welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~BarbieQ's Challenge~ 24/08/2019

Welshy.."psycho killer" is a great piece of artwork..clean..sharp..honest..(what you see is what you get :P )

also..the best piece of music David Byrne has ever written..imo. B)

you say you are looking for ideas to use some of your old pdn textures in..well I do believe that you promised myself and Blackpenny "something special" a little while back..maybe you could rustle up a little image for us to get you inspired again.. :mrgreen:

regards j.d.

Why not make a thread at Fans & post them there for anyone to use? We could all contribute?

I'd love a Cape Cod chair if your in the mood for working with wood or a Roman bath/reflection pool, please?

EDIT: What about a menhir ala asterix & obelix - cannot remember the guy that did the menhirs. When my kids were little, they used to find rocks to put in my garden as menhirs - huge things they were but we struggled them into place.

Edited by barbieq25

A while back I got tired of looking through lots of drawings looking for a texture I wanted to use in a new piece. So one day I just got fed up and created several folders under My Pictures folder, for the variety of images I have. I made folders for Stocks_Animals, Stocks_Political, etc. Then I made folders for my original artwork like Wood, Planets, Metal, Stone, etc. It has really helped me to quickly find stuff.

@ J.D. ... agreed about David Byrne. One of his latest was just Lazy...

I forgot about the present for you and blackpenny. Once I kick start my head into inspiration, motivation and inclination I'll see if I can deliver

Although your abstract line art theme could be interesting

@ Barbie' ... all good ideas, maybe a stonehenge image in the future.

To be honest I think I've taken what I can do with Paint.Net to the limit.

I've no motivation or the knowledge to do much more and I don't want my stuff to become so repetitive to myself that I spend a few days making something I get fed up and delete the file.

I would write some more tuts but the ones I do write sink like a stone. But I guess they're only useful if you want a specific thing

I think I need a new challenge for a while ... something like Blender or a similar programme. See if I can make that thing for J.D.

@ Possum ... similar to mine, except mine have got redundant by some of them :lol:

Edit ... BTW J.D. looks like your flying in all the comps. Congrats

-----------------------------

Playing around with Olav's leather/pebble tut

Final Curtain and a couple of unpublished images in my gallery here

Labelled with Love makes more sense with this ...

With kind permissiom from 007Nab to use this Click and the bottle started out as this small stock image Click Edited by welshblue

To be honest Welshy I`m struggling to know what to make of this one. I like the way you have coloured it though.

As far as new challenges are concerned - how about Inkscape? I downloaded it about a week ago intending to use it for parts of a PS tut which were done in Illustrator but in the end I made them in PDN anyway. Just a suggestion. :)

To be honest Welshy I`m struggling to know what to make of this one. I like the way you have coloured it though.

As far as new challenges are concerned - how about Inkscape? I downloaded it about a week ago intending to use it for parts of a PS tut which were done in Illustrator but in the end I made them in PDN anyway. Just a suggestion. :)

You and me both mate. I just clicked and clicked until it was something

InkScape ... hmmm I'll give it a try

I think the lot of the trouble is I need to get back to work. My brain is slowly cabbaging without the endorphins physical work gives. I hate being idle. I'm evening decorating the house (and bwoy I hate decorating), and getting my garage set up to get back to carpentry

Hopefully in a fortnight the adrenaline and buzz of the forestry will get the creative juices flowing

Edited by welshblue

Thanks Possum

All credit has to go to Sargon and Olav.k.m ... I just fused 2 of their tuts together.

On idleness getting to you ... there really should be a mental health warning on daytime TV. Talk about mind-numbing

Thanks Possum

All credit has to go to Sargon and Olav.k.m ... I just fused 2 of their tuts together.

On idleness getting to you ... there really should be a mental health warning on daytime TV. Talk about mind-numbing

I hope you haven't watched any American daytime TV. >:O Jerry Springer's show will rot your brain !

