I think anyone who struggles through are some of the strongest.  I could have stepped off quite often ... now the devil will have to drag me off kicking and fighting 😉

Agreed! There's no shame in it. The shame is on the people who caused the trauma. I didn't ask for my mother's abuse. I was always "the smart one, she'll go to an Ivy League school for sure." At home though, I constantly heard that I was stupid and worthless. Guess which one stuck? :(

I am open about my struggles to help end the stigma.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

I constantly heard that I was stupid and worthless. Guess which one stuck?

... but you're not.  You're a strong beautiful woman.  

Sadly the world is full of cruel, vile people who's own issues manifest themselves in really ugly ways.

I guess a lot of M H issues stem from the actions of others.  Mine did.  And the Fibromylgia. 

Sadly on forums for both, I've lost good friends who didn't have the energy to carry on.  Strangely I understand giving up because of the Fibro' more than the PTSD.

The days I've spent curled up because the body feels like someone is pouring boiling water on me for hours on end, and then adding 110 volts for good measure.

It's not nice

I could cheerfully have have said Eff this and done something drastic and devastating. 

But then something a policeman once said to me when he didn't 'cuff me ... you're a fighter not a runner ... plus the money the NHS have spent keeping me alive

Take care Alyce

Thanks @Drydareelin and @lynxster4 for the reps for BoltBait's Challenge

Edited by welshblue