welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~BarbieQ's Challenge~ 24/08/2019

Thanks Helen.  I tried lots of colours and that one looked best.  And a sort of lime green ... but that's a bit too adventurous for a recovering dark/ macabre junkie 

Another resolution is to reply to comments sooner ... 

Thanks BarbieQ'.  This year I want to attempt different things.  Apart from my abstracts a lot of my work is 'samey' ie - metal and wood.  

But as I said to Helen ... we'll see how long it lasts :lol:

'Brighter-art' - nice work on the shadows - I like the deceptively simple idea too.

You don't need any tutorials! ;)

• Upvote 1

You don't need any tutorials! ;)

i do for that masterpiece you created.  I'm not intelligient enough to express how much I love that.  not without using words starting with 'F' to emphasise.  That trumped any metal I've seen on here

Thanks for the Bright Start comments.  In a way it was easy but the text has a lot of layers before running the magic

--------------------------

Added on page 1 a WIP I've had for months.  No pun intended but it's one of those stop starts projects.  One day I like where it's heading.  Another I don't.

Thoughts ?  And be brutal (I am this year :black: ... none of us learn from 'awesome' )

You have to keep going on the car, that looks like a promising WIP there. I really like Bright Start too, the way the text leaps from the rest is very good :)

• Upvote 1

I agree with DrewDale . You really must press on with the car. It`s looking great already. It reminds me one that is just being prepared for the paint job with the grey being the colour of the primer.

• Upvote 1

Yes! Finish it! Mind you I like the minimalist look of it too. Like Helen said, it is very sleek. 

Does it come in purple or blue??

• Upvote 1

The car looks good at this stage, maybe extending the black piece of the hood down to the front with some grill in it? Like how some Bugatti designs have,
Just to let you know that the front grill (horizontal ones) are not exactly in the center ,it is shifted a little to the left.

• Upvote 1

Does it come in purple or blue??

Any colour you want ...

Thanks BarbieQ', DrewD', Goon', Helen and YM on whether I should finish it.   A long way to go on it yet ... getting a decent starting shape is harder than I thought, may explain why I doodle in PDN not work for Audi  :evillaugh:

• Upvote 1

I echo the others' comments on the car.  You have to finish it as it's so sleak and hot-looking.  I think a lovely metal-bluish-colour would be perfect :)

• Upvote 1

Metal flake blue or candy apple red on the car,maybe with you behind the wheel,lol. ;)

Or a hot blond on the hood. :)

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 1

Or a hot blond on the hood. :)

My first glimpse of that I thought it said 'blood' :lol:

@ JF and skullbonz ... it's had a reprieve from the recycle bin.  

Just got to get over my addiction with Red O's new toy first ... 

Fire flake red or candy apple red is what my bike will be. I am toying with the combo in tribal flame - a variation at least. Don't great minds just think alike? I have always loved the candy colours. 

Tall, dark & handsome holding the keys with a smile???

Tall, dark & handsome holding the keys with a smile???

I'm none of them  :evillaugh:

@ Sasha ... I want to see it finished ... just not sure how to do it yet  =O

--------------------------------------------------

I'm always grateful and appreciative of all comments, tips, critique and inspiration from all visitors into my little world on here but special mention goes to BarbieQ' and Helen who I think have commented on every image I've posted these past few years.  That humbles me because of the high regard I hold you both in.

A mini-award to you ladies on Pg 1. (was meant to be for Christmas ...)

Welsh, it's never to late to give someone a gift. This is just fantastic! I'm sitting here like a kid clasping both my hands together and marveling over this image. I think the texture behind the main image also has something to do with it... Beautiful metallic and glassy parts to the image. 

I'm so tempted to push the green sphere from the top... I wonder what will happen. 

Oh, and I love commenting in your gallery. I mean, who wouldn't? You know that I've admired your work ever since the beginning. I'm pretty sure barbieq will love this as much as I do. Thanks, Welsh. ;)

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with Helen wholeheartedly. I had tears running down my face as I saw it. It is beautiful  I love the mix of bright/dark, smooth with the stone texture background. I was just reading about something in a deep dark dungeon & watched a DVD on the underground world beneath the cities of the world. I like the curve too of the main piece. I get the feeling that if I picked up the sphere it would be heavy. 

You & Helen always have given me encouragement over the years & I hold you both in the highest esteem. Your art, Welshy, has always resonated with me.

Thank you so much for the wonderful gift. I am very honoured! t4614.gif

EDIT: Forgot to say that it looks fabulous on my desktop & replaces the spaceship's open hold that was on there :D

Edited by barbieq25
  • Upvote 1

@ matt and skullbonz ... thanks guys

@ Helen and BarbieQ' ... really glad you enjoyed it.  It's a thank you for keeping me motivated and for everything else.

A few more dedication pieces in the pipeline ... 

• Upvote 1

Top work on the for Helen & Barbieq image Welshblue, loving the detail and depth to it, really good use of light n shade, the colours are excellent too.

As always I tip my hat to creativity.  B)

• Upvote 1