welshblue

~ WelshBlue ~BarbieQ's Challenge~ 24/08/2019

Like Helen, I commented in DA first. Absolutely fantastic!

As Helen mentioned the tear & the eye are really well done. I love the way the rays work. Coming from & to the eye.

The borders & variety really set this work off.

The silver heart is very nice - almost looks like the locket I have.

A fantastic piece in terms of colour, composition & execution.

Your abstracts are always so well done but this one is my most favourite so far.

Oh I know you will be doing planets one day soon I have faith in you :mrgreen: My goodness this new piece really moved me , so emotional . Beautiful work :D I love this , the heart on the corner looks like the one I have :wink:

Thanks everyone and csm' ... I'm quite sure it wasn't a stock image :wink:

3 more for you's to hopefully enjoy ..

th_ForOma2.jpg th_stan.jpg th_chelseawallpaper.jpg

Love them all, especially the CFC one.

I'm so proud of the Blues for beating MUTD 2-1!

They might even take the EPL this year...

(Don't wanna jinx 'em... ;) )

Thanks Helen and Soka' ... glad you enjoyed them again  :P

@ CSM' ... thanks.   Feel fee to use the wallpaper, or if you want a certain one, give me a shout as I'm currently struggling for ideas to keep me interested in pdn  :blink:

Thanks barbieq' (again)

A new gallery banner to shut up the doubters and the disser's of my work.  Anything is possible with paint.Net so get on and create something ...

Very nice . Appropriate name too! :lol:

Well we were shown a thing or two last night. For 2 whole minutes the dream was alive then - BOOM! What a Messi. :roll:

At least we went out to the best team and the best player in the world. No shame in that - especially bearing in mind the injuries we had.

Looks like yet another potless season.

I love the new banner! So many things to see & remembered snippets of fantastic work.

The doubters & the dissers can put their work up or shut up.

The work you do is first rate. I've seen the files & the WIPs.

Love the humour in your work too.

Wow! I like what barbieq said. For me, it was like a backflash of all your images shown in one. Outstanding work, welshblue!! ;)

' Goon', Soka', barbieq' and Helen.  Thanks guys ... it may stay, or it may go ... it all depends how I decide to display my work  :|

@ Goon' ... I was actually quite gutted for Arsenal on tues night.  Usually if it's not CFC I want a team to go out ... and after Bendtner opened the scoring, I thought WOW it's possible.

Then, well you've summed that up perfectly.   At least Man Ure went out last night mate, and hopefully the scousers tonight ... strange for a Chelsea fan, but I hope Fulham go through  :/

Inspired by a classic '60's track (I know, I don't look old enough ...)

newsword.jpg

Sword looks fabulous. I love the rich blue colour ( rich blue? Well I never!) and glass text is superbly done but the highlight has to be the sword itself. The handle is brilliantly done with great texture and colour. Great image definitely worth showing off in your restructured gallery in my opinion . ;)

The old man was gutted. Seeing his side go 3-0 up and then throw it away to a pretty average Bayern side. Was I sorry to see them go? Was I fairycakes! If they couldn`t get through after that then they don`t deserve to get through anyway.

It would be nice to see Fulham be successful though. :)

The sword is amazing, especially the handle. What catches my eye is how real the ruby looks. The colour is spot on.

The gold is great too, but looks slightly dull and brass like. Maybe up the saturation and give it a more yellow-y hue? I dunno, might work. It still looks incredibly real as it is though.

Keep it up mate. :)

Hey LFC' ... good to see you mate.  How the devil are you ?  Thanks for the compliments and suggestions.  Before I use the sword in the next image I'll give that a try (my excuse at the moment is that it's the rarest of Welsh gold   :P)  Off topic ... I actually thought LFC looked pretty darned hot against Benfica ...

@ Soka' ... thank you 'Girl, I'm glad you enjoyed it 

@ barbieq' ... thanks and thanks, for your support here and all over t'internet   ;)

@ chrisco' ... thanks man.  Textures are just loads of practice and experimentation ... practice makes perfect   ;)

@ Goon' ... thanks mate.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.  On the rich blue ... long live the Russian.  Do I use blue too much ?  I've often wondered.

On my gallery set up ... I'm not sure what I'm doing yet;  the aim is trying to cut down on maintaining 3 galleries   :roll:  With feedback for maximum improvement growth.

It'll all sort itself out ...

Edited by welshblue

@ chrisco' ... thanks man. Textures are just loads of practice and experimentation ... practice makes perfect ;)

And soon, you will be winning competitions for your textures!