I hope you haven't watched any American daytime TV. >:O Jerry Springer's show will rot your brain !

The day that my life hits that all time low, I'll be beyond help and I'll climb the nearest mountain and step off ...

The Emperor's New Clothes Pg 1

Inspired by the awesome album of the same name by the gorgeous Sinead O'Connor as I make some art to be printed and framed in some rooms in my house. Triple sized version will be on d.A. sometime soon ...

Wait until you're married csm' ... then you find out your mind isn't your own anymore, that you have to add orange flashes as directed or else risk the wrath ;)

In my case, being reminded she's the one with the art qualification ... and if I don't want to do it like she wants, I don't have to. She'll just go out and spend silly money finding it ...

Welshblue, I like the smoothness of The Emporer's ne clothes. Your textures are all amazing. Since I haven't been on in a while, I'll comment on some of the others too. :D

I really like the wrench under “Aceeeed.” The textures and the lines are great, and the shadowing, and attention to detail are amazing.

I also think your landscapes are stunning, and especially like the ones you have done with water. I enjoy seeing all of your layering and details. Thanks for your art. Even if you aren't the one with the "art qualifications?"

Thank you LibbyH :D

Good to see you back. Your kind words are very much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time out to write them, and glad you enjoyed the latest works

As always Barbie' ... mmmwwwaaahhh for the comments and support.

Undulations ... what a great word :D

New image on pg 1 as I work on ways to try and improve this tut especially quick shiney metal

WB. as you probably have guessed..I know "sweet F/A" about spanners and the like..but I do like shiney things and your metal tex. is just that..very realistic.. :)

TENC. is quite unusual..very touchy-feely..(I think the correct term is tactile..but it dosen't sound as good) :mrgreen:

nice work.

regards j.d.

As noted on Fans...but just to say again that I love the reflections & the texture. Brand spanking new spanners - fabulous work & I will have a go at the tute soon. Thanks for taking the time to write tutes. They have helped me a great deal. I still want to go back & do the cogs again. Maybe even put a spanner in it. :lol:

Agree with Bbq - lovely set of spanners with a great texture and a very realistic look to them. My only nitpick would be that they seem a bit thin and flimsy . I`m sure they are made of the strongest metal going though ! sHa_lol2.gif

Nice work Welshy.

@ paint dot mike ... thanks. Glad you enjoyed the look around

@ J.D. ... thanks.

Touchy feely does sound better than tactile ... those 2 words got me into sooo much trouble when I was younger :P;)

@ barbie' ... thanks.

I might revisit the cog tut, I've found a better way to get a better shine which could look good on them.

Spanner in the works ? Guilty as charged quite a few times :D

@ Goon' ... thanks.

Layer/ Rotating them gave that flimsy look ... something I'll have to address if when I get around to writing that tut. (Although I'm not sure people want to make spanners) ... maybe using the textures from Shrapnel on page 1 ?

The starting point of hopefully a great to be image in a Collab' with the jewellery guru, the fantastic PeterPawn

I've found new plug-ins I love ... the Kaleidoscope ones :D

Shrapnel is beautiful, a general comment - not to be too harsh but your text in general is really horrible. :(

Loving your textures, I've caught people feeling my screen when your pieces are set as wallpapers.

Love the new Shrapnel piece, the checkboard metal texture near the center is absolutely beautiful, (along with the rest of it.)

I do agree though that the text could be improved, but its not really about the text :lol:

Great Job Welsh. :coffee:

Text??What text? Second look (oh yeah there is text)...the centre piece is so good that I didn't see the text.

Yep, so maybe 3D text. Dafont's Sniper Shot might be good for this one?

& you don't wanna know what I said when I read the plugins used! Darned great work Welshy!

I want to make a spanner! I have some ideas & would love a tute. You just set off a few light bulbs too.

You're wanting this latest turned into a jewel - great idea. A collab with PP - now that is something worth waiting for. The master of textures working with the master of jewels. B)

New piece looks great - just love it!